Orlando Becoming East Coast Headquarters for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products

TheMaxRebo

Announcing a 3 year delay now could be part of that. Now they severely slow or pause construction, and if things do not improve, they pull out fully?

Maybe but that really puts your employees in an awful position ...

Oh we are relocating you ... Well not now, in a few years, maybe - but you definitely will have to move at that point, whenever that point might now be

It would be one thing if they remove the "mandated relocation" but no word on that

OceanBlue

Maybe but that really puts your employees in an awful position ...

Oh we are relocating you ... Well not now, in a few years, maybe - but you definitely will have to move at that point, whenever that point might now be

It would be one thing if they remove the "mandated relocation" but no word on that
Life in the big city. Disney Inc was put in an awful position also. I think they wanted a positive experience and to bring growth and tech jobs to central Florida thinking it was a “pro-business” environment and central to their biggest attraction. We’ve all learned that’s not case presently. It’s really disappointing on lots of levels, I was actually trying to convince my husband to apply for a tech job and that Orlando was evolving with this. The Reedy Creek legislation and culture war push is a clear shot over the bow that increased investment is not safe in the current environment.

Disstevefan1

This was done because TWDC did not like that California shutdown DLR due to COVID and at that time TWDC and Florida were still friends.

It's totally different now. The pandemic is over and TWDC and Florida are no longer friends thanks to DeSantis.

I truly doubt this will happen now.

lazyboy97o

This was done because TWDC did not like that California shutdown DLR due to COVID and at that time TWDC and Florida were still friends.

It's totally different now. The pandemic is over and TWDC and Florida are no longer friends thanks to DeSantis.

I truly doubt this will happen now.
Moving Walt Disney Imagineering to California had been considered and mulled about for years before the pandemic (or switching more to the old Universal outsourcing model). More work was slowly shifting to Florida as the field office grew and became more involved in projects. It was not about the pandemic, which never even saw Disney act on their half hearted threats.

Goofyernmost

It’s an analogy that comes “shockingly close” to how Disney management operates now…in many ways
That is the way private business has operated for centuries. Being a kid with parents is living in an authoritarian environment. Except that is based of love and caring (usually). Government has no emotional engine. It's only based on power.

Disstevefan1

Moving Walt Disney Imagineering to California had been considered and mulled about for years before the pandemic (or switching more to the old Universal outsourcing model). More work was slowly shifting to Florida as the field office grew and became more involved in projects. It was not about the pandemic, which never even saw Disney act on their half hearted threats.
Well based on that, this may still happen but somehow I still doubt it…

SteveAZee

The only solution...
Double-Telepresence-Robot-Community-2.jpg

wutisgood

Life in the big city. Disney Inc was put in an awful position also. I think they wanted a positive experience and to bring growth and tech jobs to central Florida thinking it was a “pro-business” environment and central to their biggest attraction. We’ve all learned that’s not case presently. It’s really disappointing on lots of levels, I was actually trying to convince my husband to apply for a tech job and that Orlando was evolving with this. The Reedy Creek legislation and culture war push is a clear shot over the bow that increased investment is not safe in the current environment.
I legit thought about working for Universal as they have postings and need key audio visual professionals to build and maintain equipment in the third park and expansions. I checked the house prices and would not at all be comfortable even making a lateral move given the political climate in Florida. Unless things have changed I expect them to want a pay cut too. I just cant imagine universal paying 80k+ at a minimum given what I have read about salaries down there to attract people. I think they probably have leverage to pull from a lot of areas where tech workers have no idea what a real salary is more than most places and also are regressive places to live already. I share your disappointment.

bhg469

It has been a while since I have dropped in this thread.. Disney really hosed their employees if they are planning on waiting. A 450k house there 4 years ago is now approaching 800.. Not to mention that traffic in that area is already getting into the bananas territory. We have lived in the orlando area for close to a year (Hunters Creek) and we had to over pay to get a home where we are. Granted it is in a really nice area but there are very few new homes being built. It seems like 3/4 of the construction are apartments and I am going to assume based on what we were paying is going to be in the neighborhood of $2,700/mo for a 2 Bed 2 Bath.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom