Orlando Becoming East Coast Headquarters for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products

Tha Realest

Even with EPIC UNI isn't going to be able pull anywhere near the numbers Disney does
It already is though

1684460368119.png

MagicHappens1971

Are these still 2021 numbers?

I don’t recall the 2022 numbers being released, and in 2019, MK attendance numbers were nearly 10 million more than Islands & USF (separately).

Anyways, Disney was still limiting attendance in 2021. Universal wasn’t. Disney not as much in 2022.

Will be interesting to see the 2022 numbers

Figgy1

Premium Member
Doesn't UNI have a very high percentage of APs and hopper tickets sold compared to Disney. When we go to Disney hopping depends on the trip but when we go to UNI not only do we hop we hop a couple of times a day. It would be interesting to see the amount of clicks into the parks compared to the actual number of people on property
So are those numbers based on the numbers of people clicked into a park or just their first click in for the day?

Last edited:
Yo…that’s a Covid year, boss - 2021

Magic kingdom pulls 20…almost double all the other games in town.

Wdw pulls high 50’s total and Uni pulls less than 20
Keep on telling yourself that. January 1, 2021 Disney Company stock was $184/share with a dividend. Today the stock pays no dividend and is priced at $94/share.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you have more recent numbers I’d love to see them. Most recent I could find was 2021
Because TEA hasn’t released 2022 yet

The most recent, non-disrupted year is 2019

Remember uni went to full open in summer of 2020…while disney fired its staff like morons and still only had 50% of its own hotel rooms open at the start of 2022

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Keep on telling yourself that. January 1, 2021 Disney Company stock was $184/share with a dividend. Today the stock pays no dividend and is priced at $94/share.
Hey Brain,

…I’ve been hammering the management and the financials constantly…ask around…

What does that have to do with the market share in Orlando?

I’ll wait

Tha Realest

Because TEA hasn’t released 2022 yet

The most recent, non-disrupted year is 2019

Remember uni went to full open in summer of 2020…while disney fired its staff like morons and still only had 50% of its own hotel rooms open at the start of 2022
Seems pretty stupid and self destructive.

OP said Universal would never pull numbers close to WDW. I showed they already are. “But COVID…” “But WDW fired a bunch of people…” So what? The numbers are already very close.

Tha Realest

Did I say there were more recent estimates? I said there is a reason the source didn’t change the order of their most visited parks list.
What “source” are you talking about? OP said Uni would “never” be close to WDW’s numbers. I showed most recent statistics proving otherwise.

MagicHappens1971

OP said Universal would never pull numbers close to WDW. I showed they already are. “But COVID…” “But WDW fired a bunch of people…” So what? The numbers are already very close.
UniVDisney.jpg

Because historically, they're not. If Disney's parks were fully open in 2021, they would've pulled more attendance than Universal.

We should revisit this when TEA drops the 2022 numbers.

Fordlover

In his first town with the Disney employees, which was zoomed across the entire company, Iger mentioned he was saddened to see Disney get into a political fight and would be more than happy to reach out to the state of Florida to get a better understanding of the situation.

More recently Iger's office has said they did make many attempts to reach out to the governor's office in Florida and all attempts went unanswered.

Now whether or not Iger was sincere when he said he would reach out to the state of Florida and whether or not he actually did reach out to the state of Florida.... Your mileage may very but in this case i believe him .
Actually, I think Iger said he’d be open to speaking to the governor if he reached out. Nuanced yes but it does make a difference. I think currently Desantis sees this fight as a win for him. I’m honestly not sure if Bob sees this fight as a net win or losing battle.
my thoughts are government can afford to be distracted, since they never really do anything anyway. Distraction for companies I believe is less constructive. Someone could ask InBev if they think the disruption is good for business.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

You got caught on the numbers here. 2022 will be percentage wise close to 18/19…

It’s not a conspiracy…universal has pulled the wdw market share down from around 80% when IOA/DAK opened to around 70% now…

That’s still a major improvement that TWDC doesn’t like…and I know they don’t like epic coming…

But it’s still the big fish that can eat all the other fish in town and not burp.

It’s not a conspiracy…these are the accepted numbers for decades

Last edited:

Tha Realest

View attachment 717262
Because historically, they're not. If Disney's parks were fully open in 2021, they would've pulled more attendance than Universal.

We should revisit this when TEA drops the 2022 numbers.
He didn’t say “historically” he said they “never” would touch those numbers.

They’ve already closed the gap. Add all the excuses and caveats you want, but we’re already there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom