Pandora: The World of Avatar opening date contest

Ripken10

While we are still 3 months till the first official guess, I wanted clarity on the rules...this is a big prize you know. Once your guess is passed, you can't submit a new guess, correct? In fact, IMO I think at some point your guess must be locked in (maybe 2 months? - once your inside that window your guess is locked in forever) so that people can't just guess early dates, and keep putting in new guesses as they are wrong. Just sayin...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
While we are still 3 months till the first official guess, I wanted clarity on the rules...this is a big prize you know. Once your guess is passed, you can't submit a new guess, correct? In fact, IMO I think at some point your guess must be locked in (maybe 2 months? - once your inside that window your guess is locked in forever) so that people can't just guess early dates, and keep putting in new guesses as they are wrong. Just sayin...
One guess per person. Once your date passes you are out. No re-entry allowed unless you are offering me something good. I really like home made pie and of course cash works too;)

It's probably a good idea to lock all new guesses at some point before the end of this year. I think November 18th works since that is the day before the D23 Avatar event at CR. I'm not holding out hope that they would actually announce an opening date at the event but it's possible that they narrow down the timeframe. I'll add a note to the first post.

MOXOMUMD

One guess per person. Once your date passes you are out. No re-entry allowed unless you are offering me something good. I really like home made pie and of course cash works too;)

It's probably a good idea to lock all new guesses at some point before the end of this year. I think November 18th works since that is the day before the D23 Avatar event at CR. I'm not holding out hope that they would actually announce an opening date at the event but it's possible that they narrow down the timeframe. I'll add a note to the first post.
Good idea. :)

S 2

We are entering the home stretch of "Avatar Land" construction so I thought it would be fun to start a thread dedicated to guessing the opening date of the new land. As you post your guess I'll go back and edit the first post in the thread to keep a running list. The person who is closest to the actual start date gets absolutely nothing of value, just bragging rights around here:). Keep in mind Disney still officially lists the opening as a vague "2017". For a frame of reference, there was some thought that it might open on Earth day 2017 which is 4/22/17 (the original AK park opened on Earth day 1998). Easter is 4/16/17 so if they wanted to have it open in time for the spring break crowds it would need to be by 4/8/17. This thread is neither news or rumors, but I think it fits in the Avatar subsection. I'll understand if the moderators want to move it. Good luck to all participants.

Edit: one person per day so look at the list before picking. If you pick a date that is already taken ill give you the day before or day after.

****I'm going to put a deadline of 11/18/16 for new entries. That is the day before the Avatar D23 event at Contemporary Resort. I'm not holding out hope that they actually announce a firm opening date at the event but they may give some hints or narrow down the timeframe. If you haven't made a guess yet get your entry in before the deadline passes.

ONE DOLLAR BOB!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom