Orlando Thrill Park unveils 14 rides

Ignohippo

Freestyle Music Park was an EPIC fail. Absolutely horrible business decisions at every single turn - starting with location. I have absolutely zero faith that this guy has any idea how to run and design a successful theme park. I don't know who would possibly be dumb enough to put their money behind someone who's failed as miserably as he has. This will never happen.

I think a park like this has potential in O-town but not by this developer. Besides, if I can get amazing thrill rides at Uni and also get the shows, etc, why wouldn't I just pick Uni?

IMO, Uni has done a really good job with this niche. Their only mistake was building RRR at the Studios instead of IOA. They need to keep the thrill rides at IOA and build more of the immersive style attractions at US. They're blurring the lines too much between the two parks and losing their identities.

GLaDOS

IMO, Uni has done a really good job with this niche. Their only mistake was building RRR at the Studios instead of IOA. They need to keep the thrill rides at IOA and build more of the immersive style attractions at US. They're blurring the lines too much between the two parks and losing their identities.

What? Why? Both parks are theme parks. That's their identities.:shrug:

thelookingglass

While anything that can compete with Disney and make Disney have to build more E ticket attractions is a good thing, my biggest concern with this is that it might not be the instant success they seem to think it will be. Orlando already has 7 theme parks (9 if you include Busch Gardens and soon Legoland) 4 water parks (5 including Busch's), and countless other smaller scale tourist destinations. People come here for parks that are NOT Six Flags type parks.

Every existing park with an impressive coaster line-up added coasters over several decades. Roller coasters aren't cheap, either, a good coaster costs anywhere from 10-30 million. So, plopping down eight roller coasters before even "testing the waters" seems like a bad idea to me.
This is a strange comment, as IOA already has a handful of some of the most immersive rides found anywhere in addition to roller coasters.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Can anyone explain why OTP has this concept art in their site plans?
OTPTron.jpg

Testtrack321

OTPTron.jpg

Because they are a joke? Guys, I'm not blowing steam here, these guys have a history of this. If you can't splurge for some basic concept art for a few hundred bucks what makes you think they can afford, what is now considered, a $250+ million project?

Epic Epcot

OTPTron.jpg
Based off skimming through the .pdf plans for the park, it looks like they used the concept art as an example of the kind of work a specific lighting effects company could do for the park.

trr1

Because they are a joke? Guys, I'm not blowing steam here, these guys have a history of this. If you can't splurge for some basic concept art for a few hundred bucks what makes you think they can afford, what is now considered, a $250+ million project?
only 250+ million to build this park? I thought it would cost more

unkadug

Based off skimming through the .pdf plans for the park, it looks like they used the concept art as an example of the kind of work a specific lighting effects company could do for the park.

But then why didn't they credit the picture to the lighting company instead of OTP?

_Scar

It looks like a billionaire got ahold of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. I'm sure it will be a disaster- especially that pretzel coaster.

unkadug

I think universal should have bought that land for expansion of a new park or a resort

How exactly would they access the property? It's not adjacent but on the other side of an Interstate and a major tourist thoroughfare.

Monsterfan99

I have no doubt some sucker will invest in this and it gets built. It worked for Hard Rock Park and will here too. Now staying open after 6 months may be a different story. If done right with the right marketing, this park could be a hit.

However, feel free to check out the parks website that is advertised on the park logo. It will show you how serious they truly are.

jhastings74

However, feel free to check out the parks website that is advertised on the park logo. It will show you how serious they truly are.

Good Lord, OTP.

Monsterfan...thanks for pointing that out, by the way.

Sure...I'm an investor or creditor, and I'm going to invest in a project who claims a website...but has none.

I almost feel sorry for this guy. Almost.

I don't even know what to think about this whole thing. Are we all just being Punk'd?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
While I agree this may appeal to locals, as cedar point does for me, i cant see it as a tourist day.
Wanna bet?
This place is going to fail badly because nonne can touch Disney! :sohappy::sohappy:
Err... they arn`t trying to...
People come here for parks that are NOT Six Flags type parks.
Speaking on behalf of the many (normal) UK tourists I know, I`d say 75-80% of them would be very interested in this kind of park.
I think universal should have bought that land for expansion of a new park or a resort
They don`t need to ;)

Ilovewishes

Speaking on behalf of the many (normal) UK tourists I know, I`d say 75-80% of them would be very interested in this kind of park.

As a "normal" UK tourist, I can honestly say that my DH and I are VERY interested in this! We visit Florida every year and whilst we love Disney the most, we can't resist the attraction of the "big" rides at IOA and, in particular, Busch Gardens.

I can see UK tourists flooding to this place if it opens. Especially the thrill seekers who only make it to the USA once or twice in their lifetimes.

Gatorboy

Several things come to mind; first, location is horrible, bad traffic problems all ready. Second, right next to a residential area, third, no room for expansion. With that said, the park itself could be a hit if it was on I-drive south of Seaworld, anywhere up to the Gaylord which is at the southern end of I-drive. Also, with parks like Cedar Pt., you have to wait in line for hours for the biggger rides. They should make it a limited attendence park with a admission more like Discovery Cove. Coaster fans would pay the extra to be able to ride all the rides.

Perhaps the type of 'boutique park' Disney should build. Just add a world of color type show and you have a great experience that would address all those 'every new ride at Disney should be a thrill ride'. Just a thought

Ignohippo

Perhaps the type of 'boutique park' Disney should build. Just add a world of color type show and you have a great experience that would address all those 'every new ride at Disney should be a thrill ride'. Just a thought

A park like that by Disney would be amazing. Couple it with Marvel and you'd have a winner. I'm afraid it would kill DHS though (since DHS seems to appeal to teens more than any of the other Dis parks). If anything, expand DHS and make it the "thrill" park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom