Overrated Disney

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I really think Fantasmic is overrated. It's almost as bad as the show that was in front of the EPCOT fountian. I think it was silly to watch water jumping to music.

Can anyone think of another show that is overrated?

I love the Country Bear Jamboree but I know some people hate it!

Merlin

Account Suspended
I agree that Fantasmic! at WDW is overrated. However, if you have not seen the one at DL, see it if you ever get a chance. It is considerably better. The one at WDW is a good example of Disney missing the point on which elements made the original Fantasmic! such a great show.

What else is overrated? Hmmm....

1. California Adventure doesn't have a great reputation, but I think even the reputation it DOES have makes it overrated (particularly with Disney fans).

2. Indiana Jones at DL is a great ride, but nowhere near as "awesome" as people make it out to seem. So I would say that is overrated.

3. Roger Rabbit's Toontown Spin (also at DL) is majorly overrated (in fact I would say it is probably THE most overrated single attraction at any Disney park...especially now that Rocket Rods has closed down).

4. It's a Small World is overrated. To this day, I occasionally hear people refer to that one as "my favorite ride" and I've never been able to figure out why.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by JungleJim
I really think Fantasmic is overrated. It's almost as bad as the show that was in front of the EPCOT fountian. I think it was silly to watch water jumping to music.

Can anyone think of another show that is overrated?

I love the Country Bear Jamboree but I know some people hate it!

How overrated can it be if people get there 2 hours before it begins? What you view as being overrrated is obviously a WDW favorite for lots of people. Probably boils down to personal taste because I find the parades as being overrated--and I know that lots of people line the streets--early--to see them.

Good question though.

And I hate Country Bear Jamboree.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Re: Re: Overrated Disney

Originally posted by sandjhooker

How overrated can it be if people get there 2 hours before it begins?

I think that is actually the whole point of using the term "overrated" in this thread. If a disappointing attraction also wasn't popular, then we wouldn't say it was "overrated". We would just say it was a bad attraction. The very fact that people DO show up 2 hours before it begins and then it turns out to be not that great of a show is what MAKES it overrated.

cymbaldiva

Oh no....

I can just feel scrapping about to begin...Ya'll please don't fuss!

New subject....I feel that Spectromagic is entirely over-rated !

Talsonic

Account Suspended
The Magic Kingdom.

Buzz Lightyear, Pooh, Jungle Cruise, Mickey's ToonTown Fair, Hall of Presidents and all of the parades.

jrashadb

Well, I'm not a big fan of daytime parades... it's just too hot to enjoy myself.
Also, I'm not a big fan of Body Wars. But, I love Fantasmic! I think it's a great show. Also, I enjoy the Hall of Presidents. But, I'm a political junkie, so that's kind of my thing. And, I like Spectromagic, mostly for the score. But, it's still not as cool as the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Baroque Hoedown, anyone?

mickeyfanatics

Personally, my family loves Fantasmic at WDW. The theater makes it feel like you are a part of the show. Recently, we were able to sit on the far right and watch a lot of the backstage preparations. It was neat. There are only two rides at WDW I see as being overrated and it is because one of them took an extra 2 years to get ready and the other had to be redone to be scarier, and it is still lame. I am talking about Test Track and Alien Encounter. Test Track is not worth a 15 minute wait (especially because you have to get to the park by 10 AM to get a fastpass) and Alien Encounter is a lame version of HISTA in the dark.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Oh no....

I can just feel scrapping about to begin...Ya'll please don't fuss!

New subject....I feel that Spectromagic is entirely over-rated !

Nah, it takes two people to argue and I've got bigger fish to fry than to do that with people here. Just expressing my opinion...

Erika

Re: Re: Re: Overrated Disney

Originally posted by Merlin

The very fact that people DO show up 2 hours before it begins and then it turns out to be not that great of a show is what MAKES it overrated.

Except most people I know off the board go through the 2 hour wait more than once, because they want to see it again! :sohappy:

Dawnie

At the risk of being flamed, I find the American Adventure overrated.

Hey, I'm not an American, most of it is lost on me. But it's a nice place to cool off on a hot day.:)

Jodigrl328

I am sorry, I can not agree with that. Fantasmic is amazing. At what other non-disney park can you see something like that? What is overrated about it? It isn't just dancing water, but everyone has their opinion.

And I can't agree that the one at DL is better, the viewing area is horrible (even with preferred viewing) and everything, other than the ship at the end is pretty much the same.

8 more days!!! WOOHOO!!! :sohappy:

Jon_in_NC

This topic is SOOOO subjective. One person's thrill and enjoyment is another person's "this is boring". I'm not much of a parade or show person, but other people love them.

I guess you could phrase the question:

"Which attraction has received the most hype which it doesn't deserve?"

For example, I had thought that Test Track would be more of a thrill ride based on the "hype" and information I had heard about. However, I was pretty disappointed that the only real thrill to it was the last few seconds when you do the speed test.

But again, things are subjective and it's Disney, so that makes everything more enjoyable.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Jon_in_NC

I guess you could phrase the question:

"Which attraction has received the most hype which it doesn't deserve?"

In other words.....OVERRATED. Geez, does no one read the dictionary anymore??

o·ver·rate Pronunciation Key (vr-rt)
tr.v. o·ver·rat·ed, o·ver·rat·ing, o·ver·rates
To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Re: Re: Re: Re: Overrated Disney

Originally posted by Erika

Except most people I know off the board go through the 2 hour wait more than once, because they want to see it again! :sohappy:

Once again, that's exactly my point. Those people who go see it again and again are (in MY opinion) overrating it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom