Orlando Becoming East Coast Headquarters for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products

THEY CAN BE TOGETHER IN FLORIDA. :)

Yeah, I get your point though. I should've known not to trust any Chapek decision around theme parks. That's on me. My bad.
@lentesta any publicity is good publicity???🤷

Attachments

• IMG_9276.png
    IMG_9276.png
    183.7 KB · Views: 108

Vegas Disney Fan

I’m not sure if I should be shocked or not by this news, on one hand this doesn’t make sense because the move would save them a ton of money in the long term, on the other hand this will save them a ton of money in the short term and they’re drastically cutting costs everywhere right now.

It’ll be interesting to see if they put the land up for sale, if they don’t I think this is a pause more than a cancellation and not a huge deal, if the land is put up for sale though then FL lost out big time in the long run.

Disone

I still think Iger should/could have stopped this from ever getting this far (back and forth with DeSantis) as soon as he took office.

Regardless I don’t think this project was ever going to happen anyways. Both sides are just using it against the other
In his first town with the Disney employees, which was zoomed across the entire company, Iger mentioned he was saddened to see Disney get into a political fight and would be more than happy to reach out to the state of Florida to get a better understanding of the situation.

More recently Iger's office has said they did make many attempts to reach out to the governor's office in Florida and all attempts went unanswered.

Now whether or not Iger was sincere when he said he would reach out to the state of Florida and whether or not he actually did reach out to the state of Florida.... Your mileage may very but in this case i believe him .

WDWFanRay

This "Disney is a sinking ship" narrative is very interesting to hear from many. The company was sinking under Chapek, Iger took the company back over, restructured, and is cutting their inflated costs by consolidating divisions and laying people off. Parks revenue was 7.8B for Q2, with a total of a 13% increase in revenue for the whole company.

Streaming is what is costing the company
Holy goose feathers, we agree on something 🫢

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This "Disney is a sinking ship" narrative is very interesting to hear from many. The company was sinking under Chapek, Iger took the company back over, restructured, and is cutting their inflated costs by consolidating divisions and laying people off. Parks revenue was 7.8B for Q2, with a total of a 13% increase in revenue for the whole company.

Streaming is what is costing the company money.
Wow…you ignored about 75% of their problems there…

They’re weak in every sector - including parks. It just hasn’t shown up on a call yet. Watch it play

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Come on at least try a little bit.

Disney is not in good shape financially.

Healthy companies don't cut billions in expense and layoff thousands of employees.

Stock Price hasn't been that great either....
But none of that really has anything to do with lake nowhere…

And none of it has anything to do with Florida “fighting” them.

Their books are in trouble because Bob has made critical mistakes for 5-10 years and they’re coming home now

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wasn't responding specifically to Disney, the quote was healthy companies don't do that, which is ludicrous, they do it all the time.
Right…but all their corps can buy Disney when they want…If they wanted too…

Disney is really gonna get whalloped in a recession if a big one hatches.
Don’t think google and Amazon would bleed to that level at all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This will have ZERO effect on the Florida economy. Disney IS NOT a tourist monopoly. The less they invest, the more opportunity Universal has to take away visitors from Disney.
Wdw still pulls 65% market share on a bad day…
Even with EPIC UNI isn't going to be able pull anywhere near the numbers Disney does
Yeah…Disney shuttering would be catastrophic…but the yokels would never take the word on it

LSLS

Right…but all their corps can buy Disney when they want…If they wanted too…

Disney is really gonna get whalloped in a recession if a big one hatches.
Don’t think google and Amazon would bleed to that level at all.

And yet amazon has had two rounds of layoffs in 2023 and promises of cutting billions in expenses. So I don't think layoffs are a great indicator of financial health of a fortune 500 company.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
People are failing to understand this. I agree Disney needs to invest more back into the parks, but Uni still won’t pull the Disney numbers. If anything they will probably pull more guests from USF
They don’t bother to read the History or stats to understand it. “Failure” implies effort.

Central Florida was built on wdw. It’s just as simple as that. Smack dab into the middle of the second most densely populated “belt” in the state

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And yet amazon has had two rounds of layoffs in 2023 and promises of cutting billions in expenses. So I don't think layoffs are a great indicator of financial health of a fortune 500 company.
I agree there…

But i think the point is Disney slashing is of more significance to where it sits and it’s outlook. It’s not apples to apples

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom