Original Epcot logo back in topiary form!

Figment82

Original Poster
Please forgive me if this has been posted earlier today (I just got off work and tried to wade through the threads as best as possible), but while eating lunch by the Fountain of Nations today, I happened to look over at the back of SSE. Behind the Siemans lounge and Project Tomorrow, in that little garden area that faces the tip board, the original Epcot flower logo has been recreated in topiary form. I almost spit out my drink when I saw it!

Give me a few moments, and I'll post a photo.

SDav10495

Day-um, that is one fine topiary. :D

OK, now I'll assume this is just a decoration they're doing for the 25th and I won't get my hopes up about an official return of the old logo beyond that celebration.

But, uh...ya gotta admit, that's a pretty good sign.

Expo_Seeker40

Oh mah gawd.......wandless spheres, replanting of palm trees, and flower logos.....the 21st century really is 25 years old! :ROFLOL:

This is so awesome, and I hope they keep it yearly on a seasonal basis that is....between the flower and garden fest....unless the flower logo will become the logo for the flower and garden fest? :eek:

Behind Spaceship Earth, the flower bed logo was featured for many years, right up until the big changes made to EPCOT Center in the mid 90s, when the topiary was replaced with the caplocks form of "EPCOT".

I wish they would repaint the earthstation blue again......so much more cool, clean cut and appealing IMO

4ldaa6g.jpg

cooleo

Cool! I just hope they fill up the inner portions with different color flowers. That would make it look even better. :cool:

Epcot82Guy

So true. We used to love the Flamingos as kids. I really like this whole integration of the old and new. I think there be some interesting approaches to Epcot ahead!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
this is slightly bizarre. ill have to get a picture of that with me infront to compare the one from 20+ years ago.... if i can find it. :D

imamouse

The new topiary should fill in nicely in time for Oct 1. Glad to see some SIGNS of the original 1971 EPCOT Center being honored.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom