Our road trip, resort hopping, HOT, HOT, HOT trip report: August 9-21, 2010

I just got back a few days ago, and while laundry waits for me, I was excited to get started on this.

We are a family of six. There is me, Jenn, my hubby, Sam, 15 year old daughter, drama queen, Lexy (or as she has taken to calling herself by her middle name this trip Ariana :lol:), 9 year old daughter and mini drama queen, Lainey, 8 year old son, Roderick, and finally 6 year old daughter, Bella.

This was our first trip ever driving. My parents drove down when I was a kid, but we have never driven as adults. I was super excited for this new adventure. Sam was really not excited at all! He kept checking every day for flight prices to see if they had dropped.

I think because of this new experience there was more drama and crankiness before the trip. Sam and I were at each other a bit. Maybe that had something to do with the fact that I had this horrible mosquito bite. I had been itching it for days and on Saturday, the day we planned on leaving, it was very red and puffy looking. Really half of the back of my calf was involved. I asked Sam if he had ever seen a bug bite look like that and he said no. So we headed to the urgent care because I was worried that if it was getting infected that it would only get worse during our trip. So we spent two hours sitting around in a tiny boxlike room waiting to see a doctor for a prescription. It was crazy and not like we didn't have a million things to do. So we were snapping at each other a little, and I think at this point I didn't even want to go on the trip any more. I was ready to just scrap it. But we went home and starting throwing stuff in suitcases. Sam would have loved to been packed already but since I'm the procrastinator it wasn't done. Needless to say we were running late from our self-imposed leave time. Sam said if we were flying we would have missed the plane.

But at 10:30 at night we were finally ready to go. Here is the three little ones excited to get started. Lexy was cranky and too cool for this picture.

IMG_8517.jpg

I have a picture of Sam before we left, but he insisted on loading the garage with the door closed so not everyone would know we were leaving on vacation so he was hot and sweaty. :lol:

We have a 26 hour drive ahead of us without stops, be we left Saturday night because at this point we don't know if we'll want to stop and rest somewhere. We are due in on Monday the 9th and I wanted to be there right away in the morning. So here we go!

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
We went to camp mickey minnie in hopes of seeing thumper and miss bunny. They were both there until we got up to them. Then, they had to take a break. Only thumper came back out. Bummer. The kids didn't seem to mind.

IMG_9550.jpg

IMG_9551.jpg

IMG_9552.jpg

Roddy wanted to do these fun ones.

IMG_9554.jpg

IMG_9553.jpg

IMG_9555.jpg

IMG_9556.jpg

IMG_9557.jpg

We hadn't gotten a text yet sayiing that our room was ready, but we decided to start heading back anyway, we figured it had to be soon. So we made our way to the exit.

IMG_9558.jpg

Bye, Animal Kingdom. We take the bus back to Bay Lake Tower.

Still no text. It's probably 3 pm now, so we just look around while we wait.

We didn't know it, but our room would be right up here.

IMG_9559.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
The kids loved the beach.

IMG_9560.jpg

IMG_9561.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

IMG_9562.jpg

Still waiting for a text. Still wandering around.

IMG_9566.jpg

It's 4 pm now. The room technically should be ready, so we bring our waiting to the lobby. We had the person working there check on it, but still not done.

IMG_9567.jpg

IMG_9568.jpg

IMG_9569.jpg

IMG_9570.jpg

It's getting dark and Sam's worried that it may rain. The room is still not ready, so we go out and bring our things in from the car. At least that way it's inside and we won't get wet trying to move it in the building.

Normally, I would try to go with the flow, but I'm feeling stressed because we only have two nights here and I feel like we're wasting time. At 20 after, they told me that they are still waiting on something in the room. We were on the 10th floor. If we wanted something lower, we could get in, but she figured we wanted the view. I said, well we've waited this long, we might as well keep waiting.

And 10 minutes later, we finally got a text! Our room was ready! Woohoo! I only took about a million pictures while Sam and the kids were out in the hallway with our suitcases!

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Here are our room pictures.

Even though we didnt' use it much, it was nice having that third bathroom.

IMG_9571.jpg

IMG_9572.jpg

IMG_9573.jpg

IMG_9574.jpg

IMG_9575.jpg

IMG_9576.jpg

IMG_9577.jpg

IMG_9578.jpg

IMG_9579.jpg

Notice that the shower had a head from the ceiling. I didn't care for it, but Sam liked it.

IMG_9580.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Anyone sick of BLT pics yet?

IMG_9592.jpg

IMG_9593.jpg

IMG_9596.jpg

IMG_9597.jpg

IMG_9598.jpg

IMG_9599.jpg

Lexy is so funny. She always complains that we have too many disney things around our house. She doesn't care for our pictures. So it was strange that she said that she liked the pictures in our room. I pointed out that it is actual disney characters. I mean, how embarrassing! But she said, that it was cool artwork. So here is some cool artwork.

IMG_9600.jpg

IMG_9602.jpg

IMG_9603.jpg

IMG_9604.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
It was pouring by this time. Good thing we had brought the suitcases in. We decided to just eat counter service at the Contemporary. Too bad the walkway was closed the whole time we were there. I would have liked to see that view. And we wouldn't have gotten so wet on the way to eat.

IMG_9605.jpg

IMG_9606.jpg

The backs of the chairs were so cute.

IMG_9613.jpg

It's not raining anymore.

IMG_9615.jpg

IMG_9617.jpg

Look at the cool elevator doors.

IMG_9618.jpg

And the carpet.

IMG_9619.jpg

Okay, I'm beat now. I'll come back tomorrow and add more.

Coree

BLT looks awesome, Jenn.

By the way, next time add a bit more space between the warning and the photo. Snakes, why did it have to be snakes? :lol:

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
BLT looks awesome, Jenn.

By the way, next time add a bit more space between the warning and the photo. Snakes, why did it have to be snakes? :lol:

:lol: Maybe you could get a job at the Great Movie Ride with that line. :lookaroun:D

WishIWasAtWDW

LOVE the pictures of blt!! and i agree with lexy, that artwork is very cool! when my parents and i stayed at the gf in 2009, they gave us a smaller version of that mickey painting as a gift and i now have it framed in my bathroom at my house. i just love the modern design of the rooms! someday i need to stay there.

plaz10

BLT looks awesome, Jenn.

AHH AGREED! I just saw the picture before the warning. FREAKED me out. I'm scared of snakes but terrified of big ones. I live in western PA and I always say my biggest fear is anacondas and my boyfriend always replies "oh because there are so many around here?" he has a point but I can't help it. I jumped at that pic and it gave me chills. I cautiously read down the rest of the TR in case there was another snake pic.

But besides that...great TR! Your kids are adorable! Looks like you guys have a great time.

Raven66

I'm loving your trip report. And all the pictures are just great!! Thumper is so cute, I sure hope he is permanant. Your family looks like they are having so much fun. Can't wait to read the rest!!:)

Fashionista007

I really like the chairs at Chef Mickeys and The Contempo Cafe too. Is there somewhere you can buy them?

I also got the miniature version of the Mickey painting in BLT when I went in 2009. I need to get that framed, it will look great in my new bathroom!

Your TR is getting me all excited...3 days to go for me! :sohappy: Just one last day of grueling work to get through.

Disneyfalcon

What are you saying I've had wet hair problems at WDW?:eek::lol:

Of course I can totally relate! Why oh why can't we just have dry and go hair?

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
LOVE the pictures of blt!! and i agree with lexy, that artwork is very cool! when my parents and i stayed at the gf in 2009, they gave us a smaller version of that mickey painting as a gift and i now have it framed in my bathroom at my house. i just love the modern design of the rooms! someday i need to stay there.

I can't believe you got that picture for free! I want that picture for free! :lol:

no time jenn for being tired! more, more. love it all!

Maybe tomorrow, Louella.

I don't think it would go over with guests very well if their guide closed their eyes through the Indiana Jones room.

They might think it was cute!

Loving the update Jenn!!! Oh man... I sure hope Thumper is out in December.

Totally loving BLT!!! I so want to stay there!!!

I hope he's out in December too! I'm betting so!

AHH AGREED! I just saw the picture before the warning. FREAKED me out. I'm scared of snakes but terrified of big ones. I live in western PA and I always say my biggest fear is anacondas and my boyfriend always replies "oh because there are so many around here?" he has a point but I can't help it. I jumped at that pic and it gave me chills. I cautiously read down the rest of the TR in case there was another snake pic.

But besides that...great TR! Your kids are adorable! Looks like you guys have a great time.

Thanks! We did have an awesome time!

I'm loving your trip report. And all the pictures are just great!! Thumper is so cute, I sure hope he is permanant. Your family looks like they are having so much fun. Can't wait to read the rest!!:)

Thanks! Hopefully I'll get more up tomorrow!

I really like the chairs at Chef Mickeys and The Contempo Cafe too. Is there somewhere you can buy them?

I also got the miniature version of the Mickey painting in BLT when I went in 2009. I need to get that framed, it will look great in my new bathroom!

Your TR is getting me all excited...3 days to go for me! :sohappy: Just one last day of grueling work to get through.

I haven't seen anywhere that you can buy those chairs, but I bet they would be kind of easy for a woodworker to make.

I can't believe you got a mickey painting too! They should have given all guest one! :lol:

Have fun on your trip! Hopefully I'll see a trip report!

What are you saying I've had wet hair problems at WDW?:eek::lol:

Of course I can totally relate! Why oh why can't we just have dry and go hair?

Umm, I just can't believe you're reading this while you're in Hawaii! Now that's dedication!

and I was so thinking of you that whole day with all my hair trauma!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom