Our something fun today.........Disney means....

Kerby626

Disney to me is one to five days without getting shot at. Or since I'm back in the states, it means one to five days without getting shot at by a student who gets hot brass from the Marine next to him and there by accidentally aims his weapon at me the instructor......Basically I can relax there and don't gotta worry about work. And eat Dole Whips!!!!!!:D

DisneyGigi

Disney means to me..
It is a place that no matter how old I am or how old my children are we are the same age when we are there.
I know that one day they will visit, walking hand in hand down the same path that we walked without me when I am long gone with their children and they will remember all the wonderful moments we spent together there with no cares or worries at all.
It is Magic & Innocence all wrapped up in one and I love it with all my <3 !

Stellajack

Disney means, "anything your heart desires will come to you" and just when you think Disney can't top something, well, they just go and do just that !

natolij02

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts........I am amazed at how many people consider Disney "home"! I guess we can all agree that true disney fanatics feel the same way about our passion for Disney. It's a feeling, a sensation, a comfort that we all get when we talk about or visit Disney, and the best part about that is no matter how weird people think we are for being "freaks" about Disney......nobody can take away from us :) Thank you all for being a "freak" about Disney right along with me :lol:

Fashionista007

Great thread topic!

Disney means spiritual renewal to me. Whenever I go, I have something to look forward to for months in advance, have a blast while I'm there, and relish in the good memories for months after. It gives me hope that if you wish hard enough and believe stongly enough, Tinkerbell may appear to fly high above cinderella castle and light WDW's Fantasy in the sky...wait that's not what I meant to say. I got carried away LMAO. It gives me hope that my hard work will pay off.

Fashionista007

For me Disney means a place where I can leave all of my worries and problems behind and just enjoy my life and my family being together without the worries of paying bills and getting to work on time. Its a place where new memories are always made, and old memories are continuosly remembered. Its a place where there is a huge emotional tie to, and no matter how many times I walk through the train station and see Cinderella's Castle, get a hug from Mickey or ride Splash Mountain, its just as wonderful and exciting as the first time I ever went. Each time I am there I found myself trying to comprehend all of the imagination and creativity that it took to make Disney what it is, and how it all began with one man, and a mouse. Disney also reassures me that there is still good in this crazy world. And that if you can dream it, you can do it :) *sigh* I adore Disney. :rolleyes:

All I have to say is, thank you Walt :)

You made me all teary! I have a satin pillow with Mickey from his Steamboat Willie days and it says "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." That's my favorite WD line. They said it at the end of last year's ice show (and I cried of course). I wish he was still alive :(

earningmyfins

For me Disney means a place where I can leave all of my worries and problems behind and just enjoy my life and my family being together without the worries of paying bills and getting to work on time. Its a place where new memories are always made, and old memories are continuosly remembered. Its a place where there is a huge emotional tie to, and no matter how many times I walk through the train station and see Cinderella's Castle, get a hug from Mickey or ride Splash Mountain, its just as wonderful and exciting as the first time I ever went. Each time I am there I found myself trying to comprehend all of the imagination and creativity that it took to make Disney what it is, and how it all began with one man, and a mouse. Disney also reassures me that there is still good in this crazy world. And that if you can dream it, you can do it :) *sigh* I adore Disney. :rolleyes:

All I have to say is, thank you Walt :)

AGREED! I don't know how anyone could really sum up the feeling you get when you're at Disney but this was really everything i wanted to say.

bayoumoon

To me Disney means......loads of laughter, love and memories. It means I can act as young as I want and it's alright. It means hakuna matata!!!:lol:

toystoryma

To me, Disney means Vacation, a wonderful week spent with my family making memories that will last forever, its a happy place, a place where our streses of our normal day to day lives can be left behind and we can just focus on being a family together.

and most of all Disney means ADDICTIVE :ROFLOL:

ldsprincess

to me, disney means the dreams of my childhood and my future. it's a place where i can remember my family and the love we share and a place where the memory of my father who's passed away lives strong.

LoriMistress

Disney for me is the cartoons, television shows, and movies. It's the Wonderful World of Disney, and their theme parks. It's a place where you feel like it's a second home, but there's always something new and different each trip you make to the parks. It's seeing all of your old friends (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc.) and feeling like a kid again. Disney makes magic and help make dreams come true. I grew up on Disney, and it just feels so close to home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom