Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

GiveMeTheMusic

I haven't heard that, but it makes no sense. What's in it for HKDL to give up their only nighttime show?

We wouldn't be having these ridiculous discussions of TDO would just pony up the dough to get their own new light parade. You'd think they were going out of business instead of charging record prices to record crowds.

lazyboy97o

I haven't heard that, but it makes no sense. What's in it for HKDL to give up their only nighttime show?

We wouldn't be having these ridiculous discussions of TDO would just pony up the dough to get their own new light parade. You'd think they were going out of business instead of charging record prices to record crowds.
But where is the incentive? The loyal fans cheer at other Resorts buying entertainment with the hope and expectation that it will make its way to Walt Disney World.

Crazydisneyfanluke

HKDL also payed for most of the Research and Development if i understand correctly. There is another reason why they wont give it up.

mikenatcity1

WDW probably wants it for their 45th... Though even if they got approved for it there is no way it could debut at MK in time for the opening for the 45th in October.

Even with transportation, there would have to be hiring of cast members for the parade, training and rehearsals. With the Halloween parties starting, I would imagine it would be even tougher to get the rehearsals needed for the parade.

mikenatcity1

The date I just heard from someone was September 10th. I'm sure Disney Parks Blog will report it soon (if not today, sometime this week).

I'm a little confused about the post. When reading someone said there are no times after Sept 10 available, but just looking at the site, there are plenty of dates after (the dates that do not are Halloween Parties). Also- people are reporting PtN is seasonal. Is there a chance it could be a limited time magic thing at MK just for the 45th, or it's just they won't have a night parade either?

Ag11gani

I'm a little confused about the post. When reading someone said there are no times after Sept 10 available, but just looking at the site, there are plenty of dates after (the dates that do not are Halloween Parties). Also- people are reporting PtN is seasonal. Is there a chance it could be a limited time magic thing at MK just for the 45th, or it's just they won't have a night parade either?

I highly doubt it'll come to WDW at all in the near future. I mean they'll have to train drivers on the floats, rehearse dance moves etc. Then with all the parties it would barely run at all.

GiveMeTheMusic

Why does anyone think anything other than some merch will tie into the 45th? There's no celebration of marketing campaign coming for the 45th, let alone a light parade.

If TDO steals PTN, it won't be because of the 45th, it will be because they're creativity-free cheap wastes of space who want something new with no real investment.

TDO: get your own parade.

asianway

Why does anyone think anything other than some merch will tie into the 45th? There's no celebration of marketing campaign coming for the 45th, let alone a light parade.

If TDO steals PTN, it won't be because of the 45th, it will be because they're creativity-free cheap wastes of space who want something new with no real investment.

TDO: get your own parade.
I doubt theyll do as much as they did for the 40th, which was day of merch and a special processional.

jrhwdw

This may mean nothing but MSEP in still on the calendar after 9/10/16.

Just caught up on Streaming Disney’s latest MK Streams since I was out of town and semi offline last week. MSEP doesn’t look any worse than it did weeks ago. It’s usually missing a Wonderland bug or two, but nothing that would cause them to pull the plug quickly.

HOPEFULLY NOT BUDGET REASONS!!!!

Notes from Neverland

At the very least, I hope if the Electrical parade is removed that it's replaced with something. Worst scenario would be a removal with nothing lined up to fill the void. I know some aren't fond of Paint the Night, but I'd love to see it move.

djlaosc

If they are getting rid of it, would it not make sense to try to drag it out through the end of the year?

With MNSSHP and MVMCP taking place through half of the week between September and December, they get "3 more months of night time parade" for the amount of performances of 1 month/1.5 months, and then either just let it fade away with the Christmas decorations, or make a big deal about "last time to see MSEP" (limited edition T-Shirts, cupcakes, dessert parties) in the quiet months at the start of next year, followed by selling individual bulbs from the parade throughout 2017, and when the final one sells out, then they start to design the replacement, ready for the 50th in 2021...

Of course, to drag it out for those 3 months, they would have cast members to pay, so they'll probably just pull it randomly one night...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom