News Pacific Wharf to be Reimagined into San Fransokyo

CaptinEO

indy is gonna be getting some fixes and upgrades with the new movie or so i heard.
Even when Indy goes down for months of repairs the effects always break after 3 months or so.

Maybe they need to completely rebuild/reengineer some of these effects.

I can see the moving wall by the boulder turning into a screen/projection to make it look like you're driving backwards.

What's odd to me is the timing of the boulder effect never messed up once for me until maybe 2018. Before that I never had an issue and now it seems theres a 50% chance the finale is messed up in some way.

Phroobar

Even when Indy goes down for months of repairs the effects always break after 3 months or so.

Maybe they need to completely rebuild/reengineer some of these effects.

I can see the moving wall by the boulder turning into a screen/projection to make it look like you're driving backwards.

What's odd to me is the timing of the boulder effect never messed up once for me until maybe 2018. Before that I never had an issue and now it seems theres a 50% chance the finale is messed up in some way.
I agree. It will be a cave projection similar to the doors at the beginning. Too bad they will never fix the spike room in the queue because people will just break it instantly.

CaptinEO

I agree. It will be a cave projection similar to the doors at the beginning. Too bad they will never fix the spike room in the queue because people will just break it instantly.
It seemed to work fine pre covid. I think they took the pole out post covid and it has never come back.

Ismael Flores

Not only that, but: How does this land make money? How does theming this to Big Hero Six incite people to spend more money there? What are they buying?

The whole IP incursion thing has never made sense to me. Just because something from a movie is slapped onto some buildings...how does that mean it makes money? I've never seen anyone show the work on how that logic works out.
I would think that someone see that certain areas of the park are destined for complete refurbishments and maintenance. We have seen this part of the park go thru that process several times especially when a new contract with the eateries are done.

My guess is that schedule is coming up again and also sounds like one of those eateries might be leaving and being replaced again. They probably figure they can use the budget that is already allocated for that and then sell to management the idea of adding the overlay since the area will already be getting work done.

management gets excited and raises the budget a bit.

ParkPeeker

What’s crazy is Hollywood Land has yet to be re-invisioned, and yet it’s easily the WORST land in the park. They refuse to prioritize it.

At this point, if they axed it and joined the space with Avengers Campus, I wouldn’t care.
Get ready, Hollywood land is going to being reimagined into Monsters University. Monsters University, the college campus from the world of monsters inc. the imaginers are in the early stages of reimagining the land

1663007271240.png
1663007348817.png

the campus will be heavily influenced by California's very own UC Berkeley

Take a tour at MU, explore the many different paths for monsters at monstropolis!
1663007423939.png

Hyperion Theater will be transformed into the famous school of scaring building
1663007538148.png
1663008944788.png

Here guests will be able to attend a scare lecture, they may even get a guest appearance from the Dean of MU!
Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 11.18.05 AM.png
1663007674605.png

More announcement's will come soon about what else you can explore inside of MU!

Attachments

• 1663007555432.png
    1663007555432.png
    430.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

wowsmom

Remember how on your birthday they'd give you a whole tortilla, not just 1/8th of a tortilla?

You had to tell the nice lady working the tortilla machine that it was your birthday. She'd never ask for ID for proof, but you had to have the guts to lie to the nice lady about your birthday. Or actually waste your birthday by going to DCA.

Paul Pressler and the nice folks at Mission Tortilla Company had truly immersed us in Disney magic.

But now, it's all gone. And not even coming back in this new Baymax Mini Golf overlay. :(
We used to get a whole BAG of tortillas on our birthdays!

Phroobar

I would think that someone see that certain areas of the park are destined for complete refurbishments and maintenance. We have seen this part of the park go thru that process several times especially when a new contract with the eateries are done.

My guess is that schedule is coming up again and also sounds like one of those eateries might be leaving and being replaced again. They probably figure they can use the budget that is already allocated for that and then sell to management the idea of adding the overlay since the area will already be getting work done.

management gets excited and raises the budget a bit.
That sounds logical to me.

SteamboatJoe

With the exception of Avengers Campus, the park is still “Californian,” in a fantasy sense. There’s California inspiration, but none of it is truly realistic. That version of DCA has been dead for a long time.
In the comics, there is a West Coast Avengers team. Their compound was located on Palos Verdes peninsula. Not exactly apples to apples but close......sort of.....maybe.

J4546

I agree that CA still has a California theme, except for AC. But the fact that Avengers Land is a Campus lets it be put anywhere.

Consumer

DCA's California theming isn't gone, it's just weak. Losing Tower of Terror and Soarin' over California were both pretty major hits. I definitely wish the park leaned heavily into the California theme, though, because I do believe there's a ton of potential. I was just thinking today about all the lands and attractions the DCA theme opens up, and yet how few of them are actually present. It is a sad park that never has, and likely never will, reach its full potential.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom