Orlando man charged with hitting a Disney security guard during fight over COVID-19 mask rule

InnKpr

Since we can check free water off the list of debated topics here, I have a quick question:

We were thinking about visiting WDW early next spring, and staying at a moderate. But we loooove the pools at deluxes. If we don't get caught, can we hop to different resorts just to use their swimming facilities?

It would be a nice refresh, especially after a long day of riding scooters around the parks (not that we need them, but they sure as heck will make the lines a lot shorter).

Refillable mugs.

InnKpr

If you want to enjoy the amenities at a Deluxe property, pay for a deluxe property. It’s people like you that make the resorts require key access and inconvenience those who are actually paying for their level of service.
But I am still staying on property, and I like the Deluxe pools. What's it hurting?

At least it's not as bad as entitled people using flash photography on dark rides.

Anyone ever witness that? :facepalm:

GimpYancIent

Good lord, you can’t be serious and I truly hope you are not a parent setting this example for your children.

The Deluxe hotel rates are based on the level of amenities at a Deluxe property. You PAID for the level of amenities at a Moderate resort, nothing more.

What it is “hurting”, besides you being an obviously dishonest person, is that you are taking a Deluxe level of product and not paying for it. No different than booking a ticket in Coach and sneaking into First Class.
I read " It would be a nice refresh, especially after a long day of riding scooters around the parks (not that we need them, but they sure as heck will make the lines a lot shorter). " In the original post. If what I read is correct it is important to note that the EV's are not for able bodies people to simply ride around the parks and make lines shorter. There are people that really need them to get around and derive some enjoyment and deal with their difficulties. For able bodied people to use the EV's for fun is not right.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Since we can check free water off the list of debated topics here, I have a quick question:

We were thinking about visiting WDW early next spring, and staying at a moderate. But we loooove the pools at deluxes. If we don't get caught, can we hop to different resorts just to use their swimming facilities?

It would be a nice refresh, especially after a long day of riding scooters around the parks (not that we need them, but they sure as heck will make the lines a lot shorter).

Refillable mugs.

So the last part comes off as you're just lazy and don't wanna walk around all day.

ImperfectPixie

I love this game - let’s all impersonate horrible WDW guests!

Let’s see, we got the miserable cheapskates who go to restaurants to get free water, the morbidly obese scooter users, the Deluxe pool use stealers, and disgusting refillable mug users.

Should we add size 22 women wearing size 10 princess t-shirts eating a three pound turkey leg in 100 degree humidity? Rude Brazilian tour groups screaming in your ear? Cheerleader groups clapping with their hideous mother’s with their “wash and wear” hairdos?

This is now my favorite thread of all time.
Wow...bravo on insulting and being offensive to so many groups in one post. 👍

HongKongFooy

Sounds like a lot of shameless freeloading to me. Why exactly did you not buy your one old replacement shoes when they broke?

Freeloading at Disney??? OK you be the judge:

Animal Kingdom.......Daughter plays at Boneyard and shoe breaks. I take both of her shoes off so she can walk properly. I quickly learn all in Boneyard must wear shoes when CM politely informs me. I lift her to get her off of the surface and we're taking out(we were pretty much done anyway so no loss whatsoever) when CM felt sorry for her and perhaps --just guessing with that-- somewhat embarrassed to enforce the policy and tells us hold on a second and she pulls out a small form and tells us Mickey is giving her shoes. I was shocked and delighted and offered the best thank you. Our family was beyond appreciative for the gesture. Yes, we went into a store at the hub and picked out Minnie Crocs that light up when walking. Stopped at customer service before exiting park and again thanked Disney staff for doing something so far and above expectation. We left AK super happy.

Magic Kingdom......I was holding daughter and she had Disney ears when I finally made my way to the Main Street Starbucks counter after a full queue. I had card payment in hand ready to go and CM said something like "she is just too cute and she made my day.....it's free." Since it was the cheapest drink order(straight brewed coffee)and super fast to process as opposed to some crazy elaborate frap I'm guessing that was another reason it was free. I thanked her big time!

Studios...........it went down pretty similar and I received a free Venti coffee at the Trolley on Hollywood Blvd.

Epcot.......trying to meet up with Wife who is approaching from Japan and I'm on the lookout while simultaneously listening to Sugar Ray at American Pavilion. Daughter and I coincidentally are waiting near a souvenir stand. Daughter without me knowing was transfixed on a Mickey stuffed toy. Wife arrives and CM tells us how Daughter was staring at the EPCOT World Showcase orange/reddish dressed Mickey dolls and picks one out of the batch and hands it to her. I'm thinking that's sweet....and then a moment later Wife tries to give it back because we were ready to move closer to the music. And CM said "I'm giving that to her....she can have it". What beautifully unexpected treat and we thanked her and thanked her again and took her name to inform customer service.

I really didn't see that as freeloading. It's not as if I willfully and strategically raided the mouse's refrigerator and helped myself to a salami sandwich.

Each gift I was fully appreciative and we felt blessed by the kind gestures.

rowrbazzle

Animal Kingdom.......Daughter plays at Boneyard and shoe breaks. I take both of her shoes off so she can walk properly. I quickly learn all in Boneyard must wear shoes when CM politely informs me. I lift her to get her off of the surface and we're taking out(we were pretty much done anyway so no loss whatsoever) when CM felt sorry for her and perhaps --just guessing with that-- somewhat embarrassed to enforce the policy and tells us hold on a second and she pulls out a small form and tells us Mickey is giving her shoes. I was shocked and delighted and offered the best thank you. Our family was beyond appreciative for the gesture. Yes, we went into a store at the hub and picked out Minnie Crocs that light up when walking. Stopped at customer service before exiting park and again thanked Disney staff for doing something so far and above expectation. We left AK super happy.

Magic Kingdom......I was holding daughter and she had Disney ears when I finally made my way to the Main Street Starbucks counter after a full queue. I had card payment in hand ready to go and CM said something like "she is just too cute and she made my day.....it's free." Since it was the cheapest drink order(straight brewed coffee)and super fast to process as opposed to some crazy elaborate frap I'm guessing that was another reason it was free. I thanked her big time!

Studios...........it went down pretty similar and I received a free Venti coffee at the Trolley on Hollywood Blvd.

Epcot.......trying to meet up with Wife who is approaching from Japan and I'm on the lookout while simultaneously listening to Sugar Ray at American Pavilion. Daughter and I coincidentally are waiting near a souvenir stand. Daughter without me knowing was transfixed on a Mickey stuffed toy. Wife arrives and CM tells us how Daughter was staring at the EPCOT World Showcase orange/reddish dressed Mickey dolls and picks one out of the batch and hands it to her. I'm thinking that's sweet....and then a moment later Wife tries to give it back because we were ready to move closer to the music. And CM said "I'm giving that to her....she can have it". What beautifully unexpected treat and we thanked her and thanked her again and took her name to inform customer service.

I really didn't see that as freeloading. It's not as if I willfully and strategically raided the mouse's refrigerator and helped myself to a salami sandwich.

Pssh. Whatever man. At this point it's pretty obvious why you had the kid. I bet you had showers before she was born too - just so you could get people to give you stuff. You should've told those people, "I can buy my own diapers and onesies, thank you very much." Freeeeeloader!

Club Cooloholic

You don't have to explain. The difference between disney and other places like Six Flags are these kinds of interactions. Years ago, when my daughter was small we were in adventure land, and my daughter adores milk. Went to maybe aloha isle and the guy said they had already closed their registers for the night. Said wait one second and came back with a milk for us, free. We didn't expect this, didn't feel entitled to it. But that made our night and made a little girl happy, that's what is Disney to me.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Sure can..........but that doesn't change my opinion that Disney is showing poor customer care over cheap disposable masks to give out for situations like the event at Epcot.

In 2018 I hit for the cycle with outstanding customer care at WDW all revolving around my 1 year old daughter:

Animal Kingdom: her shoe broke and CM working Boneyard play area wrote up free shoes..... we picked out Minnie Crocs

Magic Kingdom: free cup venti Starbucks coffee(cashier said daughter was too cute with her Minnie ears to charge us)

Studios: more or less exact same thing as MK.... Free cup of coffee

EPCOT: CM working a souvenir stand very near concert Rocks series gave Daughter an EPCOT style Mickey Mouse stuffed toy with the ubiquitous pattern that showcase CM's were wearing...that reddish orange one.

That is Disney customer care!

If a guest is being obstinate or obtuse about the mask requirements, Disney should do all it can to keep them out rather than pander to them. Such a person is likely going to cause even more trouble inside the park.

LittleBuford

You don't have to explain. The difference between disney and other places like Six Flags are these kinds of interactions. Years ago, when my daughter was small we were in adventure land, and my daughter adores milk. Went to maybe aloha isle and the guy said they had already closed their registers for the night. Said wait one second and came back with a milk for us, free. We didn't expect this, didn't feel entitled to it. But that made our night and made a little girl happy, that's what is Disney to me.

I don’t think it’s right to conflate such kind gestures (of which I too have been a beneficiary) with the handing out of masks to people who haven’t bothered to acquaint themselves with the rules. The goal is to show guests appreciation by spreading some magic, sometimes when it’s least expected. That’s very different from trying to placate an angry or entitled guest.

Chi84

Premium Member
I don’t think it’s right to conflate such kind gestures (of which I too have been a beneficiary) with the handing out of masks to people who haven’t bothered to acquaint themselves with the rules. The goal is to show guests appreciation by spreading some magic, sometimes when it’s least expected. That’s very different from trying to placate an angry or entitled guest.
I don’t think he was doing that. As someone who couldn’t stop Disney from giving me complimentary MagicBands (no way to successfully decline them), I can sort of see the point some people are making here.

LittleBuford

I don’t think he was doing that. As someone who couldn’t stop Disney from giving me complimentary MagicBands (no way to successfully decline them), I can sort of see the point some people are making here.

My issue isn’t with the idea of complimentary masks per se, and one can, I think, reasonably argue that Disney should have gone that route. But that’s really a separate discussion. What I find objectionable is the idea that it’s good customer service to give free masks to guests who are either ignorant of the rules or unwilling to follow them. Indeed, I would argue that it’s actually bad customer service, because allowing irresponsible people into the park is to the detriment of other guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom