Orlando Becoming East Coast Headquarters for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products

Fordlover

This isn't an investor comment board though. Stock price isn't really relevant to this discussion.
It is relevant for me. I say if you want to get attention, start messing with someone’s money. My pathetically performing Disney stock is certainly on my mind. At least it was going back up today….

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Investing 101. Uncertainty and political chaos have tremendous effects on a stock’s future value from investors.
The global economy. Rising costs. Tightening of credit. A $75 billion studio buy that has failed. A $5 bil plus a year loss on streaming. Instability in the foreign park markets. Slowing of box office receipts. Trouble/reduced returns in their 4 main studios.
…I’m getting to Florida politics soon…after an impending GLOBAL recession that cripples travel and discretionary spending…

All this will be tomorrow in “investing 102”

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is relevant for me. I say if you want to get attention, start messing with someone’s money. My pathetically performing Disney stock is certainly on my mind. At least it was going back up today….
What did you buy it at?

Because it’s been overvalued for a decade and the water always finds it’s way to level. Sorry to break it to you…but I probably ranted this years ago and you could have been warned.

Figgy1

Okay….. the 2022 numbers are going to most likely match the 2019 numbers, which means that “gap” will be reopened.
Question. Those are just theme park numbers correct? How much more does Disney bring into the state in hotel numbers? Sales tax dollars from merch sales? Restaurants? Does anybody have numbers on how many of those people stay on Disney property and drive up/Uber on one or 2 days of their trip?

Fordlover

What did you buy it at?

Because it’s been overvalued for a decade and the water always finds its way to level. Sorry to break it to you…but I probably ranted this years ago and you could have been warned.
most of it was at 99 a share. Here’s to hoping a dividend return and getting the hungry Monster of streaming under control will get the stock back up to ~115 or so.

Ayla

Important to recognize that taking Ron out of the Florida picture when/if he announces a Presidential run, does not alter the fact that a lot of the policies that are "unappealing" to Disney and other investors are grounded within the Florida legislative bodies. His departure for a national platform won't alter the perception of the regressive laws being put on the books by others in the State.
He won't be out of the picture when he announces a potus run. He already had the law changed so he can stay Gov and run for potus.

Mmoore29

The global economy. Rising costs. Tightening of credit. A $75 billion studio buy that has failed. A $5 bil plus a year loss on streaming. Instability in the foreign park markets. Slowing of box office receipts. Trouble/reduced returns in their 4 main studios.
…I’m getting to Florida politics soon…after an impending GLOBAL recession that cripples travel and discretionary spending…

All this will be tomorrow in “investing 102”

Now do you want try to say ANOTHER fake source? Or just admit your trying to bring tinfoil politics in here?
The studios are a license to print money. Disney's brand and IP can't fail, because they're incredibly valuable. Certain movies only "disappointed" because the media deliberately put its thumb on the scale because nothing sells like "Disney in disarray," even when it's isn't quite true.

The Fox merger has not failed. It is a valuable, complimentary asset alongside ABC, ESPN, Lucasfilm, Pixar and Marvel. This is a solid group that cannot be broken apart without destroying everything else. Plus, Disney is a better home than Comcast ever would've been, especially for the Alien IP, because Neill Blomkamp's film might happen now.

Disney's stock is worth $250 a share, and Iger will get it there by his turnaround period's end. You'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The studios are a license to print money. Disney's brand and IP can't fail, because they're incredibly valuable. Certain movies only "disappointed" because the media deliberately put its thumb on the scale because nothing sells like "Disney in disarray," even when it's isn't quite true.

The Fox merger has not failed. It is a valuable, complimentary asset alongside ABC, ESPN, Lucasfilm, Pixar and Marvel. This is a solid group that cannot be broken apart without destroying everything else. Plus, Disney is a better home than Comcast ever would've been, especially for the Alien IP, because Neill Blomkamp's film might happen now.

War, COVID and the like was something NO ONE could have predicted. So Disney's not alone there.

Disney's stock is worth $250 a share, and Iger will get it there by his turnaround period's end. You'll see.
1684463419333.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Important to recognize that taking Ron out of the Florida picture when/if he announces a Presidential run, does not alter the fact that a lot of the policies that are "unappealing" to Disney and other investors are grounded within the Florida legislative bodies. His departure for a national platform won't alter the perception of the regressive laws being put on the books by others in the State.
…yeah…they swept that under the rug awhile back

Mmoore29

This is certainly nothing like the disarray Eisner put it into at the end of his tenure, and things were genuinely in trouble. Everything is more or less fine, and only vultures in the press, angry shorts, and fanboy trolls who proclaim Kathleen Kennedy as the devil incarnate say that Disney is in trouble today. Because Disney is in a far stronger position today than it was 20 years ago when Roy and Stanley Gold led the revolt.

After all, they got the debt restructured so that only $5.5 billion is on the immediate books, and the cost savings program will enable them to pay that off, and cash flow will take care of the remaining long-term stuff. Disney is not only weathering the storm, it is thriving, and it deserves the valuation that proves it.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
But none of that really has anything to do with lake nowhere…

And none of it has anything to do with Florida “fighting” them.

Their books are in trouble because Bob has made critical mistakes for 5-10 years and they’re coming home now
How much is Hulu going to cost them?

Comcast is going to own a nice chunk of $DIS

monothingie

Premium Member
If Comcast couldn't get it in a hostile takeover when it and Eisner were on their knees, they're not going to get any slice of it when it's a formidable 800-pound gorilla standing tall. Nice try.
Before you comment understand what your commenting on.

For your reference.

Mmoore29

For your reference.
I'm quoting the idea that Comcast would own a chunk of Disney itself, which it seemed like you were saying, at least to my end. And I was pointing out that Comcast couldn't scoop it up at its weakest point, it can't pick it up now when it's standing tall and strong.

A cash payment for Hulu, that's a different matter entirely, of course.

monothingie

Premium Member

For your reference.
Disney does not have $9-10B in cash laying around. But they do have a lot of Treasury Stock…

Hopefully it doesn’t go any lower. Could be a big Boone for Comcast, buy low sell high right?

Magenta Panther

It's laughable that some are blaming DeSantis for this decision by Disney, announced on the same day that the Starcruiser Hotel was cancelled. Obviously, both decisions were made because of financial reasons. Funny how some people can't seem to put two and two together. Although a lot of the palaver is based on political views, rather than reason...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom