Orlpassholder's review of Wishes ***** 5 stars

wedwayjr.

Re: Wishes

From Thurs. through Mon. the park area mortors, which I think are the most impressive part of wishes wasn't shown. I believe that this is because of the fire incident on Peter Pan that I'd read in a previous post.

Last night was the first time that I'd seen the park surrounding shots since early tests around the begining of the month. They're might have been additional shells added to the finale as well. In any case, if you saw the show on Thurs.,Sat., or Mon. you didn't see the full show.

CTXRover

Re: Re: Wishes

Originally posted by wedwayjr.
From Thurs. through Mon. the park area mortors, which I think are the most impressive part of wishes wasn't shown. I believe that this is because of the fire incident on Peter Pan that I'd read in a previous post.

Last night was the first time that I'd seen the park surrounding shots since early tests around the begining of the month. They're might have been additional shells added to the finale as well. In any case, if you saw the show on Thurs.,Sat., or Mon. you didn't see the full show.

I haven't seen Wishes yet, but I've seen some clips of it. I was wondering what the "park area mortors" were? I may just be losing it, but I don't know what this even means :lol: Are they the low-level fireworks shot off from the buildings around the castle? The clip I saw made it seem that those fireworks were pretty important to the show and would be really noticed if missing. Or are they just those "streamer" like rockets that shoot around the castle, making it like the Walt Disney Studio logo that is shown before Disney movies. Or is it something completely different? Just wondering. Thanks :)

pan11435

Actually, Im pretty sure he made a mistake. I think the park area mortars he talks about are the MK's Perimeters used for the Christmas and Halloween parties. These are not used during Wishes. This makes sense because he said they were used last night. Well last night was also a MNSSHP night.

wedwayjr.

You're correct pan, the park hours show that MK closed @ 6pm and I witnessed the fireworks @ 9:30. Sorry about the confusion, I misspelled mortars. I read anoother post which stated they were shooting off excess shells last night @ 11:45, but I didn't see any going that late.

It's possible that the perimeters were part of a special event, though I don't know what MNSSHP stands for. I'll report if I see these additional lauch locations being used again, either during the 'wishes' show or otherwise.

disneytati

Re: Wishes= I wish security was more prepared for the crowds!

Originally posted by sillyspook13

A HUGE fight broke out in the stairway below where I stood. Apparently some guy trampled a child in a stroller, some woman beat him up...... I don't know. Naturally, being Americans, everybody wanted to watch.:rolleyes: So I left again.

I made my way down to the mass chaos that was Main Street. To somewhat avoid the crowds I forced my way over to the shops on the right and made my way up the road. I emerged from the bakery and once again found myself immersed in the Main Street chaos. Nobody was moving.

Big mistake #3. We were stuck next to the trickle of people trying to exit. People were yelling, using strollers to shove their way through the crowd, our feet were run over several times, people were getting sick from lack of oxygen......:hurl:

Looks like Brazilian stadiums during soccer games!!!:lol: Or Madonna concerts in Rio de Janeiro!!!:lol: But I bet it was worth the sacrifice. I would do anything to see wishes...:(

By the way, is there anywhere on the web in which I could see any clip of wishes?

diznutz

I was so happy to hear that the new show was a success. Sounds like they're going to have to do something about the crowd problem though. Can't wait to see it!

wannabeBelle

Hey there DisneyTati!! Sure is and actually it is on the Disneyworld website itself. If you go to the Parks & More section under Magic Kingdom, under attractions then look for Wishes and run your mouse over the picture on the top you should be able to click on it and make it play the music and do the fireworks!!! I dont think anyone has gotten a video onto the site though!!! Belle
P.S. How is the baby??

disneytati

Hey, belle!!!:D
The baby is great! She is so cute!!! Have you seen the album I made for her here in this website?

Thanks for the info!

See you!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom