Out of state passholders?

GrimGrinninAnna

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, so I apologize if it has!
My boyfriend and I are planning our THIRD trip to WDW this year- a roadtrip from NY with two stops between (he's a foliage guy) for thanksgiving and I added up the total of our collective park tickets and realized it would have been a great idea to get annual passes. It's just about the priciest part of every trip!

The thing is, I don't know how good of an idea this is being out of state. I'm sure it's a fantastic value for Florida residents. Does anyone who lives out of state have an annual pass?

Phonedave

Interesting- seems to be all good news! I don't get too many long trips 'cause of work, but I manage to sneak in a couple of shorter trips and you don't get much savings on 3 day park hoppers.

I'm still debating between this or DVC. I won't do both, and since I'm a travel journalist, I sometimes get deals MUCH cheaper than any discounts DVC offers- but their adventures still look so good! Ah! What to do?
Thanks!

Ah, go ahead and do both - I did. From NJ too. AP for the last 3 years, and just bought into the DVC.

I do two "planned" trips a year and if I can find a valid work reason to be in the Orlando area, I tack a day or two on for a stop in WDW.

-dave

Oh, and your heading the wrong direction for foliage :)

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, so I apologize if it has!
My boyfriend and I are planning our THIRD trip to WDW this year- a roadtrip from NY with two stops between (he's a foliage guy) for thanksgiving and I added up the total of our collective park tickets and realized it would have been a great idea to get annual passes. It's just about the priciest part of every trip

Just a little off topic, but when you're oohing and aahing over the foliage along I79S thru Greene County, give us a great big smile and wave!:wave: (We were actually mentioned in Martha Stewart Living as one of the top places in the county for our fall foliage.)

Upvote 0

raven

We got anual passes last September and now have been 3 times so far. I'm from Michigan and people thought I was crazy but it was cheaper to get one than to pay for 20 days individually.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
MN resident, AP holder off and on since 2002. Being a DVC member helps with that, as we can plan trips, like someone else mentioned - early May one year, late April the next. Works out rather well that way. :)

Upvote 0

Uponastar

We got AP's for the first time last December and have used them 3 times. We're hoping to squeeze in one more trip before they expire. Certainly is cheaper than buying hoppers for every trip. I don't think we'll be able to renew. . .going 4 times a year is something we can't afford to do every year. . .but if you are planning more than one trip a year, it is definitely worth it!

Upvote 0

cabihler

was in new jersey and now in tennessee

we have had APs for more years than i can remember. seriously i do not recall when we first got them but i want to say maybe 20 years ago... in any case we first got them even before we started to stay on disney property (back then there was just the Poly & Contemp & wilderness campgrounds) a LONG time ago. we stayed in kissimmee because it was SO much cheaper... then when they opened the CBR we loved it and it was in our budget and we stayed there. we use to drive and/or fly (mostly drive) from NJ and then in 93 we moved to memphis.

i must admit that the room discounts are NOT as good as they use to be however if you go 2 or more times a year for a total of 12 or more days then the AP will cost less than purchasing multiple MYW tickets AND you most likely will catch 1 or more discount room rates in effect.

Upvote 0

TheDisneyMagic

We live in England, UK and have been Anual Passholders for many years now, we visit 3 - 4 times a year for between two and three weeks a trip and the time we spend in the parks and the discounts that we get on other things more than warrents the value of these passes.

Only sad thing is that we can't recieve the news letter through the door, we have to read it on the internet which is not quite the same.

Upvote 0

Laura

We live in England, UK and have been Anual Passholders for many years now, we visit 3 - 4 times a year for between two and three weeks a trip and the time we spend in the parks and the discounts that we get on other things more than warrents the value of these passes.

Only sad thing is that we can't recieve the news letter through the door, we have to read it on the internet which is not quite the same.

3-4 trips a year, each of them being 2-3 weeks long? All the way from England? :eek:

BTW, I haven't gotten a newsletter in years and I'm in North Carolina. :lol: Never read them anyway.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Chicago resident and annual pass holder as well. The room discounts, shopping discounts make it worthwhile for us. We always get at least 2 long trips out of our pass as a poster earlier said, July year 1 and June year 2 with a short Christmas trip in the mix.

Upvote 0

fizzle75

My wife and I are from the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina(talk about gorgeous fall foliage...)and we just became DVC members in the spring and we also purchased an AP for the first time during our trip this past April. We get back "home" at least twice each year, in the spring and fall. We were there for seven days in april, we will be there for 9 full days and one partial day starting at the end of next week:)sohappy: ) ,we will be going for three days in mid December AND we will be able to use it for four days of our trip next April...for a grand total of 23 days. For right now we are difinitely saving money by having an AP and being DVC members. We also use the DDP but we aren't pleased with the changes they are making to it next year so we are considering the DDE. In addition to the other money saving opportunites that have been mentioned you can also save on special event tickets(MVMCP,MNSSHP, etc.) on select days. I highly recommend both. I hope this helps.:wave:

Upvote 0
Another from Ohio.... We had debated getting AP in pass also. But we try to get 2 summer vacations out of 1 year’s APs. Take a July trip year #1 and a June trip year #2 before it expires. We average 25 to 30 days per AP. Works out real well like $18 per visit.

We're from Long Island, New York and we visit the same way as you. We go one year late in August and the next year earlier in August, thereby getting two summers of park pass out of one AP.
As DVC members, we also save $100 per pass. It works out very well for us.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Jersey here, and DVC too. The savings out weigh anything for us. To give you an idea we bought our first AP's April of 06, and since then we have gone 4 times on those AP's. We have renewed them and have since have arrainged trips for Nov. of this year March and Aug of next, only one is not DVC. When you look at how much just one week is for an adult, which is what we have to pay for now, yea, those kids have to grow up :animwink: , it pays for itself after one visit. Figure an average of 275 for one week for one person, 1000 for 4 people now multiply that times 3, " :eek: :eek: " and still not adding where ever you might be staying without being in DVC!! or food that you pay for OR the DDP. As always it's not for everybody, but take the time to crunch the numbers, you may be surprised. :animwink:
PS, the DVC AP price for the basic is just over 1200 for 4

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

They are definately worth it if you're going that much. We've been AP holders for a yr now, and it has been the best investment for us! We live in Western NY state (Near Buffalo), and usually drive to wdw. Up front, it seems like a lot of $$$ to spend, but it really pays off throughout the yr.
Have a great trip!:wave:

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

You must be due for a new AP. The price for 4 adult passes is $1482.48, and that's WITH the discount:eek:.
We renewed through DVC of course in April so we have till , from what I remembered 30 days after the expiration date. But the basic AP's just get us into the parks, no DQ, waterparks so seeming as we go to the parks sooooo much more it made sense to go that way. Also because we didn't have the money for the premium AP's was another reason too.:cry:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom