Orlando Attractions Magazine: Something coming to Central FL?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Sorry, did not read. Got about three sentences in. You are blinded by the groupthink of this site.
There are some people on this site that you should pay attention to.

You may not agree all the time with them, but they generally have a good point.

Ignohippo

Sorry. Put me in the column of people genuinely excited about a SW min-land coming to LegoLand. Heck, if TDO won't take advantage of the license, at least another park sees its worth and is doing something with it.

This may be nothing compared to what could be done at DHS, but hopefully an attendance boost at LegoLand because of SW will get TDO to finally do something with the property.

Hopefully, it will be done in time for SWCVI. I still can't believe TDO isn't doing anything to get convention goers to visit DHS while that convention is in town.

lazyboy97o

Sorry. Put me in the column of people genuinely excited about a SW min-land coming to LegoLand. Heck, if TDO won't take advantage of the license, at least another park sees its worth and is doing something with it.

This may be nothing compared to what could be done at DHS, but hopefully an attendance boost at LegoLand because of SW will get TDO to finally do something with the property.

Hopefully, it will be done in time for SWCVI. I still can't believe TDO isn't doing anything to get convention goers to visit DHS while that convention is in town.
Maybe an exhibit at Celebration VI before the models are actually installed at Legoland Florida, but I am not sure what else could be done. Even to the biggest of Star Wars fans, would it really be worth the hour or so it would take to get to Legoland Florida to go look at dioramas made of Lego? Not to discount the work and talent that goes into making the Miniland USA models as they are quite impressive. I am just not sure I would advise anybody to make the journey and pay admission just for Miniland USA. I would definitely not advise adults to go to Legoland Florida without young children.

STAR WARS Miniland at Legoland California

DisneyWall-E

Sorry, did not read. Got about three sentences in. You are blinded by the groupthink of this site.

This is what its like when my daughter tries to argue whith me. Just so you dont get confused, td1129, you would be playing the part of the child.

td1129

This is what its like when my daughter tries to argue whith me. Just so you dont get confused, td1129, you would be playing the part of the child.

Because I didn't read someone's long winded, bitter, biased and negative rebuttal about Walt Disney World on a site called wdwmagic.com? Got it.

Sorry, I prefer to enjoy my hobbies. I don't feel the need to get caught up in everyone's vitriol toward the thing I enjoy reading about in my spare time, which is obviously not nearly as abundant as some of you.

unkadug

Because I didn't read someone's long winded, bitter, biased and negative rebuttal about Walt Disney World on a site called wdwmagic.com? Got it.

Sorry, I prefer to enjoy my hobbies. I don't feel the need to get caught up in everyone's vitriol toward the thing I enjoy reading about in my spare time, which is obviously not nearly as abundant as some of you.
You didn't have time to read the post, but you did have time to respond... twice.

Where's the logic there?

DisneyWall-E

No, because you refuse to see any side but your own. That is a trademark of a vary young, closeminded person. At least WDW1974 reads and responds to other points of view. And he even gives praise when it is due.

td1129

No, because you refuse to see any side but your own. That is a trademark of a vary young, closeminded person. At least WDW1974 reads and responds to other points of view. And he even gives praise when it is due.

It's a Disney World message board bro. You should lighten up. I don't care to read excessively bitter novels because like I said, this is a hobby. You guys should enjoy your lives more and stop holding so much resentment about Disney World. Just a thought. I'm out of this thread now. Didn't mean to get you all angry and defensive, but I really think you need to stop spewing so much hate and harbering so much resentment toward something you're supposed to enjoy. See ya!

unkadug

It's a Disney World message board bro. You should lighten up. I don't care to read excessively bitter novels because like I said, this is a hobby. You guys should enjoy your lives more and stop holding so much resentment about Disney World. Just a thought. I'm out of this thread now. Didn't mean to get you all angry and defensive, but I really think you need to stop spewing so much hate and harbering so much resentment toward something you're supposed to enjoy. See ya!
Perhaps you should grow up and learn the meaning of discussion. If everyone thought the same way then the world would be very boring indeed.

Some people do enjoy discussion of what WDW could be and should be as opposed to what it has become

There is no resentment except towards those who refuse to read. Now run along and play...

maxairmike

Why dxer, I do believe another patient for the clinic has been found! ;)

Seriously though, as a guy in his mid 20s, the thought of going to LEGOLand excites me, and Star Wars there, even just models, even more so. Of course, you also have to pretty much drag me out of the LEGO store at DTD if I manage to get in there, so I'm probably not your "average" sample from my age group (still watch Animaniacs, Looney Toons, etc. and contend they're 100x better than the crap they shove on kids nowadays).

lazyboy97o

Seriously though, as a guy in his mid 20s, the thought of going to LEGOLand excites me, and Star Wars there, even just models, even more so. Of course, you also have to pretty much drag me out of the LEGO store at DTD if I manage to get in there, so I'm probably not your "average" sample from my age group (still watch Animaniacs, Looney Toons, etc. and contend they're 100x better than the crap they shove on kids nowadays).
Saying I am similar to you would not at all the stretch, and unless you are getting in at a good discount, I really would not recommend going to Legoland Florida. It is very much geared towards little kids. It's a bit of a shame that this is Merlin's direction, but it is what it is.

Ignohippo

Saying I am similar to you would not at all the stretch, and unless you are getting in at a good discount, I really would not recommend going to Legoland Florida. It is very much geared towards little kids. It's a bit of a shame that this is Merlin's direction, but it is what it is.

I'm in my 40s and enjoyed the heck out of LegoLand. I had my 6 year old with me, but we spent half of the day in the shops. There were plenty of things for him, but I couldn't get on any of the coasters (because I had him with me). I think there's lots to do there for all ages - as long as you're a kid at heart.

Ignohippo

Maybe an exhibit at Celebration VI before the models are actually installed at Legoland Florida, but I am not sure what else could be done. Even to the biggest of Star Wars fans, would it really be worth the hour or so it would take to get to Legoland Florida to go look at dioramas made of Lego? Not to discount the work and talent that goes into making the Miniland USA models as they are quite impressive. I am just not sure I would advise anybody to make the journey and pay admission just for Miniland USA. I would definitely not advise adults to go to Legoland Florida without young children.

STAR WARS Miniland at Legoland California

I love how people skip over the main ideas of a post. I don't think I put anything in there about people attending SWCVI driving in droves to Legoland. I was simply speaking about how DHS is doing absolutely nothing for it.

As long as they're building it, it'd be nice to have it done in time for the convention. Nothing more.

The main point that I was trying to make was how completely ridiculous it is that Legoland can see what a draw SW is, yet TDO chooses to ignore it. Even with SWCVI in town, Disney is doing nothing special for it. If anything, Disney could have done special room rates and combos with admission to DHS to try and get people to stay at WDW that weekend. But no, they choose to pretty much ignore it. At least Legoland is trying something new, while TDO is completely complacent.

Ignohippo

It's impossible to be part of a conversation when you're the only one talking. I suggest you buy a typewriter, since you only read what you write.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom