P&P Parties back on the schedule

SoccerMickey

Yea, sorry! My Pirate and Princess Post was just a joke. If people are looking for rumors to revive you can always bring up the villains roller coaster in Fantasyland, the 5th-gate theme park, Star Tours 2.0, Fire Mountain, Mediterranean-themed hotel, monorail to DHS, the light speed train from OIA, Tower of Terror being a working hotel, Spain pavilion at Epcot, am I missing any?

Rob562

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

*OPINION ALERT*

Most normal day guests enjoy these kinds of parades. :king:

If the "new" parade operates like the "Remember the Magic" parade from the 25th anniversary, then I don't see it as a bad thing. That was actually done very well, with just about everywhere along the parade route being near a stopped float and each float was its own self-contained "show" during the show stop.
I haven't seen BPB yet, but from the video it makes it look like one complete show spread across the entire length. And you have to realize that you need to be in one of the performance areas in order to see the show stops. With Remember the Magic, no matter where you sat you were assured of seeing two of the show stops.

-Rob

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
BPB is good entertainment, but it`s origin is too obvious; Hollywood Blvd isn`t wide enough to appreciate it.

Hey! They also imported Light Magic`s main flaw to DHS! 2 pressies from the west for the price of one :D

devoy1701

IMO

BPB is horribly done...not very entertaining...the customes for the non character CMs are very corny and compliments the corny celebration music that goes right along with it...The music is the main thing that turns me off from this parade...it's not original at all...it's the same music that is heard at any party or event anywhere in ths country...a sad replacement for Stars and Motorcars...though this is a discussion for another part of this site...

SO P&P or no??? I was looking forward to having more dates to enjoy late nights at MK with my pass...atleast the old schedule for the parties that was up last month didn't include many (if any) Saturdays...

Gorjus

This should be interestng, considering Disneyland and MK(idunno?) laid off all their Captain Jack Sparrows.:confused:

I believe your info may be inaccurate. The Captain Jack Tutorials are still going on in MK. The Walt Disney World has never done "lay offs". They do what they are currently doing right now: full time people are reduced to 30-32 hrs/week; part timers get 1 day instead of 2; etc. Anyone who is friends with Jack Sparrow has other options available to them within the company and they will be scheduled elsewhere.

mpaul32001

BPB is horribly done...not very entertaining...the customes for the non character CMs are very corny and compliments the corny celebration music that goes right along with it...The music is the main thing that turns me off from this parade...it's not original at all...it's the same music that is heard at any party or event anywhere in ths country...a sad replacement for Stars and Motorcars...though this is a discussion for another part of this site...

Anything is better then Stars and Motorcars. Then again, this is mostly an opinion based community. :p

Let's get back on topic! :lol:

I like the idea of P&PP coming back. It makes sense to me if people are complaining. It must mean the parties were more popular then we thought.

fizzle75

My wife and I are heading back down to WDW in late February for my birthday and we were so looking forward to P&PP but we noticed some conflicting info on the WDW site so we just now gave them a call and were informed that THERE WILL BE NO PIRATE & PRINCESS PARTIES IN 2009. We are so bummed, we really enjoyed P&PP earlier this year and were really looking forward to it again. Having said that, I must admit that overall it is my least favorite of all of the event parties...the parade has glimmers of greatness but overall lacks the "magic" of Boo To You and Once Upon A Christmastime, however , the Music, Magic & Mayhem fireworks are absolutely amazing and exhilirating.

And since we seem to have two threads rolled into one here, I'm gonna give my two cents on Block Party Bash...it stinks. I was so excited about this parade and couldn't wait to see it but I was severely let down to say the least. BPB, plain and simple, lacks the "magic" of other Disney parades and I absolutely hate the decision to use non Disney music in the parade. I love the Pixar characters and I'm glad to see them in thier own parade...I just don't think BPB is executed very well.

JediMasterMatt

Although I had already come to grips with the lack of the parties this year... this thread makes me one sad panda at no Magic, Music, and Mayhem. :(

P1291228.jpg

eddy21

I believe your info may be inaccurate. The Captain Jack Tutorials are still going on in MK. The Walt Disney World has never done "lay offs". They do what they are currently doing right now: full time people are reduced to 30-32 hrs/week; part timers get 1 day instead of 2; etc. Anyone who is friends with Jack Sparrow has other options available to them within the company and they will be scheduled elsewhere.
No layoffs what about the ones after 9/11?

WDW1974

Two points here ...

P&P Parties will not be back at all in 2009. And they're likely gone for good.

And WDW has and will be laying off CMs as circumstances dictate.

Gorjus

No layoffs what about the ones after 9/11?

According to my managers, Disney has never layed anyone off. After Sept 11, they offered voluntary severance packages to people who were nearing retirement and anyone else that wanted them. They reduced hours to the minimum required by law. They put on a hiring freeze. By doing all three, they were able to stay afloat until the crisis passed.

The managers mentioned this because people saw in the news about a month ago that Disney was doing badly. They wanted to reassure us that we would not lose our jobs. We would however find our hours reduced drastically.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom