Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

huwar18

Lol. The site that shan't be named was adamantly reporting that PTN was coming, and is now reporting that MSEP is coming back...

I just saw a report from another site that said a "form" of PTN and MSEP are both coming. Guess who started that rumor.....Jim Hill lol. I guess you have to be right if you give both answers.

TTA94

I just saw a report from another site that said a "form" of PTN and MSEP are both coming. Guess who started that rumor.....Jim Hill lol. I guess you have to be right if you give both answers.

Assuming Jim has any clue of anything lol, he must be talking about WDWs 50th parade being a version of PTN. If that really is the plan I can't say I'm overly thrilled. PTN temporarily at MK fine, but long term I feel WDW needs something more elaborate like Dreamlights and Spectro. Not a 3rd version of a rave parade.

But MK does Not need MSEP back! Next parade rolling down the parade route of MK needs to be new! They made a big deal of MSEP going back to Disneyland, releasing "glowing away" tshirts. If they had planned on it coming back they wouldn't have done that. But If this rumor Is true of MSEP returning, It seems like a slap in the face to WDW. DL needed MSEP back just long enough to fix up their new modern nighttime parade and brand new F! Then they dump their "trash" on WDW. MSEP is DLs parade. They need to keep it or retire it once and for all!

Last edited:

huwar18

Assuming Jim has any clue of anything lol, he must be talking about WDWs 50th parade being a version of PTN. If that really is the plan I can't say I'm overly thrilled. PTN temporarily at MK fine, but long term I feel WDW needs something more elaborate like Dreamlights and Spectro. Not a 3rd version of a rave parade.

But MK does Not need MSEP back! Next parade rolling down the parade route of MK needs to be new! They made a big deal of MSEP going back to Disneyland, releasing "glowing away" tshirts. If they had planned on it coming back they wouldn't have done that. But If this rumor Is true of MSEP returning, It seems like a slap in the face to WDW. DL needed MSEP back just long enough to fix up their new modern nighttime parade and brand new F! Then they dump their "trash" on WDW. MSEP is DLs parade. They need to keep it or retire it once and for all!

I love PTN. I would love to see it at WDW. I would want it temporary, too. I just love the modern spin on the music. I feel like WDW needs that, too. I think most of Disneyland's entertainment is far superior. However, I take anything Jim Hill says with a grain of salt. Actually, what is less than a grain of salt lol.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I could see a PTN "style" parade with some of the MSEP floats being re-created in the new style (the steam train, maybe the Bald Eagle/Flag, Elliot), but at this point if they brought PTN or MSEP to WDW, it would just feel like they had no other choice...

TTA94

He already has. At least 37 times.

Do we also need Martinto come in and reconfirm that the sun will rise tomorrow?

Actually I'd enjoys never-ending thread on WDW sunrises and sunsets.

I know he had said "Nope". But making sure no last minute decisions have been made to bring it back to WDW.

TP2000

I have a radical thought - MK should get a brand new parade! No refurbed MSEP, no cut-down version of PTN... A BRAND NEW parade.

Are you kidding?!? WDW doesn't make enough money and doesn't have enough customers to justify running a new night parade in the Magic Kingdom. Let's just wait for five years until 2021, then maybe TDO can use the 50th Anniversary to justify spending money on extravagance like that.

Of course, I'm kidding. It's obvious TDO doesn't think a night parade for Magic Kingdom is a priority, or needed anytime soon. :rolleyes:

TP2000

I love PTN. I would love to see it at WDW. I would want it temporary, too. I just love the modern spin on the music. I feel like WDW needs that, too. I think most of Disneyland's entertainment is far superior.

Agreed. Because TDO appears to be in no hurry to approve and fund a new night parade for Magic Kingdom, a clone of Paint The Night with smaller floats designed to fit the Magic Kingdom parade route would be a big plus for WDW. It's a fabulous parade with very high crowd ratings. Anaheim got a bigger and longer version of Paint The Night compared to Hong Kong, but maybe there's a middle size that could work for WDW's parade route?

Not sure how folks can dislike Paint The Night, unless you are the type that also dislikes puppies and dancing and ice cream. :D

brb1006

Agreed. Because TDO appears to be in no hurry to approve and fund a new night parade for Magic Kingdom, a clone of Paint The Night with smaller floats designed to fit the Magic Kingdom parade route would be a big plus for WDW. It's a fabulous parade with very high crowd ratings. Anaheim got a bigger and longer version of Paint The Night compared to Hong Kong, but maybe there's a middle size that could work for WDW's parade route?

Not sure how folks can dislike Paint The Night, unless you are the type that also dislikes puppies and dancing and ice cream. :D
I disagree, even if PTN does come to WDW. It still can't top Spectromagic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom