Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

doctornick

I'd be cool with a scenario that sees FoF at night in the near future as a temporary thing and then a new light parade built and debuted over the summer 2017. If they can time it to open around the time (or shortly after) Pandora opens, that might help a bit with inevitable crowds for a new MK parade as folks would have an alternative nighttime thing to do in another park (watch RoL and see Pandora all lit up).

brb1006

http://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20160910/32172/attractions-going-extinct-fall-walt-disney-world According to this article, Main Street Electrical Parade is being retired forever after an unspecified run at Disneyland Park. I can't believe Disney could permanently end a beloved parade that's like an institution in their theme parks! In fact, I'm still upset about what happened to Spectromagic. :cry:
News about the parade being retired forever after it's run at Disneyland has been known for months now.

MagicHappens1971

http://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20160910/32172/attractions-going-extinct-fall-walt-disney-world According to this article, Main Street Electrical Parade is being retired forever after an unspecified run at Disneyland Park. I can't believe Disney could permanently end a beloved parade that's like an institution in their theme parks! In fact, I'm still upset about what happened to Spectromagic. :cry:
We've know that for months. Thank god someone decided to put this awful parade out of its misery

Walter Elias Disney

I thought it was gone forever....
While there will be millions who will be overjoyed to see the parade return to Disneyland, there will be a vocal minority who would complain about its return. In 1996, Disneyland hyped the farewell season of the parade beyond anything I have ever seen from Team Anaheim. The park was packed every day and frequently had to stop selling tickets. Millions of dollars of merchandise was sold, including a $10 commemorative light bulb from the actual parade floats.
MSEP-Light-Bulb.jpg

Proceeds from the $10 light bulbs were donated to a variety of charities, so it was actually a pretty neat idea all around. Once the parade returned, it was difficult for the complainers to demand a refund on this souvenir after all the money went to deserving charities. As a gesture of goodwill, Disney could offer a special showing of the parade for anyone who still has one of those bulbs. LOL

brb1006

I have already heard about that, but how and why could they retire a beloved parade with such a huge following?!
The parade is almost 50 years old and the floats are already showing it's age. When MSEP is retired forever, Dreamlights at Tokyo will carry the torch since it's a updated version of the original parade.

brb1006

I thought it was gone forever....
While there will be millions who will be overjoyed to see the parade return to Disneyland, there will be a vocal minority who would complain about its return. In 1996, Disneyland hyped the farewell season of the parade beyond anything I have ever seen from Team Anaheim. The park was packed every day and frequently had to stop selling tickets. Millions of dollars of merchandise was sold, including a $10 commemorative light bulb from the actual parade floats.
View attachment 167457
Proceeds from the $10 light bulbs were donated to a variety of charities, so it was actually a pretty neat idea all around. Once the parade returned, it was difficult for the complainers to demand a refund on this souvenir after all the money went to deserving charities. As a gesture of goodwill, Disney could offer a special showing of the parade for anyone who still has one of those bulbs. LOL
Don't forget the billboards
uZJLNYW.jpg

KtX4O0O.jpg

6USmRQu.jpg

GiveMeTheMusic

I have already heard about that, but how and why could they retire a beloved parade with such a huge following?!

Because it's old and embarrassingly out of date and doesn't hold up in 2016. It's unfortunate that it will be shown at DLR at all before retiring, as the PTN bar is so much higher that MSEP will look sad and lumbering in comparison. Which it is. MSEP at this point is best left to memories of when it was impressive.

brb1006

Because it's old and embarrassingly out of date and doesn't hold up in 2016. It's unfortunate that it will be shown at DLR at all before retiring, as the PTN bar is so much higher that MSEP will look sad and lumbering in comparison. Which it is. MSEP at this point is best left to memories of when it was impressive.
I hope they bring back the Dumbo float when it returns to Disneyland. Especially since they have an unused music section that can be found on Youtube.

KentB3

BTW, does anyone know about the whereabouts of WDW's former MSEP floats that were used from 1977 to 1991. These were then shipped to Disneyland Paris and used for 12 years, until Fantillusion arrived from Tokyo Disneyland in 2003.

GiveMeTheMusic

BTW, does anyone know about the whereabouts of WDW's former MSEP floats that were used from 1977 to 1991. These were then shipped to Disneyland Paris and used for 12 years, until Fantillusion arrived from Tokyo Disneyland in 2003.

There were rumors it was shipped to HK, but I've never had any actual substantiation of that. PTN's presence indicates that those floats are long gone, if they were ever there at all.

Sundown

I absolutely love the Main Street Electrical Parade music, based on Baroque Hoedown. I will miss the music most, and the synthesize voice welcoming everyone to the MSEP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom