Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

ScarletBegonias

I guess it's all about perspective. I am a "new" Disney lover. While I've been 5 times, most were when I was younger than 18. I've been twice as an adult (2015,2016) and I just saw MSEP for the first time THIS YEAR. I loved it. It's kind of funny to hear how it's in horrible shape and read all the people who think it'd be great to see it gone . As someone who hasn't seen it a bunch of times, I thought it was an excellent parade. True, I haven't seen any of the other parades, but it certainly didn't seem atrocious/falling apart in any manner when I saw it.

With that said, I can't say I will heart broken that it will be gone because I've only seen it once. I DO think that it would be unfortunate for there to be NO nighttime parade, but I do agree that they will remedy that in some way be it with the holiday parties, or a later showing of FoF.

I am anxious to see what's coming down the line and hope that something is lined up for when I am there in April next year.

Rob562

I did. I know, I know, the shows have built off the previous one. I probably should have said; "without MSEP there would be no other". Anyway, hoping what comes next is better then all the previous ones.

I think the more appropriate sentiment might be "Without the Electrical Water Pageant there would be no other"...

And in a side note, MSEP closing made it on the news radio station here in Boston.

-Rob

Donaldfan1934

How much do you want to bet that MSEP gets the upgrades it SHOULD have gotten years ago at WDW before it starts up again at DL. Meantime back at WDW which will probably NEVER see another night time electrical parade, Just another cut in the #YearOfAMillionCuts
DL upgraded MSEP only a year before it came to WDW. I'm sure they did what could be done with those ancient floats. Let's just agree that the parade would be unsalvageable even if OLC had it.

JohnD

Its all about what parade you grew up with I guess. Personally, I hate how TDO used it as an excuse to kill Spectromagic, the parade I grew up with. I respect MSEP as a milestone in parade tech, but its too quaint by 2016 standards and can barely finish its route . I can only imagine what California kids will think of it after being spoiled with PTN.

I also moved away from Florida in 1994 and didn't return until 2002. Still didn't return to Disney for the first time in 20 years until 2013 when MSEP was in use. Never experienced Spectromagic. I'll look for a video and watch it. I'm sure it's good.

AmandaS.

Wikipedia trolls are out already:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpectroMagic

upload_2016-8-11_16-37-6.png

cjack300zx

I love the electrical parade, I had to look up spectromagic on YouTube as I have never seen it in person. My fist thought was I like the music for electrical parade a lot more than spectromagic.

TTA94

There was this artwork that appeared not to long ago... One would assume its for TDLs Dreamlights, and yes it has some Dreamlights floats in it, but WDW is also no stranger to reusing TDL floats mixed in with new floats...

Attachments

• image.jpeg.jpg
    image.jpeg.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 163

jpeden

In the Parks
No
There was this artwork that appeared not to long ago... One would assume its for TDLs Dreamlights, and yes it has some Dreamlights floats in it, but WDW is also no stranger to reusing TDL floats mixed in with new floats...

While it would be awesome, I still hold out no hope that WDW ends up with DreamLights.

The ONLY thing I can even think that is a remote possibility is that they were going to send PTN to Orlando and then recently WDW entered into negotiations with TDL for DreamLights which is why contrary to reliable members here, there are "currently no plans to bring PTN to WDW" as the parks blog said. However, I think this is doubtful.

WDWGuide

Meh, a pyro show doesn't really "show its age" like a parade does. I'd be fine with them leaving Wishes forever and using the development money for something else.

Fantasy in the Sky was getting awfully long in the tooth by the time they replaced it. Most small town fair fireworks were more impressive than it.

Ag11gani

Have they had TDL floats before FoF because the way you've written it it seems they've done it multiple times.

And where did this atwork come from. I'm relatively new to this but it doesn't look like something you'd see from Disney but maybe I'm wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom