Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
downloadfile.jpg
I'm really sad that I can't make it up there tonight for the final performances. I'm jealous of you folks that are going to be there lol. I know it's old and antiquated but it's our parade. Many memories go with it tonight. I'm glad though that I got to see very recently one last time.

JohnD

I'm kind of deciding how early I want to arrive this evening. I'd like to see both runs, but the 11 PM is the goal.

Normally 11pm has a smaller crowd. This time, I'm not so sure. Maybe guests with families and toddlers at 9pm will be replaced by fans who want to see the VERY last parade at 11pm.

brb1006

View attachment 167978 I'm really sad that I can't make it up there tonight for the final performances. I'm jealous of you folks that are going to be there lol. I know it's old and antiquated but it's our parade. Many memories go with it tonight. I'm glad though that I got to see very recently one last time.
Hopefully when it finally returns to Disneyland they will finally put back the original MSEP logo to the drum float and the Disneyland "D" on the train and flags.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
There were rumors it was shipped to HK, but I've never had any actual substantiation of that. PTN's presence indicates that those floats are long gone, if they were ever there at all.

The current state of the WDW version of MSEP is unknown.

I read an article recently that said it was rumored that they sank the WDW MSEP floats of the bay in Hong Kong to dispose of them. Not sure if that's true or not.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Here's the article. I actually was wrong, it said they may have sank it off the resort island. Like I said, wasn't sure it was true:

http://.com/blog/2016/10/complete-history-magic-kingdoms-main-street-electrical-parade/

"The Main Street Electrical Parade that originally ran at the Magic Kingdom was still in Paris at the time, but was marked for shipment to Hong Kong upon completion of the park. The parade never debuted in Hong Kong and was scrapped for some reason. Rumor has it that it was buried under the ocean floor just a short distance off of the island home of the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom