Original Attraction Posters!

Disneyfanman

Original Poster
Back in June I was at the World and asked about the original attraction posters that always hang below the train station. I was told that many of the originals can be printed on demand at the Art of Disney at DTD. Much to my surprise they can! So I ordered a print of the original HM poster, brought it home, and had it professionally framed and matted. It's really great, and brings back years of memories! So my wife and I have decided to get one every trip if they continue to be available. My basement has Disney artwork and pin posters on the walls, but this was the first attraction poster!

It amazing that after 20 years of visiting the World, that I continue to find things that surprise and delight! I had been in the Art of Disney, but didn't know that they provided that service!

Next Trip..........Splash Mountain!

Kingdom WDW

I believe they charge around $28 or $35. I bought the Jungle Cruise poster at the Villains Section of World of Disney. I believe there are:

Haunted Mansion-They're dying to meet you.
Pirates of the Caribbean-Sail with the wildest crew that ever sacked the Spanish Main.
Jungle Cruise-Explore tropic rivers of Adventure.
WDW Railroad
It's a Small World

And maybe one more. I don't think I have the slogans right though. :shrug:

stankly182

They actually sell those already matted at the Art of Disney Store in DTD. I bought the HM one for about $35.00. The matting has the Castle logo stamped out of it. I didn't have to request one either, they had several that were available to purchase directly. We were there in May, and I believe they had The Jungle Cruise, HM, It's A Small World, and the Railroad one. I got the HM one framed back home in a black frame with red "splatter" on it. It looks very creepy and very cool :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
Problem with those is....they're the small ones.
The ones I like (and have 2) are the full size ones, like 3x5ft. That's what used to hang in the tunnel before they went to the little ones.

Fun2BFree

I believe they charge around $28 or $35. I bought the Jungle Cruise poster at the Villains Section of World of Disney. I believe there are:

Haunted Mansion-They're dying to meet you.
Pirates of the Caribbean-Sail with the wildest crew that ever sacked the Spanish Main.
Jungle Cruise-Explore tropic rivers of Adventure.
WDW Railroad
It's a Small World

And maybe one more. I don't think I have the slogans right though. :shrug:

In addition to these, I have also saw Hall of Presidents and the New Tomorrowland's posters there for sale.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Problem with those is....they're the small ones.
The ones I like (and have 2) are the full size ones, like 3x5ft. That's what used to hang in the tunnel before they went to the little ones.

I want the full size painting/print of EPCOT Center that hangs in a backstage trailer conference room behind M:S. It's like 6-8ft wide.

Disneyfanman

Original Poster
They had three sizes. I bought the middle sized one (about 2X3) for 38.00. You can get smaller matted ones or larger on demand. We took it to Michaels and had it matted and framed for another 150.00. Not cheap but it looks absolutely terrific. They can frame them at the A.O.D, or print larger versions on poster paper, or put them on canvas for more money. The middle size one was about the size of a typical movie poster.

When you walk in, the "on demand" kiosks are just to the left side of the store. It took about 30 minutes to print.

I was DELIGHTED to find them. It's fun just to look at what is available. They had one for 20,000, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Pirates, The original Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents, WED People Mover, etc. Really fun.

elchippo

On my last trip, I had the Tiki Room, POTC and HM printed. Carrying them home on a plane in large, shady looking black tubes was an adventure.....lot of nervous stares:)

I got the largest sizes, trimmed the excessive white border down to 3/4" all around and they fit nicely into a 27" x 40" movie poster frame from michaels (which usually run $40 each but I got them for 40% off!). I'm excited to finally get them put up!

Boray

Anyone have pictures of these posters? I'd love to see them, perhaps I'll buy one (or more!) on my next visit to the world.

Please share any photos!!!! Thanks! :wave:

disney111

Anyone have pictures of these posters? I'd love to see them, perhaps I'll buy one (or more!) on my next visit to the world.

Please share any photos!!!! Thanks! :wave:

Here's the ones I have...they are not framed yet

5-2.png

5-1.png

5.png

WDWFigment

Here's the ones I have...they are not framed yet

5-2.png

5-1.png

5.png

Not all of the same ones that are available in the small size are available on demand (and vice-a-versa). Also, I'm fairly sure some have been discontinued. For instance, I ordered Tomorrowland, and wanted to order Country Bear Jamboree, but couldn't. Since, I have seen it on eBay.

Additionally, there are a lot more available on demand than have been mentioned here.

We went in November, and I still haven't matted and framed it. It's just so expensive to get done. I'm pondering ordering frames from http://www.frameusa.com/woodfram.htm but I want to know how reputable that site is...by chance has anyone here ordered from them?

alilance

My sister has a HUGE Magic Journeys Poster! It's really awesome!!! Her Ex got it for her but I'm not sure where! I think it was pretty expensive thought. It's like 6x4 ft.!!

Buried20KLeague

Art of Disney is good, but the Disney Gallery at Disneyland has a HUGE selection.

Until it closed... :lookaroun

Did they move everything somewhere else? I thought I had read they were going to move it somewhere on Main St., but that when they did, it wasn't the complete selection like it was in the Gallery.

Mr.EPCOT

Until it closed... :lookaroun

Did they move everything somewhere else? I thought I had read they were going to move it somewhere on Main St., but that when they did, it wasn't the complete selection like it was in the Gallery.

They have a temporary location at the exit to Great Moments wi*cough*the 50 Years of Disneyland exhibit, and are going to permanently (well, as permanently as things get at a Disney park) move into the Carnation Gardens.

imagine_82

We went in November, and I still haven't matted and framed it. It's just so expensive to get done. I'm pondering ordering frames from http://www.frameusa.com/woodfram.htm but I want to know how reputable that site is...by chance has anyone here ordered from them?

hmm...not good. my sister had ordered some framing from that site & it arrived all scratched. the customer service agent she spoke with said that all frames were final sale, so she had to eat the money & go with the shabby chic look. :shrug:

you'd be better off with hobby lobby or michael's during sale time. you can usually get a nice frame & mat for less, then buy the glass separately, and save save save. that's my trick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom