Osborne Lights Officially Returning for 2015 for 20th and Final Season

Biff215

You obviously don't get it addition through subtraction doesn't work in this case.........The whole point is there is no reason we can't be promised replacement or relocation of the lights and also have Star Wars. There should be no choosing one or the other this is Disney where dreams supposedly come true. Your mentality is flawed. If you loved the lights dearly and will miss them why wouldn't you be taking my stance as we want our lights. Yes having just Star Wars is a consolation prize compared to having Star Wars and lights. If you believe this is the only option you are sadly mistaken. It's the easy way out in my opinion. So ToT puts a smile on your face as it does mine. If they were tearing that down would you stand for it? I sure the hell wouldn't. You either care about the lights or you don't really care about the lights. You seem to fall into the smaller latter group. Or are you part of the third group that wants to believe every decision made by the almighty Disney is for the best? Sorry but this one isn't.
I will miss the lights like you will, they have been a family tradition for muliple generations (see my daughter's note to Disney posted in this thread). It's just not as simple as moving them elsewhere. We have debated the different park, Springs, and resort options on here, and they would either be a thematic clash or crowd nightmare in all cases. Yes WDW is a big place, but they can't just plop this down anywhere they want to make us happy.

The current setup is ideal, and we would likely be disappointed in anything different or temporary. Even though this area of the park may not be in the current phase of redevelopment, the park will be construction central. Not only will the area be used for access and staging, but as others have pointed out, the park will not have the attraction nor parking capacity to support those types of crowds. This final year was proof of that unfortunately, and construction hasn't even started yet.

I certainly appreciate your passion and I share your displeasure with this unfortunate "subtraction". I just can't see another way the lights can continue while Disney addresses the much larger issue of a broken year round park. We can only hope they bring something back in the future or find another way to add some Christmas offerings, as this will be missed.

Jonathan_Tremaine

The lights bought me joy and happiness. Thank you Osborne Lights and the Osborne family.
10624615_965757580117914_3379623416793809357_n.jpg

NearTheEars

You obviously don't get it addition through subtraction doesn't work in this case.........The whole point is there is no reason we can't be promised replacement or relocation of the lights and also have Star Wars. There should be no choosing one or the other this is Disney where dreams supposedly come true. Your mentality is flawed. If you loved the lights dearly and will miss them why wouldn't you be taking my stance as we want our lights. Yes having just Star Wars is a consolation prize compared to having Star Wars and lights. If you believe this is the only option you are sadly mistaken. It's the easy way out in my opinion. So ToT puts a smile on your face as it does mine. If they were tearing that down would you stand for it? I sure the hell wouldn't. You either care about the lights or you don't really care about the lights. You seem to fall into the smaller latter group. Or are you part of the third group that wants to believe every decision made by the almighty Disney is for the best? Sorry but this one isn't.

Again, appreciate your passion.
I guess I feel like I don't have the authority to dictate their attraction lineup. Obviously I'd love to have a say, who wouldn't.? But I don't feel it's my place to be calling them up angrily yelling "where's MY LIGHTS going!?"

Hopefully some day you will be able to enjoy the redesigned park, with 2 new lands and several more new attractions when it is completed.

And hopefully it will include a new seasonal holiday attraction to enjoy a couple of months out of the year.

DisneyGuy81

\. We can only hope they bring something back in the future or find another way to add some Christmas offerings, as this will be missed.

This is the point, if they can promise Toy story Land and Star Wars Land why can't they promise the lights returning? Disney is certainly capable of this. Some of you keep saying this will be missed but.... Obviously it would be hard to present the lights in 2016 or 17 but you obviously didn't read my previous mock quote from Disney I wrote. That is what we should be looking for.

Next Big Thing

This is the point, if they can promise Toy story Land and Star Wars Land why can't they promise the lights returning? Disney is certainly capable of this. Some of you keep saying this will be missed but.... Obviously it would be hard to present the lights in 2016 or 17 but you obviously didn't read my previous mock quote from Disney I wrote. That is what we should be looking for.
Because things aren't built and they aren't sure of how it will work operationally?

You need to actually be walking through these spaces and know guest flow patterns before you can make a decision on something that will draw such large crowds. You should take solace in the fact that they played the Mickey Mouse "Now it's time to say goodbye" song that, in the middle, says "see ya real soon". Maybe that's a sort of subliminal messaging that it's not gone forever, just for now.

DisneyGuy81

Lighten up, Francis.
Your passion is awesome. Execution, not so much.
Say what you will about my "execution" but at least I'm executing at all. You seem to still be in the thread which means 1. You care about the Osborne lights being over or 2. You are here for no apparent reason. If it is for the former which I would hope so please tell me what better way to go about this.

DisneyGuy81

Because things aren't built and they aren't sure of how it will work operationally?

You need to actually be walking through these spaces and know guest flow patterns before you can make a decision on something that will draw such large crowds. You should take solace in the fact that they played the Mickey Mouse "Now it's time to say goodbye" song that, in the middle, says "see ya real soon". Maybe that's a sort of subliminal messaging that it's not gone forever, just for now.
Disney can design something any way they want to accommodate any amount of people. And I wish that was a hidden message but until they tell me so I have no reason to believe it.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Say what you will about my "execution" but at least I'm executing at all. You seem to still be in the thread which means 1. You care about the Osborne lights being over or 2. You are here for no apparent reason. If it is for the former which I would hope so please tell me what better way to go about this.

Maybe...instead of complaining here...submit an official complaint directly to Disney.

Next Big Thing

Disney can design something any way they want to accommodate any amount of people. And I wish that was a hidden message but until they tell me so I have no reason to believe it.
Look, I don't want to argue. You seem passionate about this and we're still less than 2 days out from the final moments of the closing.

I think you need to just take some time to digest the fact that they are gone and realize that Disney isn't going to announce something new for the holidays right away. Just give it some time is all I ask.

If you really want to try to make your voice heard, send an e-mail to all top Disney execs in Parks & Resorts and let them know how you feel. Sure it may get tossed aside, but if enough people e-mail, plus attendance likely to fall off at DHS during holidays this year, maybe you CAN help change what they do in the future regarding the lights and such.

DisneyGuy81

Again, appreciate your passion.
I guess I feel like I don't have the authority to dictate their attraction lineup. Obviously I'd love to have a say, who wouldn't.? But I don't feel it's my place to be calling them up angrily yelling "where's MY LIGHTS going!?"

Hopefully some day you will be able to enjoy the redesigned park, with 2 new lands and several more new attractions when it is completed.

And hopefully it will include a new seasonal holiday attraction to enjoy a couple of months out of the year.

You pay hundreds of dollars to enter a park, some of us year after year, spend ungodly amounts of money over the years inside their parks and you don't feel your input should be taken into account? That's why they do surveys, to take your input into account. Are you even angry about the lights being gone? Answer without the notion of "well at least I get Star Wars" Pretend Star Wars doesn't exist. If you are upset there is no reason Disney should not know how you I or anyone else feels about it. We are paying customers. Who ever said call up yelling? Am I calling them up yelling? I have called and made a complaint, I didn't yell. I sent letters through various channels. I have posted in social media. If everyone that is upset about this did the same you better believe they would have to take notice. Like I said you better believe someone at Disney reviews these boards and many others. A ho hum attitude is not going to help the lights return in some way. Anyone that wants something amazing to replace them need to let that be known. A simple consensus from the masses of "we are not happy, we want lights" goes a long way. And please take all the reasons why out of this, again Disney has the resources to do just about anything they want within reason. Announcing plans to build something that will suit a future lighting display is not at all unreasonable.

DisneyGuy81

You seem to be lashing out at everyone who dares to say they don't see things the same as you, that's the execution issue. That's not adding anything to the conversation and makes conversing with you uncomfortable. Telling someone that they are here for no reason is writing off their opinion as invalid.

You've been told many time over now that folk respect your opinion, and asked to calm down. I have yet to see you respond in kind.
Are you discussing the topic with us, or are you demanding we see this your way?

Actually I did not lash out at all until I was told to "Calm down" and "Slow my roll" Before that I was merely stating my feelings toward this and discussing. I may have retaliated but in now way did I lash out ant anyone that did not first talk negatively to me. Please review my posts.

DisneyGuy81

Look, I don't want to argue. You seem passionate about this and we're still less than 2 days out from the final moments of the closing.

I think you need to just take some time to digest the fact that they are gone and realize that Disney isn't going to announce something new for the holidays right away. Just give it some time is all I ask.

If you really want to try to make your voice heard, send an e-mail to all top Disney execs in Parks & Resorts and let them know how you feel. Sure it may get tossed aside, but if enough people e-mail, plus attendance likely to fall off at DHS during holidays this year, maybe you CAN help change what they do in the future regarding the lights and such.
This is a good response, this is what I'm looking for. I have already done this and everyone needs to do this. I do realize that they may not announce something right away but this is what needs to be done to make sure they do. Did you plan on emailing or calling?

montyz81

They'll be back in about 5 or 6 years or something else better will take their place once redevelopment of the park is complete. I suspect we will see Buzz piloting the Millennium Falcon across the streets in dancing lights.

mm52200

I think a more calm version of what they're trying to say is that if WDW really wanted to, they could keep the lights and relocate them. I can realistically see a couple year hiatus of sorts and secretly hope and pray they come back in some form or another once things have calmed a little at DHS in terms of construction.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I think a more calm version of what they're trying to say is that if WDW really wanted to, they could keep the lights and relocate them. I can realistically see a couple year hiatus of sorts and secretly hope and pray they come back in some form or another once things have calmed a little at DHS in terms of construction.

Osborne Family "Life Day" Festival of dancing lights. (Featuring Mala and Lumpy)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom