Osborne Lights Officially Returning for 2015 for 20th and Final Season

JohnD

DisneyGuy is new. Welcome aboard! Glad to have you. Hope you can find other ways to contribute. But he's beating a dead horse. These are not the droids you're looking for. Move along.

JohnD

This discussion feels familiar

dead-horse.gif

That's hilarious!

DisneyGuy81

Hate to burst your bubble but I was being sarcastic. While appreciate your enthusiasm for what you feel sometimes things change for the better...or worse. That still has to be seen. And while I love seeing the lights I'm ok if it goes away for something bigger and better that I can enjoy all year long.
Being sarcastic on a message board to someone you don't know doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure they will take you the right way. You're right I obviously am beating a dead horse. The responses here don't make sense and are very contrary. One post is "Sniff Sniff" then it keeps going back to "oh we lost this but we get new stuff" when technically we can have it all. This is a 90 billion dollar company that can technically build a full Christmas park if they wanted to. For an attraction that was beloved like this to go away with no announcement of a replacement is a travesty and a disservice to its guests. I myself have already explored other avenues and have been talking about bringing a similar experience while slightly smaller to Orlando outside of Disney. If anyone is interested in this venture a bit of money will have to be raised to supplement money from sponsors and the few possible venues we are looking at. No one here knows me but I don't sit there if something rubs me the wrong way and I'm not just talking about Disney. I am a successful touring musician that owns my own business. I get things done and don't take no for an answer. That is my mentality and I will leave it at that. Thanks for anyone that listened and feel free to contact me if you would like to get involved. Goodbye.

JohnD

Being sarcastic on a message board to someone you don't know doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure they will take you the right way. You're right I obviously am beating a dead horse. The responses here don't make sense and are very contrary. One post is "Sniff Sniff" then it keeps going back to "oh we lost this but we get new stuff" when technically we can have it all. This is a 90 billion dollar company that can technically build a full Christmas park if they wanted to. For an attraction that was beloved like this to go away with no announcement of a replacement is a travesty and a disservice to its guests. I myself have already explored other avenues and have been talking about bringing a similar experience while slightly smaller to Orlando outside of Disney. If anyone is interested in this venture a bit of money will have to be raised to supplement money from sponsors and the few possible venues we are looking at. No one here knows me but I don't sit there if something rubs me the wrong way and I'm not just talking about Disney. I am a successful touring musician that owns my own business. I get things done and don't take no for an answer. That is my mentality and I will leave it at that. Thanks for anyone that listened and feel free to contact me if you would like to get involved. Goodbye.

Of course, we're sad to see them go. I had a ":( Sniff". It's not like we're saying to the Lights, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out." But there is also an understanding that the SOA can no longer remain as it is with forthcoming construction.

Yankee Mouse

I think a more calm version of what they're trying to say is that if WDW really wanted to, they could keep the lights and relocate them. I can realistically see a couple year hiatus of sorts and secretly hope and pray they come back in some form or another once things have calmed a little at DHS in terms of construction.

I remember hearing the same thing about spectromagic and the lights of winter. Much like those attractions have gone the way of the dodo I am saddened that the Osborne lights are probably joining them.

Prince-1

Normally I just make a snarky comment, get a few likes and I'm good. I don't take all of this serious as I have a busy life and career and don't really worry to much about what a company does with its toys. If I don't like something then I vacation elsewhere...if not then Disney it is. I hope you and your future Christmas Light theme park is successful.

dizda

I saw it for the first and last time on Wednesday. Pictures and video don't do it justice. I'm excited for the new things coming but I wish this could stay as well.
Holiday lights (in a different form, probably) might return if DHS builds Monstropolis or an Incredibles area in the future. Either would give the park a cityscape to replace SoA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom