Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

jrhwdw

The new night parade for the 50th is actually completely based around the Castle float..............

What, were they just going to run that one float?????

I too am not happy that FOF at night for now hasn't been announced yet! Or at least a later schedule for MRFF!

I can't believe I'm talking this way about TDO!!! Get Moving TDO!!!!!!

Pumbaa1222

There are only a handful of days between now and the beginning of next year when MSEP would even run. Between MNSSHP and MVMCP , when the park is open at night, there is a parade. I think it's something like 15 nights in the next 3 months that are lacking in an evening parade. So the impact won't fully be felt until January, which is a slow period anyway.

I know we like to throw stones and call them cheap, but in this case, I think this timing makes the most sense. Come next Easter/Summer and there isn't an announced replacement, then we can gather the pitchforks.

mgpan

There are only a handful of days between now and the beginning of next year when MSEP would even run. Between MNSSHP and MVMCP , when the park is open at night, there is a parade. I think it's something like 15 nights in the next 3 months that are lacking in an evening parade. So the impact won't fully be felt until January, which is a slow period anyway.

I know we like to throw stones and call them cheap, but in this case, I think this timing makes the most sense. Come next Easter/Summer and there isn't an announced replacement, then we can gather the pitchforks.

Go ahead and call them cheap now, avoid the wait. The timing does make sense, financial sense. You've stated perfectly why there's been no announcement. "I think it's something like 15 nights in the next 3 months that are lacking in an evening parade." When you have guests lining up to throw you extra $$$ for an after hours upcharge event, and one of the selling points is the special parade during the event, why have anything to compete with that which you've "thrown in for free" to someone whose already purchased a day ticket.

ToTBellHop

Stopped by the MK on Friday evening to catch the parade since time is waning and I must admit it will be a sad to have no nighttime parade at the park for the foreseeable future. To me, an electrical parade and Magic Kingdom go hand in hand almost more than fireworks over Cindy's castle. Such a travesty there is not a fire under the butts of TDO to get a new parade asap.

Only 15 days? I think you miscounted because I just did the math and there are 48 non party nights with NO nighttime parade between October 9th and December 31st. I think that's certainly a cause for pitchforks and torches. Assuming the parade would be performing each of those nights.
But, it's only the poor people who cannot afford a ticket to one of the special parties who won't see a show, so it's not a big deal, right? "Disney isn't a charity."

Where's @jt04 when you need him? With regard to MSEP, I'm sure he has had at least three visions and four tea leaf readings along with his weekly 4 am jog with Bob Iger where they've discussed MSEP's replacement at length. I imagine he's known since 2004 what would replace MSEP next year.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Stopped by the MK on Friday evening to catch the parade since time is waning and I must admit it will be a sad to have no nighttime parade at the park for the foreseeable future. To me, an electrical parade and Magic Kingdom go hand in hand almost more than fireworks over Cindy's castle. Such a travesty there is not a fire under the butts of TDO to get a new parade asap.

Only 15 days? I think you miscounted because I just did the math and there are 48 non party nights with NO nighttime parade between October 9th and December 31st. I think that's certainly a cause for pitchforks and torches. Assuming the parade would be performing each of those nights.

I'd say that a electric parade is almost more iconic at the MK than fireworks after all nightly fireworks were a relatively late addition to the MK.

ToTBellHop

3528673502_2b6d739abb_b.jpg

brb1006

Its very disturbing nothing is replacing it. I really thought PTN would end up coming, despite what others have said, or FOF would go nightly, But both seem to be totally out of the question.
And it's already to late to bring back Spectro after what happened back in 2011/2012.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom