News Pacific Wharf to be Reimagined into San Fransokyo

J4546

It's an OK park. If someone handed me a one day one park pass I'd go to Disneyland EVERY time.
yeah me too and prob 99.9 of everyone else. CA doesnt compare to DL, no other park does. But CA is a good sister park to DL and when AC phase 2 ride is built and sanfransokyo overlay is done it will be better still

wowsmom

In the comics, there is a West Coast Avengers team. Their compound was located on Palos Verdes peninsula. Not exactly apples to apples but close......sort of.....maybe.
I find this hilarious as I used to live there. I'm trying to picture where the compound would have been.🤔

Consumer

You miss the “X Games Xperience at Disney’s California Adventure™,” don’t you?
DCA peaked in 2003.
1663099565567.png

NobodyElse

Remember how on your birthday they'd give you a whole tortilla, not just 1/8th of a tortilla?

You had to tell the nice lady working the tortilla machine that it was your birthday. She'd never ask for ID for proof, but you had to have the guts to lie to the nice lady about your birthday. Or actually waste your birthday by going to DCA.

Paul Pressler and the nice folks at Mission Tortilla Company had truly immersed us in Disney magic.

But now, it's all gone. And not even coming back in this new Baymax Mini Golf overlay. :(

Some rogue imagineer should go out on a limb and design a dark ride based solely on this video:

Maseca!
Maseca.JPG

Consumer

Speaking of early DCA, I was reading recently that, before "a bug's land," it was considered that Bountiful Valley Farms would be rethemed to Mickey's State Fair. There was no insight on what it would have included, so my mind started wandering what the land would look like. The obvious attractions for a State Fair land would be carnival rides, but given the presence of Paradise Pier, that wouldn't make a lot of sense. Thinking a bit more, I started to think up simple things, such as a copy of Goofy's Barnstormer, then a bit more complex, such as a hot air balloon ride in the style of Peter Pan's Flight where every balloon is a different head from the Fab Five. My favorite idea I came up with was a dark ride based on the Silly Symphony's Three Little Pigs in which riders would be pursued by the Big Bad Wolf before finally ending up in the house made of bricks.

I don't know, man. Whenever I look at DCA, all I see is wasted potential and it makes me sad.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Speaking of early DCA, I was reading recently that, before "a bug's land," it was considered that Bountiful Valley Farms would be rethemed to Mickey's State Fair. There was no insight on what it would have included, so my mind started wandering what the land would look like. The obvious attractions for a State Fair land would be carnival rides, but given the presence of Paradise Pier, that wouldn't make a lot of sense. Thinking a bit more, I started to think up simple things, such as a copy of Goofy's Barnstormer, then a bit more complex, such as a hot air balloon ride in the style of Peter Pan's Flight where every balloon is a different head from the Fab Five. My favorite idea I came up with was a dark ride based on the Silly Symphony's Three Little Pigs in which riders would be pursued by the Big Bad Wolf before finally ending up in the house made of bricks.

I don't know, man. Whenever I look at DCA, all I see is wasted potential and it makes me sad.
Short of it looking similar to what Bugs Land got except themed to a State Fair.... they could have revived the old Dumbo's Circus land idea that never happened.

celluloid

What the heck is California Adventure's over-reaching theme now anyway?

It really is the ultimate Iger/Chapek wish park. They just toss is in. It is just "Adventure" without much of California left.

IOA is Adventure and has a a basic but neat throughline with a nautical arch that connects the islands.

Californian Elitist

What the heck is California Adventure's over-reaching theme now anyway?

It really is the ultimate Iger/Chapek wish park. They just toss is in. It is just "Adventure" without much of California left.

IOA is Adventure and has a a basic but neat throughline with a nautical arch that connects the islands.
I’ve said this before, but the park has plenty of California inspiration. It’s just fantasy and no longer the direct California reference it once was back when it opened in 2001.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom