OUR BEST ITINERARY....Suggestions to improve?

FUNDAD

This will be our first time to DW, although we've been several times to DL. We're so pumped! Our kids are 12, 10, and 8: the boys are into rides, while the oldest, our daughter: performances.... We visit at the end of August. WE SO enjoy the States.....We've heard many good things about DW, and have learned a lot from this forum...thanks!

My wife and I just put the finishing touches on our 7 day resort stay, and would really appreciate any feedback you may have. We want to take full advantage of the 7 days the best we can, but do not want to be hurried. For Days 1 to 3 we room at the Polynesian Resort, and Days 4 to 7 stay at the Animal Kingdom Resort. We've added on a 4 might Wonder cruise. What do you think?:

Day 1 - Magic Kingdom
MK all day, pool breaks at our Poly resort,
Wishes Fireworks boat cruise in evening.

Day 2 - Typhoon Lagoon
Water Park all day, downtown Disney at night.
Plannet Hollywood, DisneyQuest, shopping.

Day 3 - Best/Missed Parts of Magic Kingdom
Redo MK, pool breaks again.
Kona for lunch, Spirit of Aloha Show in evening.

Day 4 - Animal Kingdom
AK all day, pool breaks at our AK resort.
Rainforest Cafe.
Cirque de Soleil (rest before!).

Day 5 - Blizzard Beach
Sleep in. Water Park day (not Saturday).
Simba's Clubhouse, so Jiko for 2!! ;)
Nite vision goggles, firepit stories at our AK resort.

Day 6 - MGM
AK in morning (since staying there), MGM the rest...
Sci-Fi Theatre, 50's Prime Time.
Fantasia show.

Day 7 - EPCOT
AK in morning, Epcot the rest....
Coral Reef, China Nine Dragons (my birthday)
Illuminations.

Day 8,9,10,11 - Disney Cruise
Palo Dining for 2.
Couples Well Being Massage.
Parasail, Banana boat.....Castaway Cay.
Room at Comfort Suites accross from Atlantis...Nassau.

Thanks again for all your help!
Daryl & Connie.

daverube

WOW!! What a long vacation!!!!

I'm sure there will be lots of posts to discuss the ins and outs of Disney...but here are my thoughts....

First off, you give AK too much credit.....we only spend 1/2 day at most there....we're going (wife-to-be and I) again this fall....we haven't experienced Everest yet....but we don't figure that will add a lot to the day....if you've not been to Disney before, plan on 1 whole day at AK and MGM/DS and 2 days at MK and Epcot....that gives you an extra WHOLE DAY to figure out what you want to do...

That being said, I see that you have water parks planned.....we've only been to Blizzard Beach....but that was fun!!! However, you can do 3/4 of a day there and still head back to the MK or Epcot (depending on your park pass...then again, the difference between a 5 day and 7 day pass isn't that much more)....

Avoid the Rainforest Cafe at all costs....service is not good and it is a CHAIN restaurant....

If you like Chinese food (and it is your birthday) then it is all up to you......for my birthday, I'd much rather German or French cuisine.....but it is all in your hands......

In EPCOT, I think that Chefs de France is the best restaurant....we will go to Le Cellier this fall for the first time....I've heard good stuff about that place also...

Also....I wouldn't go to MK for two consecutive park outings....its a magical place.....give the magic a little time to work.....

And don't forget the Dole Whip Float!!!!

Good Luck and Enjoy your vacation....

dave

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

FUNDAD said:
Day 1 - Magic Kingdom
MK all day, pool breaks at our Poly resort,
Wishes Fireworks boat cruise in evening.

Day 2 - Typhoon Lagoon
Water Park all day, downtown Disney at night.
Plannet Hollywood, DisneyQuest, shopping.

Day 3 - Best/Missed Parts of Magic Kingdom
Redo MK, pool breaks again.
Kona for lunch, Spirit of Aloha Show in evening.
Days 1 - 3 So far so good !!

FUNDAD said:
Day 4 - Animal Kingdom
AK all day, pool breaks at our AK resort.
Rainforest Cafe.
Cirque de Soleil (rest before!).
Day 4 - You will not require a full day at AK - I'd do everything at a leisurely pace and then leave after the parade.

FUNDAD said:
Day 5 - Blizzard Beach
Sleep in. Water Park day (not Saturday).
Simba's Clubhouse, so Jiko for 2!! ;)
Nite vision goggles, firepit stories at our AK resort.

Day 6 - MGM
AK in morning (since staying there), MGM the rest...
Sci-Fi Theatre, 50's Prime Time.
Fantasia show.
Day 6 - Lose this trip to AK and make a full day of MGM

FUNDAD said:
Day 7 - EPCOT
AK in morning, Epcot the rest....
Coral Reef, China Nine Dragons (my birthday)
Illuminations.
Day 7 - Forget AK and concentrate a full day on EPCOT - you'll need it

Upvote 0

barnum42

I'm an AK fan, and spend days there, then go to another park in the evening. Different strokes I guess. Make your own mind up when you are there and do what YOU want.

Personally I'd ditch Rainforest Cafe in favour of Boma.

Upvote 0

hrmom26

it all looks great! i just went in march and although my son 8, daughter 11 and i loved animal kingdom allot you really only need one full day there maybe a quick stop some morning to visit your favorite things again but thats all. as for MGM you need a full day there as well so much to see. epcot on my last trip i waffled back and forth on if i should go or not but i am so glad i did my kids loved it! i think other than MK it was there fav park. there fireworks are outstanding also make a stop at crush at the living sea's my son went nuts it was so funny and a fav. to was test track. i am planing another trip a small one for next year and i can only see 3 parks maybe, the kids voted epcot first MK second MGM third and a miss on AK they did love AK it just wasn't as fun i think as MK and epcot. hope this helps have fun!!

Upvote 0

Shellybelle

I have to agree with Dave. Avoid Rainforest. We have been there twice willing to give it a second chance, but it was horrible. And after reading a lot of the reviews here on the forum, it seems people mostly tend to agree to stay away from it. I also think you may want to rethink spending so much time at AK, but after you get there, you should be able to switch your itinerary around some to the things you find you like best.

Upvote 0

PixyDust

I don't think you have enough time devoted to Epcot. You'll need a couple of days there to see it all.
August is a hot month, so you do need to plan in water time - that's a good idea.
Have you checked the Unofficial Guide for the best and worst parks to visit each day? I always plan my stay around those days - they are normally pretty accurate.
I would also agree that the Rainforest is blech at best. We've tried it a few times and never left happy. I'd go for Boma or take the transportation over to Epcot for a nice dinner there.
Have fun!

Upvote 0

pinkrose

We like Rainforest Cafe. We've never had a bad experience there. I guess everyone is different though.
I think you need more time at Epcot. It's a big park and there's a lot to do. You'll probably want leave some "play it by ear" time since it's your first visit to WDW. Don't get yourself into to tight of a schedule. Remember, you can always park hop if you have ressies at a resturant in another park.
Chefs de France and LeCellier in Epcot are both wonderful. LeCellier books up pretty quickly, so if you decide you want to dine there, make ressies ASAP.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
Days 1 - 3 So far so good !!

Day 4 - You will not require a full day at AK - I'd do everything at a leisurely pace and then leave after the parade.

Day 6 - Lose this trip to AK and make a full day of MGM

Day 7 - Forget AK and concentrate a full day on EPCOT - you'll need it
My thoughts exactly!!!! There are so many performance groups and interesting things to see as well as rides in EPCOT that even a full day may not be enough!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

IWorkWTeeth

Since this is your first trip to WDW, your plans will change when you get there. First things first....TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EXTRA MAGIC HOURS!!
We are also going the last week of August and plan all our days around the EMH. They are a great way of getting some of the busy rides done early (or late) when the line aren't so bad.
AK doesn't require 2 full days, as posted previously. Spend more time in the World Showcase, for example, sampling the foods, the rides and the shops.

WDW is an amazing place that is individualized to each family and person. You can use this trip to get your "feet wet" and discover your own likes and dislikes.

Have a magical trip!!!

Upvote 0

barnum42

pinkrose said:
We like Rainforest Cafe. We've never had a bad experience there. I guess everyone is different though.
Not trying to detract from the restaurant, it's just that it's a chain place that can be visited elsewhere, plus I found the menu rather boring, especially when compared to the delights at Boma. But that's just me :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

barnum42 said:
Not trying to detract from the restaurant, it's just that it's a chain place that can be visited elsewhere, plus I found the menu rather boring, especially when compared to the delights at Boma. But that's just me :wave:
I prefer Jiko!!! Belle

Upvote 0

pinkrose

barnum42 said:
Yes, it's a chain, but we don't have one in Alabama. I have been to one in Nashville, along with the ones at WDW. My kids really enjoy it and to them, and it's not something they can get at home.
Boma used to be one of our favorites, but the past several times we've eaten there, the food wasn't as good as it used to be. We have stopped going there.

Upvote 0

barnum42

wannabeBelle said:
I prefer Jiko!!! Belle
They have already booked a slot in their itinerary for Jiko

I prefer the price of Boma ;) But that's what you have to expect from a cheap-skate off-site kind of person like me :D

Upvote 0

barnum42

pinkrose said:
Boma used to be one of our favorites, but the past several times we've eaten there, the food wasn't as good as it used to be. We have stopped going there.
That's not good. A moan to Disney may be in order if they have been skimping at Boma. I never had a bite of anything there I did not enjoy.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

barnum42 said:
That's not good. A moan to Disney may be in order if they have been skimping at Boma. I never had a bite of anything there I did not enjoy.
Since it's been a whle since we've been there, we've decided to give it another try. We'll see how it goes.

Upvote 0

tink81

In my humble opinion, you have too many sit-down meals planned, you may find that one a day plus a quick service meal will do just fine. I would rather be walking around the parks than sitting waiting for food, but that's just me. It looks like you'll have a wonderful time, enjoy! :wave:

Upvote 0

cdunbar

I tend to agree with Tink, we always save our sit down meals for dinner and enjoy this alot more now I will say this if we wake up and are having a slow moving day we may subsitute our sit down dinner for a sit down breakfast!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Bump one of the mornings at AK for a second day at EPCOT.

Drop Rainforest as there are too many non Disney locations for it to be a Disney must, that and the food just really leaves alot to be desired.

Honestly, drop one of the water park days, unless you are just reallllllly into water parks. You can go down a waterslide pretty much anywhere. You might consider splitting one day between the two water parks.

You might want to consider changing your DTD day to the same day as Cirque. Catch a couple of hours at The Adventurers Club before your Cirque show. You may just decide to skip Cirque cause Kungaloosh rocks!

Most important....be flexible and have fun.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom