Our Birthday Celebration Trip Report!! April/May 2011

So here I am, sitting here writing my very first trip report after my visit to the world. Let's start of with the cast of characters that embarked on this vacation.
First there's me.

DSC06282-1.jpg

I'm Darolyn, 28 years old. I've been to WDW 22 times now. My parents took me on my first trip when I was months old and we returned evey year until I was in 7th grade. After that, my parents separated and it was harder for us to go every year. Since 7th grade, I have been 10 times. In 2001, my Mom purchased a timeshare at Vistana. She only purchased it for every other year, thinking that as we grew older we wouldn't want to go to Disney as much.... boy was she wrong! lol We still enjoy Disney as much as we ever have! So much in fact, she is thinking of upgrading to every year. This does mean we will never be able to take our weeklong vacations and stay on property, but not worrying about saving money for the hotel is a plus for us. So we'll take the timeshare :)
Speaking of Mom, here she is.

DSC06411.jpg

Her name is Terryn and she turned "29 again" the day we arrived in Florida. This was her 23rd trip to the World. Her first time going to WDW was when she took me when I was a baby. She loves it just as much as we do. She not really into the "thrill rides" but I will give her credit as this year she did go on some rides she normally wouldn't (mostly at Universal) so kudos to Mama :)
Then there's my sister:

DSC06444-1-1.jpg

Her name is Ashley and she is 25. This was her 19th trip to the world. She has a few less visits than me due to the fact she is A - younger and B - She didn't join us on our Thanksgiving trips in 2001 and 2010.
We had a week full of great food, fun meet and greets, beautiful weather, low crowds, short wait times, thrills, smiles and laughter. So sit back, relax, pop open a beverage or two and enjoy reliving our trip to Walt Disney World :)

***Friday April 29, 2011***
After work on Friday, we were heading down to my aunts house in Rhode Island to fly out of Providence Saturday morning. Why Providence you ask? Well, we have 4 different airports to choose from up here.. We have Portland Jetport, which is a mile from our house but didnt have anything less than $300 roundtrip. UGH!... We also have family right outside Manchester, NH so Manchester is an option as well (but Southwest was even more expensive than anything out of Portland) We also have Boston, but that would require a bus ride and a hotel stay the night before since we wanted a very early AM flight and they were still about the same price as Portland.... But Providence had a GREAT rate of $167 roundtrip with good connection times. Plus we have family in Rhode Island who we dont get to see all that often so we'd get to spend some time with them and we were willing to spend 3 hours down and 3 hours back to save $133 each! :) So at 7pm we hopped into the car for a 3 hour car ride to Rhode Island.. Oh, with a stop at Sonic along the way :) The closest Sonic to us happens to be right outside Boston on the way to my aunts, a little over an hour from our house. So of course, we had to make a stop! We got to my aunts around 10:30pm and immediately went to bed as we had to be at the airport by 5:15 the next morning. So my sister and I climbed into the futon and got as much sleep as one can possibly get the night before leaving for WDW :)

***Saturday April 30 2011***Mama's Birthday***

snookie5605

i get that way too! mainly because the first time i saw wishes was the same day my husband proposed so now every time i see it i become a mess!

NewfieFan

I'm all caught up now! Great TR! And you're going to be leaving for the World again soon - lucky!

I only just discovered the joy of RNRC and I love the front seat (but I've never sat in the very back). The front almost takes your breath away for a second. It's awesome!!!

The kids have been asking to go to Rainforest Cafe, so maybe I should give it a try on a future trip...

Thanks for sharing!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
it is so funny reading your trip report because it sounds like me. i am 27 and have been to disney world maybe 22 times my entire life because we own at vistana too, the one in lake buena vista! we have the every other week too! but ever since 2007 when i got married and honeymooned in disney, we have been staying on disney property not vistana. you do save money at vistana but you cant beat actually waking up on disney property every day! im only on the second day but going back to read more! love it!

Vistana is a GREAT property. While I do love waking up on Disney property, we can't exchange for a Disney resort because Disney is within 30 miles of our home resort. Kinda stinks but we make do. Besides, Vistana is so close to the Disney entrance, it's not too bad :)

I'm all caught up now! Great TR! And you're going to be leaving for the World again soon - lucky!

I only just discovered the joy of RNRC and I love the front seat (but I've never sat in the very back). The front almost takes your breath away for a second. It's awesome!!!

The kids have been asking to go to Rainforest Cafe, so maybe I should give it a try on a future trip...

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading! :)

Rainforest is something we always try and do at least once a trip. The atmosphere is great, especially for the little ones. The food is nothing to write home about but I usually get the pasta and it's delicious. My mother gets the cobb salad and it's HUGE. Could easily feed 2 people.

Great report! Thanks for sharing! And you must be leaving again soon!:)

Yes, leaving tomorrow evening! I can't wait!! Thanks for reading! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom