Our road trip, resort hopping, HOT, HOT, HOT trip report: August 9-21, 2010

I just got back a few days ago, and while laundry waits for me, I was excited to get started on this.

We are a family of six. There is me, Jenn, my hubby, Sam, 15 year old daughter, drama queen, Lexy (or as she has taken to calling herself by her middle name this trip Ariana :lol:), 9 year old daughter and mini drama queen, Lainey, 8 year old son, Roderick, and finally 6 year old daughter, Bella.

This was our first trip ever driving. My parents drove down when I was a kid, but we have never driven as adults. I was super excited for this new adventure. Sam was really not excited at all! He kept checking every day for flight prices to see if they had dropped.

I think because of this new experience there was more drama and crankiness before the trip. Sam and I were at each other a bit. Maybe that had something to do with the fact that I had this horrible mosquito bite. I had been itching it for days and on Saturday, the day we planned on leaving, it was very red and puffy looking. Really half of the back of my calf was involved. I asked Sam if he had ever seen a bug bite look like that and he said no. So we headed to the urgent care because I was worried that if it was getting infected that it would only get worse during our trip. So we spent two hours sitting around in a tiny boxlike room waiting to see a doctor for a prescription. It was crazy and not like we didn't have a million things to do. So we were snapping at each other a little, and I think at this point I didn't even want to go on the trip any more. I was ready to just scrap it. But we went home and starting throwing stuff in suitcases. Sam would have loved to been packed already but since I'm the procrastinator it wasn't done. Needless to say we were running late from our self-imposed leave time. Sam said if we were flying we would have missed the plane.

But at 10:30 at night we were finally ready to go. Here is the three little ones excited to get started. Lexy was cranky and too cool for this picture.

IMG_8517.jpg

I have a picture of Sam before we left, but he insisted on loading the garage with the door closed so not everyone would know we were leaving on vacation so he was hot and sweaty. :lol:

We have a 26 hour drive ahead of us without stops, be we left Saturday night because at this point we don't know if we'll want to stop and rest somewhere. We are due in on Monday the 9th and I wanted to be there right away in the morning. So here we go!

KnK

I'm the same way doing multi times on roller coasters, love 'em, but I got take a break.

We rode the front care of RnR and it took my breath away and it took me most of the day to recover.....Kevin loves the front row. I blame it on my high blood pressure. Every couple of hours works for me.

The food thing, Kevin can't get enough of the buffets. The man is the size of a tooth pick, I have no idea where he puts it all. I've got the look down and I don't have to send any kids away!:ROFLOL:

eagles

i guess its a man thing about the picture taking. my hubby will keep right on walking while taking pictures. you know they always come out blurry. i can't stand it, but i can't tell him anything.

i've got the look down pretty good also, except my look tells hubby i will get even later.

love the family yeti pic. you so need to frame and hang on your wall. who cares about that man in the background or slight blur. it is a great family pic.

hollybelle, that is too, too funny!!!!!!!!

disneygirl1

Loving the update Jenn!!! Can't wait to read more!!! Absolutely love the pic of the kids sitting on the steps on the Streets of America!

Tusker House is one of my favorite character breakfasts, Can't wait to eat there again in Dec.

diddy_mouse

Whew! I've finally caught up! :lol:

All of your pictures are wonderful, especially the ones of your kids. As others have said it is so nice to see everyone having what looks like a great time. Can't wait to see Bay Lake Tower...I love the Contemporary area (especially at night.)

I remember when I didn't ride roller coasters I was always stuck waiting while all my friends rode. Sadly I never thought to use that time to take some pictures. :lol:

Look forward to reading more. :D

SaskDisneyGirl

What a great report Jenn! You have a beautiful family. I am with you on the breakfast buffets, my husband could sit there all day, drives me crazy:hammer:. Can't wait to read the rest of your report!

DecWDW

I would never criticize Sam's picture taking!:lol:

I can't believe you resisted the Vinylmations!!

I am with you on Everest. I love it but I do not feel well afterwards. Just over the last few years I haven't handled roller coasters that well. I don't want to be wimp, so I still do them all at least once. :)

Oh, I'm the same way now! I hate it! The only one I don't have to worry about is Mission:Space, because most of my group don't like it either!
btw, I will not be resisting the Vinylmations! :)

WishIWasAtWDW

here i went away on my disney trip and i fully expected this trip report to be done by the time i got back! :lol: oh well. i am kind of glad it wasn't finished so now i won't get too far behind on reading! like everyone else, i LOVE the picture of the family posing as the yeti. so cute! can't wait to see what bay lake tower looks like and what you thought of the resort!

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
I'm the same way doing multi times on roller coasters, love 'em, but I got take a break.

We rode the front care of RnR and it took my breath away and it took me most of the day to recover.....Kevin loves the front row. I blame it on my high blood pressure. Every couple of hours works for me.

The food thing, Kevin can't get enough of the buffets. The man is the size of a tooth pick, I have no idea where he puts it all. I've got the look down and I don't have to send any kids away!:ROFLOL:

Yes, RnR is another one that I can't ride too many times in one day!

Well, Sam is certainly not the size of a toothpick, you can definitely see where all that food goes!

i guess its a man thing about the picture taking. my hubby will keep right on walking while taking pictures. you know they always come out blurry. i can't stand it, but i can't tell him anything.

i've got the look down pretty good also, except my look tells hubby i will get even later.

love the family yeti pic. you so need to frame and hang on your wall. who cares about that man in the background or slight blur. it is a great family pic.

hollybelle, that is too, too funny!!!!!!!!

It must be a man thing! Sam and Rick would probably get along good!

I just wanted to say I'm really enjoying your trip report - you have such a fun family! Looking forward to the rest.

Thanks! I'll try to get this thing finished!

I love your report! Everyone looks like they're having a blast...more please :D

We definitely had a blast! The kids keep saying that they wish they were back now!

Loving the update Jenn!!! Can't wait to read more!!! Absolutely love the pic of the kids sitting on the steps on the Streets of America!

Tusker House is one of my favorite character breakfasts, Can't wait to eat there again in Dec.

I love the Streets of America too!

Have some great food for me in December!

Whew! I've finally caught up! :lol:

All of your pictures are wonderful, especially the ones of your kids. As others have said it is so nice to see everyone having what looks like a great time. Can't wait to see Bay Lake Tower...I love the Contemporary area (especially at night.)

I remember when I didn't ride roller coasters I was always stuck waiting while all my friends rode. Sadly I never thought to use that time to take some pictures. :lol:

Look forward to reading more. :D

I'll try to get my BLT pics up today!

Waiting while others are on rides is the best time to take pictures, because then there is never anyone yelling at you to hurry up already!

What a great report Jenn! You have a beautiful family. I am with you on the breakfast buffets, my husband could sit there all day, drives me crazy:hammer:. Can't wait to read the rest of your report!

Thank you!

here i went away on my disney trip and i fully expected this trip report to be done by the time i got back! :lol: oh well. i am kind of glad it wasn't finished so now i won't get too far behind on reading! like everyone else, i LOVE the picture of the family posing as the yeti. so cute! can't wait to see what bay lake tower looks like and what you thought of the resort!

Sorry! I'm super slow! I will get to this though, and will have this day finished and a new one started by today!

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
I'm finally back!!! Sorry that this is taking forever! I'm having a hard time getting back into the routine of school, dance, and hockey!

We're back on Day four, August 12, 2010. We just finished with our EE for the day. This is where the days goes horribly wrong! well, for me at least...Well, I guess for my hair that is.

Someone had the bright idea that we should ride Kali because it was so hot. I don't know who's idea it was, but pretty much everyone was in agreement. I have waited for them and taken pictures in the past, so I don't know what possessed me to think that I should ride too. But here we are walking to get on.

IMG_9458.jpg

IMG_9459.jpg

They don't know what is in store for them.

IMG_9460.jpg

IMG_9462.jpg

IMG_9461.jpg

We got soaked, and I do mean soaked! My hair was drenched. But drenched on the top and side, not all over. So with the hairspray and the heat it was a sticky mess! I know Tammy can feel me on this one (although you probably wouldn't have even ridden)! I tried to go in the bathroom and use Lexy's brush, but it was so snarly and partially wet in places and partially dry. I ended up just pulling half of it back, which looked horrible!

Of course, this is the day when we had to have a bunch of photopass pictures taken. I told Sam that my hair looked bad, but he didn't care, his hair always looks the same, besides he has that hat. Oh, well, I sucked it up, but I was cranky.

We went on the jungle trek just to try to dry off a little bit.

IMG_9470.jpg

Louella and Coree, maybe I should warn you about the next picture...It contains a really big snake!

IMG_9471.jpg

IMG_9472.jpg

IMG_9477.jpg

IMG_9479.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
AK is Lexy and Roddy's favorite park. They love all the nature stuff. I was pretty much hating AK at this time, but it is a beautiful park!

IMG_9484.jpg

IMG_9485.jpg

IMG_9486.jpg

IMG_9488.jpg

They loved looking for birds. They had their guides and were really into it.

IMG_9489.jpg

I like this guy. I don't know why.

IMG_9490.jpg

Oh, and in my previous post, I meant that we were on day five, August 13, 2010. Not to be confusing! :lol:

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
We were still wet, but we were getting hungry, so we decided to just eat at Restaurantosaurus, or whatever it's called now. It was pretty busy and it was freezing! I was still cranky, so I didn't take any pictures.

After lunch we rode triceratops spin because there was really no line for it.

IMG_9496.jpg

IMG_9497.jpg

And everyone but me and Bella rode primeval whirl. Bella was so upset. She is such a rider now. And she wanted to ride so bad. She sat outside and moped around. There was another girl who wasn't tall enough with her mom too. She tried to talk to Bella, but Bella wasn't having any of that. It was pretty funny.

We waited to meet Pluto and Goofy. I have funny photopass pictures of Lexy here, but my computer is broken and doesn't recognize my dvd burner, so I can't get them on here (unless I go through a lot of work that I don't feel like going through right now).

IMG_9506.jpg

We were still wet at that time, but Roddy wanted to ride Dinosaur. Everyone but Lexy rode. Lexy sat out by herself because she said she didn't like it.

Roddy got pretty silly with the dinosaurs around before we got in. I guess he must take after me. He kept saying, now take me with this one.

IMG_9508.jpg

IMG_9509.jpg

IMG_9510.jpg

IMG_9511.jpg

Roddy loves the queue in here. He was very interested in the spiel.

IMG_9513.jpg

I think this is pretty funny.

IMG_9514.jpg

He kept finding dinosaurs even out of the ride.

IMG_9515.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Well, guess where they wanted to go after Dinosaur. yep, the dig place, whatever it's called. I guess it's fun to have a place to play around and slide and climb.

IMG_9517.jpg

Right after this picture it started to rain. And by rain, I mean pour! It was really coming down. We went to the digging area that is pretty much covered and waited it out for awhile.

This was the day that we didn't bring the ponchos, so we were stuck for a bit. After it stopped, we headed to the tree of life.

IMG_9519.jpg

IMG_9520.jpg

getting buggy with it.

IMG_9521.jpg

this is another one that Lexy hates. She says that she always sits up so that she doesn't get stung.

IMG_9522.jpg

IMG_9524.jpg

The kids really enjoyed getting a card and hunting down stamps. They got into it, and these CMs were really good with them.

IMG_9525.jpg

IMG_9527.jpg

IMG_9528.jpg

IMG_9529.jpg

Soaringirl

I'm totally feeling you with the hair after wet rides. My husband always seems to take a lot of pictures of me shortly after Splash Mountain when it's half dry half wet and all rippley (is that a word?) My daughter calls it my Mona Lisa hair-do. (thanks,kid:eek:)
Loving the report and your family!!!

eagles

love the pic of you all on the dinosaur. that dino that your 3 younger ones sitting on has a hidden mickey on it. you need to look for it next time..
where are the wet/dry hair pics?

btw, snake pics don't bother me. i am actually fasinated by snakes. i just don't like seeing copperheads slithering in my ponies paddock. as a matter of fact, as long as i see them first all is good! :ROFLOL: now coree on the other hand :shrug:

hurry with another addition. :D

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
I'm totally feeling you with the hair after wet rides. My husband always seems to take a lot of pictures of me shortly after Splash Mountain when it's half dry half wet and all rippley (is that a word?) My daughter calls it my Mona Lisa hair-do. (thanks,kid:eek:)
Loving the report and your family!!!

Yes, that's exactly how it is! I'm glad someone understand!
love the pic of you all on the dinosaur. that dino that your 3 younger ones sitting on has a hidden mickey on it. you need to look for it next time..
where are the wet/dry hair pics?

btw, snake pics don't bother me. i am actually fasinated by snakes. i just don't like seeing copperheads slithering in my ponies paddock. as a matter of fact, as long as i see them first all is good! :ROFLOL: now coree on the other hand :shrug:

hurry with another addition. :D

Ooh, a hidden mickey! I'll have to check it out!

Don't worry, you'll get to see horrible pictures of how my hair looked that day. :lol:

Sorry, I thought you didn't like snakes either.

Okay, I promise, I'll get on this!

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
After the show, we headed over to see flamingos.

IMG_9531.jpg

IMG_9532.jpg

IMG_9537.jpg

IMG_9538.jpg

IMG_9545.jpg

Ok, brace yourselves! Here I am with my hair that got ruined by Kali.

IMG_9547.jpg

More awesome CMs that the kids had fun with.

IMG_9548.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom