Orlando Attractions Magazine: Something coming to Central FL?

threeyoda

Original Poster
So a couple minutes ago, Orlando Attractions Magazine posted this on twitter:

We heard a rumor about something very cool coming to one of Central Florida's theme parks. Trying to find out more now.
https://twitter.com/attractions/status/221620626794881024

Now, I know that there are a lot of theme parks in Central Florida, and Universal has a lot going on right now with new construction and stuff, but I was wondering if anyone on here knows of anything that could relate this to Disney World? Could this be Avatar, a DHS project, or something else?

I don't know how reputable Attractions Magazine is with stuff like this, and that its most likely Universal-related, but could it be for Disney?

jt04

Very "cool" huh? Maybe something that brings a cold climate with it. Something to respond to Sea World's Arctic pavillion?

wdwfan4ver

The odds are it is Universal based on the demolishing pictures Miceage has for Universal. There has been weekly new pictures for the last couple weeks at least.

jt04

The odds are it is Universal based on the demolishing pictures Miceage has for Universal. There has been weekly new pictures for the last couple weeks at least.

Yeah but that is old news and the OP seems to be hinting this is something entirely new.

I have a new guess, Universal Water Park on their "third park" property.

J03Y

well Universal is expanding the Harry Potter park to the Universal Studios park.

if that sparks any interests...

AmongMadPeople

Yeah but that is old news and the OP seems to be hinting this is something entirely new.

Old news in that they've been demolishing for a few weeks, but we still don't know what is going back in its place. We can still get "new" news on this project. My guess is they've heard a hint of what might be going there.

jt04

Old news in that they've been demolishing for a few weeks, but we still don't know what is going back in its place. We can still get "new" news on this project. My guess is they've heard a hint of what might be going there.

Whylightbulb and Uni have announced the phase 2 of Potter. Pretty old news around here. Perhaps they have another announcement pending. There have been some indications of that. The Orlando theme park wars are really heating up.

Taylor

Whylightbulb and Uni have announced the phase 2 of Potter. Pretty old news around here. Perhaps they have another announcement pending. There have been some indications of that. The Orlando theme park wars are really heating up.
And when it comes to new exciting projects UNI is beating the snot out of us

bethymouse

OK- I'm trying to stay positive here!;) It's the beginning of a brand new friendship. J/K:)
I would hope that it is something for WDW, but it still remains to be seen as in all rumors and such.:eek:

Lee

Adventurer
Not a very convienent location for their guests. I have always thought the would eventually build one on their side of I-4 and then repurpose or sell the WnW land.
It's planned. Matter of time.
Well, something has to go in the Stage 44 spot...
Permanent haunt, Transformers...something.

menamechris

I know its not - but I would be beyond ecstatic if this was an announcement for something spectacular at Hollywood Studios. Hollywood Studios needs something big more than any other park in Orlando...I am truly convinced the only reason it is not under Universal and IoA in attendance is because of the way Disney's tickets work now and how people vacation at the Disney resort.

jt04

It's planned. Matter of time.

Well, something has to go in the Stage 44 spot...
Permanent haunt, Transformers...something.

Every theme park needs a "haunted" attraction IMO. Why I am especially high on the possibilities of a "Mystic Manor" type add at DAK at some point hopefully.

jt04

And when it comes to new exciting projects UNI is beating the snot out of us

That is what we want. Seems like they only get serious about major adds at WDW when there is major competition. And if they do not recognize that yet they soon will. Potter 2 raises the bar twice as high as Potter1. Add SW and Legoland and other adds around greater Orlando and the mouse has to respond.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom