Trip Report Our "It's 'Disney' real" June 2016 trip

We're back!!:(:( We had a fantastic time with some not so fantastic moments thrown in, but what trip doesn't have those!

For those of you that haven't read my pre-trip report, here is a quick synopsis:
Who: Me (Amy), my husband Brian, and our kids Logan (13), Lily (11), and Owen (8)
What: 10 day trip with free dining
When: June 2-11, 2016
Where: Caribbean Beach resort

Unfortunately, our flight was set to leave from Columbus at 5:30am. We live in Dayton, which is a little over an hour away from Columbus, so my goal was to leave our house by 3am on Thursday, June 2. We made it!!

Everyone was very excited!

We made it to the airport before the security check even opened!:eek: By the time we got our bags checked in to Southwest, we only had to wait a few minutes to get through security.
We were in early boarding group A, so we were on the plane in no time! Still excited!

We got to see the sun coming up once we were in the air.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Finally made it!!
I originally made our FP+ for all 5 of us, fully expecting Lily and Owen to sit it out, and Brian choosing to sit with them. I was pleasantly surprised when Owen decided before the trip that he wanted to try it. Lily adamantly refused to even consider it!! Well, once we got there, she decided maybe she would try it. I think there was some bribery that happened behind my back!! Owen loved it! Lily didn't hate it, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to ride it again.

This was our view from the end of the FP+ line. It was a little long!!

Views once we actually entered the queue:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
You got to the World at 8 AM and didn't make it a park day? No like for this post.
Yeah, I know! But the kids really wanted to swim at the resort, and I knew that would probably be the only time we would have a chance! And I had doubts that we would make it through a park day after getting up at 1:30am! Priorities change when you have to take the kids into consideration!!
Excellent pictures of AK -- I really like how you captured so many details in your photos. (Oh, I'm also an EE fan, too! I love that ride!! :joyfull: )
Thanks! I was worried that I would bore everyone with my extensive collection of pictures!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
It was getting to be lunch time, but we just weren't hungry enough yet to eat a whole meal, so we did the responsible thing, we ate Mickey ice cream bars!!:D

Then we headed to Kali River Rapids for our next FP+.

But it was down.:( So we decided to go get in line for the 1:00 Nemo show.

We sat to the far left when looking at the stage, and were able to get a short bench all to ourselves. We all enjoyed the show!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Next up was our Dinosaur FP+.

Then we headed out of the park and back to CBR for some drinks and a rest in the AC.

Not sure why I didn't get any other pics on the way out of the park! Big fail on my part!!
I did, however, get nominated to go get our mugs filled once we got back to CBR!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Since it kinda, sorta pertains to AK, I thought I would mention that we saw the Lion King Broadway series production today. I loved everything about it! We saw it years ago when it first started touring, and I can't believe it has been around that long. The guy who was playing Pumbaa, was celebrating his 5000th show today! That's a lot of shows!! If you have the opportunity, please go see it!!

IMG_2437.JPG

IMG_2446.JPG

worldfanatic

decided to skip the Pangani Trail for the time being and head over for the first Festival of the Lion King show

I didn't get many pics, as I was trying to be more mindful of being in the moment and enjoying things instead of viewing it all through the camera

Bravo to you.
I'm always amazed how people watch great shows/sporting events through a camera because they're so obsessed with "documenting" it.
Taking lots of pics is great, but sometimes it's great to give the camera a rest and just enjoy the experience.
Love your trip report!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Loving your report so far! You're making me regret not going to AK. :( We're definitely going next trip! So jealous you got to see The Lion King show.. that's way up there on my bucket list!
Thanks! I don't think I could ever go to WDW for more than one day and not go to AK. I love it so much!! Definitely see Lion King when you can!
Bravo to you.
I'm always amazed how people watch great shows/sporting events through a camera because they're so obsessed with "documenting" it.
Taking lots of pics is great, but sometimes it's great to give the camera a rest and just enjoy the experience.
Love your trip report!
Thank you! Not that it is obvious from the number of pics that will ultimately be in this report, but I did put the camera away more this trip! A lot of my pics were taken "on the run" because the kids were not wanting to stop all of the time, which is perfectly understandable!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom