Pandora: The World of Avatar opening date contest

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
I wonder if they'd target to open for the July 4th crowds? Maybe my 6/25 pick has a chance after all :geek:
I think the original target was April but they are behind schedule so they pushed it to "summer". If they catch up it could still easily soft open in May or early June and while that's technically still Spring nobody will really care. The flip side is that they are really targeting more around September but don't want to lose guests who may be considering booking at trip next summer soon so they left it vague. We shall see.

DisneyPrincess5

I think the original target was April but they are behind schedule so they pushed it to "summer". If they catch up it could still easily soft open in May or early June and while that's technically still Spring nobody will really care. The flip side is that they are really targeting more around September but don't want to lose guests who may be considering booking at trip next summer soon so they left it vague. We shall see.
Hah yes so true. "Summer" is a safe time frame to disclose I guess. I'm just banking on "hopefully one day I'll see it..." at this point.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
We may have gotten another clue as to the timeframe of the opening based on the AK only blackout dates on the FL resident special offer tickets. They blackout Friday May 27th (Friday of Memorial Day Weekend) until June 9th when the tickets expire anyway. Those who guessed end of May through mid-June are looking a little better based on this news. They may plan a soft opening during those weeks with an official opening sometime around June 21 (start of summer). June 17th would be a pretty good date to get this thing open;)

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...icket-offer-hints-at-pandora-opening-date.htm

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
More rumors and info seem to be swirling around and all signs point to potential soft openings during the week long media event scheduled to start on May 21. Some rumors point to AP/DVC soft openings after followed by the grand opening. Unless there's a major setback, guesses between 5/21 and 6/21 for the official opening are looking pretty good. Stay tuned.

Mike S

More rumors and info seem to be swirling around and all signs point to potential soft openings during the week long media event scheduled to start on May 21. Some rumors point to AP/DVC soft openings after followed by the grand opening. Unless there's a major setback, guesses between 5/21 and 6/21 for the official opening are looking pretty good. Stay tuned.
I would definitely go for AP previews as long as they're before May 8th.

Ripken10

So your saying I have a chance;-)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom