Orlando Attractions Magazine: Something coming to Central FL?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But omnimovers are all pretty much the same ride system but that didn't stop Disney from building Mermaid not too far from Pooh... The excuse of same ride systems are worn out... No one really cares... as long as the ride is excellent, no one would give two rat bottoms about the system...
Indeed.

vinnya1726

Whoa - you are excited easily. A very nicely themed area with a couple D-tickets and a pricey restaurant. And an expansion proposal that we haven't seen any plans or ideas for a year after the announcement.

Meanwhile - over at Universal...groundbreaking ride technology being implemented, incredibly immersive areas being built, average attractions be replaced, already incredible attractions being "plussed" with the best of today's technology, and construction is already beginning on projects we aren't even privy to details about yet. THAT is exciting.

Today's Universal - Start work, get projects rolling, then announce what's happening.
Today's Disney - Announce projects, feel out how excited people do or don't get, then scale back or cancel as necessary.

It's not anti-Disney. It's just two jarringly different ways to do business and grow (or retain) a fanbase.

You are right it is two different ways to do business, and while I do not necessarily like the way Disney has been handling the parks lately...I also think we have to remember they are two different target audiences, which I think some of the Disney fans on this site forget...we are not and have never been universal...we have a great family park, where families can enjoy making memories together. Uni is a great park, but it is not family friendly, a lot of the rides are rides that young children would not really enjoy. I want to see Disney up it's game, but I do not want to see us just add "e" ticket trill rides just to satisfy some people that you need to be twelve or older to go on.

menamechris

There's an unbiased comparison if I've ever seen one.

I love Disney as much as anyone - but there comes to a time when you can't deny what has happened. I tried. I kept waiting for Disney to seem to care that their parks were falling behind. They apparently don't feel motivated to improve them. And what they are adding is certainly not the best that they can do. Their idea of being cutting edge is putting video games throughout their parks and interactive queues. And they should want to do it, not to compete with Universal; they should do it becuase they should want to be the best. There should be a pride component. It used to be there. Not sure where it went...

menamechris

How is it exciting that they are constructing something that you have no idea what it is.

It could be a comma factory.

Look at the discussion it has brought about on a DISNEY fan site. It creates anticipation and discussion. People want to know what's happening. Whether it turns out to be something amazing or not actually doesn't matter right now - given there are so many new experiences coming that anything else would just be "extra".

td1129

I love Disney as much as anyone - but there comes to a time when you can't deny what has happened. I tried. I kept waiting for Disney to seem to care that their parks were falling behind. They apparently don't feel motivated to improve them. And what they are adding is certainly not the best that they can do. Their idea of being cutting edge is putting video games throughout their parks and interactive queues. And they should want to do it, not to compete with Universal; they should do it becuase they should want to be the best. There should be a pride component. It used to be there. Not sure where it went...

Again, you're letting this site blind you. The amount of work going on at WDW right now is staggering, from next gen, hundred million dollar expansions, new resorts, new restaurants, etc.

This site likes to forget about all of it because there's no new thrill rides. This is why every thread here devolves into an anti Disney back patting party. You yourself just praised Universal for an unannounced expansion while completely ignoring an announced $500 million project at Disney. It's nothing new though. That's what this forum is all about. Unfortunately, it's also the best site by ten miles for the latest news and rumors. That's why I stick around, but it truly is obvious to see by anyone who isn't part of this culture of negativity.

djlaosc

On attraction magazines twitter page they said they should be able to post the rumor in a hour or so

Well, they've just posted about the possibilit of a Star Wars Miniland at Legoland!

I know that it hadn't been an hour yet (only been thirty minutes), but I hope it's something more than that!

Doubt it though!

menamechris

Again, you're letting this site blind you. The amount of work going on at WDW right now is staggering, from next gen, hundred million dollar expansions, new resorts, new restaurants, etc.

This site likes to forget about all of it because there's no new thrill rides. This is why every thread here devolves into an anti Disney back patting party. You yourself just praised Universal for an unannounced expansion while completely ignoring an announced $500 million project at Disney. It's nothing new though. That's what this forum is all about. Unfortunately, it's also the best site by ten miles for the latest news and rumors. That's why I stick around, but it truly is obvious to see by anyone who isn't part of this culture of negativity.

No one has said anything about thrill rides. A ride can be of this century and implement amazing technologyh without being a thrill ride. And as a side note, positive feedback and compliments are paid on this site by members to Disney when they do something right. A good example of this is the Main Street Refurb thread. I don't think anyone isn't thrilled that Disney made the investment and commitment to that project. So don't let your bias and selective reading on here cloud out those compliments and positive comments just because there happens to be a good amount of criticism from the fanbase right now. And rightfully so.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Marni, I caught that before you deleted it. Bro, take a step back and look at how bitter and negative you've become.
Hopefully you know then why I thought twice as opposed to retreading the same ground again.

I agree. Knowledge can be a powerful thing. Sometimes knowing too much about both sides isn't a good thing.

Rest assured I'll still get all tingly when I turn the corner of Town Sq and head north In a few months.

menamechris

Marni, I caught that before you deleted it. Bro, take a step back and look at how bitter and negative you've become.

So your message count is 70....and you spent about 10 of those today - not engaging in actual debate or discussion - just kind of whining and being snarky to the people who see things realistically - and not the perfection that you Disney as?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom