our seemingly quarterly sueing of Disney

KevinFSU

I would agree this is kind of silly, and I laughed when I first read it. Don't forget that whatever may be listed in the complaint is likely a bunch of legalese necessary for the presentation of a lawsuit. There could be a lot more to the story.......

which brings me to McDonald's. I would suggest all of you watch "Hot Coffee" on HBO, which documents that case and a few others. You "tort reformers" should be ashamed of yourself. They have very graphic photographs of the 3rd degree burns received by this lady. She had a number of skin graft surgeries.

And I may have to sue the Mouse in the near future. I have two clients, mother and child, that were injured a number of months ago. They were on the TTA when their vehicle came to a stop. The only problem was that the 4 or 5 behind them did not come to a stop and kept crashing into each other. So, the Mouse is not always error free, and his negligence does hurt people sometimes.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would agree this is kind of silly, and I laughed when I first read it. Don't forget that whatever may be listed in the complaint is likely a bunch of legalese necessary for the presentation of a lawsuit. There could be a lot more to the story.......

which brings me to McDonald's. I would suggest all of you watch "Hot Coffee" on HBO, which documents that case and a few others. You "tort reformers" should be ashamed of yourself. They have very graphic photographs of the 3rd degree burns received by this lady. She had a number of skin graft surgeries.

And I may have to sue the Mouse in the near future. I have two clients, mother and child, that were injured a number of months ago. They were on the TTA when their vehicle came to a stop. The only problem was that the 4 or 5 behind them did not come to a stop and kept crashing into each other. So, the Mouse is not always error free, and his negligence does hurt people sometimes.
I do not think anyone is suggesting that. What most of us have a problem with is the quintessential frivolous lawsuit and the ambulance chasers that are all too quick to take the case. Assuming that you are an attorney I would think that you would be the most upset about cases like this as it sullies the legitimate ones.

bgraham34

The problem with all these lawsuits is many a times they idiots win the case just because its cheaper to pay out than go to court.

WishIwasThere

you know, 'm having some financial troubles right now, could use some extra cash. i'm going to disney in august, think i'll crash into something. not sure yet what, but i know it's going to hurt, and i'll never work again.
anyone help me out with some ideas.........i don't want it to hurt TOO much, i'm not really a fan of pain, but it's got to LOOK really bad. i'm thinking maybe i'll run into one of the electric light parade floats, that oughta work....:rolleyes:

Just ask Pluto...getting hit by a float can really hurt.

KevinFSU

I do not think anyone is suggesting that. What most of us have a problem with is the quintessential frivolous lawsuit and the ambulance chasers that are all too quick to take the case. Assuming that you are an attorney I would think that you would be the most upset about cases like this as it sullies the legitimate ones.

On its face it seems silly, however, I won't say it is frivolous without knowing the facts. The McDonald's case is a classic example. Tort reformers trumpet it as a frivolous lawsuit, yet the actual facts tell a much different story. Its easy to jump on the frivolous lawsuit bandwagon, yet its a much different story when they get hurt.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
On its face it seems silly, however, I won't say it is frivolous without knowing the facts. The McDonald's case is a classic example. Tort reformers trumpet it as a frivolous lawsuit, yet the actual facts tell a much different story. Its easy to jump on the frivolous lawsuit bandwagon, yet its a much different story when they get hurt.
While it is quite true that having all the facts can radically influence the conclusion this would seem to be one of those cases that the facts at hand do point to a frivolous lawsuit. While it is not as cut and dry as the "The pressure change in the hydrolators ruptured my eardrums" or "I got hit with a stone from the castle" it is not far off.

AEfx

While it is quite true that having all the facts can radically influence the conclusion this would seem to be one of those cases that the facts at hand do point to a frivolous lawsuit. While it is not as cut and dry as the "The pressure change in the hydrolators ruptured my eardrums" or "I got hit with a stone from the castle" it is not far off.

I really DID get hit by that stone!

It fell right off the castle, and bop'd me right on the noggin. Hurt like an SOB, I can't work anymore, and every third word I say I turn my head and spit, "Hesunderthecastle".

I can even show you where it fell out of, come look! Er...well, since I hit my head, I can't remember. Nor do I know where the stone ended up after it fell. It was a big stone, though, fell right out of the castle wall. You can see, go look, every one of those bricks could fall at any time!

It needs to be fixed, FOR THE CHILDREN!

ArtieJim

When I rented one of those slow as anything SeaRaycers last October I second guessed myself after reading the waiver. Seemed like if I had crashed into a ferry Disney could have sued me.

Tom

Beta Return
"Dear Disney,

My husband is the most incompetant and inept person ever to set foot in Walt Disney World. It is your duty, as a renter of boats, to be able to detect such gross stupidity.

Just because he can drive a car on the wrong side of the road back home, doesn't mean he can drive a 5mph water sprite, while also avoiding those speeding and out of control Disney pontoon boats.

How absurd and irresponsible it was for you to rent us a boat, especially after forcing us to read that page long mumbo jumbo about waiving rights and assuming responsibility.

You'll be hearing from our dirtbag attorney soon.

Show me my money!

UK Lady"

Map7711

Watch the documentry that is playing on cable right now called "Hot Coffee". It might just change some minds about lawsuits.

prberk

I love riding the small boats around WDW, but especially at Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. It would be a true shame if this incident helps cause unnecessary restrictions on these boats.

Disney61

On Thursday, a Disney spokeswoman described the case as "without merit"

To that I say...You are absolutely correct mamm!

AEfx

I know the poster a few above was joking but you cant sue over a stone falling off the castle no bricks on the castle

Yes, but the joke (and reference MasterYoda made) is because someone actually tried. :) But I think it was Disneyland, not WDW, wasn't it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom