Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
If I started it and made a template, how easy would it be for someone else to insert the final write ups? Because it is a skill I've wanted to try to learn for a while, but I know my work schedule for Thurs and Friday is gonna mean I won't have a large chunk of time to compile everything on the due date.
It's pretty easy to copy and paste onto the site, for your first time I would make it easier and not break up the text with images. Have the images either on the side of the text or at the beginning or the end. It's just more annoying to have to make a ton of text boxes and break up your write-up...it takes much longer, so if you're pressed for time this will save time.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I think that would be super helpful! Old maps of MGM aren't always very clear o_Oo_O

The biggest struggle is where to put the Great Muppets Movie Ride. Based off of what I have seen, I think there are 3 realistic places:
  1. Replace the Premier Theater and area with the attraction (my least favourite option as it leaves the show building so "open")
  2. Put it in the area where Honey I Shrunk The Kids Adventure Playset is. It uses the idea of going through a facade into an attraction. The only worry here is how much room there really is and if there would be enough room for a proper queue
  3. If nothing else is going there, putting the attraction where LMA was. Tons of room at the end of the Streets of America that also helps cuts down the Backlot Tour (Although it'd be 12 years before they cut that part down)
I'm sure there are other areas I am just not thinking about currently so I would love a suggestion there! I figure the size of the attraction will be slightly smaller than the GMR show building.
Honestly, the premier Theater is probably the best space. Plenty of room and minimal disruptions. It's a theater that they stopped using around 2001 anyways. This would let @mickeyfan5534 have total freedom to either make more parades for Pocahontas and Hunchback or whatever he thinks would work best. Maybe new fountain shows with their sound tracks in Echo Lake? Like the Epcot Fountain shows but in a lake

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
It's pretty easy to copy and paste onto the site, for your first time I would make it easier and not break up the text with images. Have the images either on the side of the text or at the beginning or the end. It's just more annoying to have to make a ton of text boxes and break up your write-up...it takes much longer, so if you're pressed for time this will save time.
I'll work on a website if someone else can copy and paste stuff in. I whipped this up on my phone as a very rough quick start before work. Just to start to see how it works.

https://pionmycakewdw.wixsite.com/stanzaxiii-mgmupdate

AceAstro

Honestly, the premier Theater is probably the best space. Plenty of room and minimal disruptions. It's a theater that they stopped using around 2001 anyways. This would let @mickeyfan5534 have total freedom to either make more parades for Pocahontas and Hunchback or whatever he thinks would work best. Maybe new fountain shows with their sound tracks in Echo Lake? Like the Epcot Fountain shows but in a lake
Awesome! I’ll plan around it going there!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Now, with that theater and Doug live being demolished, maybe instead of demolishing Theater of the Stars (Beauty and the Beast) for Rocketeer, we keep that in place and cut Rocketeer. That way we still have at least one live theater stage.
Or I suppose with Fantasmic being used as a theater during the day time we could be fine.

Just realized that with cutting three theaters and not building playhouse Disney, the only shows left are mermaid and Indy.

D Hulk

Now, with that theater and Doug live being demolished, maybe instead of demolishing Theater of the Stars (Beauty and the Beast) for Rocketeer, we keep that in place and cut Rocketeer. That way we still have at least one live theater stage.
That Theater of the Stars area was likelier to be getting the Gangster EMV. The problem with that ride type - using Indy as reference - is the space it needs.

I'll keep playing with the map to see where it can fit. Was thinking daytime use at the F! theater could make up for the Theater of the Stars demo.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
That Theater of the Stars area was likelier to be getting the Gangster EMV. The problem with that ride type - using Indy as reference - is the space it needs.

I'll keep playing with the map to see where it can fit. Was thinking daytime use at the F! theater could make up for the Theater of the Stars demo.
That works, on scribble maps there seems to be enough space between Sunset and F! for EMV, Griffith Park, and Rocketeer if we demolish Theater of the Stars. Enough for Gangster EMV if we keep thater of the stars with a Griffith Park and no Rocketeer on the other side of Tower of Terror.

9TpeFNF.png

But I trust your judgement completely if I'm not seeing it right or if you need more room than I'm seeing. And like you said, daytime show in F! can make up for theater of the stars. I keep forgetting about that being a full day theater lol

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
That works, on scribble maps there seems to be enough space between Sunset and F! for EMV, Griffith Park, and Rocketeer if we demolish Theater of the Stars. Enough for Gangster EMV if we keep thater of the stars with a Griffith Park and no Rocketeer on the other side of Tower of Terror.

9TpeFNF.png

But I trust your judgement completely if I'm not seeing it right or if you need more room than I'm seeing. And like you said, daytime show in F! can make up for theater of the stars. I keep forgetting about that being a full day theater lol
Both those squares are about the same size and both big enough to at least fit Dinosaur from Dak if I'm not seeing things wrong

AceAstro

So I am not home so this is just a rough draft on my phone (pro tip: Google Earth on the iPhone has DHS pre-deconstruction)

Just to give an idea of the area:
34962932_1676207075794136_8743107428016455680_n.jpg

My edits:
Muppet Rough Draft.jpg

Thoughts? I didn't touch the backlot tour/ LMA as that can be left for other things or to stay as part of the Backlot tour of that time.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So I am not home so this is just a rough draft on my phone (pro tip: Google Earth on the iPhone has DHS pre-deconstruction)

Just to give an idea of the area:
View attachment 289223

My edits:
View attachment 289224

Thoughts? I didn't touch the backlot tour/ LMA as that can be left for other things or to stay as part of the Backlot tour of that time.
I like this. It leaves the little courtyard at the end as generically NY Street so special stuff like ninja turtles and ace Ventura and Power Rangers can still go there.

One thought, Pizza Planet wasn't a restaurant yet, we could always put Kemrit and Miss Piggy apartment in that multilevel building that is at the time just exhibit space. That way we don't need to demolish the playground. And then maybe just add a food stand next to Mama Melrose that can share it's kitchen. That has never been a popular quick service location. Especially with Commissary, the Cantina, and the catering company all nearby (catering company is a small quick service between honey I shrunk the kid's and Backlot). Even after the very nice PizzaRizzo retheme and now having decent food it is only open half day for lunch and usually pretty empty even during the lunch rush.

that way we can still leave the playground to round out the Backlot section of the park and have another varied experience for young guests.

or we burn honey I shrunk the kid's and it's giant insects to the ground as punishment for scaring me as a toddler. I'm fine either way.

other than that one thought that I'm throwing out, I adore the idea and can't wait to see how it comes to be!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
What if the targets for the shooting gallery are the droids from SW1? They are produced in an abandoned factory within the Imperial
Academy in Tattoine, however Boba Fett wants to steal something from the Academy, so he makes the Factory malfunctions, so we must destroy those droids and stop Boba Fett?
The droids were to that era of star wars what the minions were before the minion movie.

Adorable, popular, mostly well liked, loved by kids.

Having the training take place in an old Droid factory where the empire is using them for target practice seems amazing to me. And having Boba Fett disrupt it and serve as the villain is great! Does that work timeline wise though? Wasn't Fett working for the Empire at this time? Or am I remembering things wrong?

I could very well be remembering that wrong, I live star wars, but I've never been an obsessive fan.

AceAstro

I like this. It leaves the little courtyard at the end as generically NY Street so special stuff like ninja turtles and ace Ventura and Power Rangers can still go there.

One thought, Pizza Planet wasn't a restaurant yet, we could always put Kemrit and Miss Piggy apartment in that multilevel building that is at the time just exhibit space. That way we don't need to demolish the playground. And then maybe just add a food stand next to Mama Melrose that can share it's kitchen. That has never been a popular quick service location. Especially with Commissary, the Cantina, and the catering company all nearby (catering company is a small quick service between honey I shrunk the kid's and Backlot). Even after the very nice PizzaRizzo retheme and now having decent food it is only open half day for lunch and usually pretty empty even during the lunch rush.

that way we can still leave the playground to round out the Backlot section of the park and have another varied experience for young guests.

or we burn honey I shrunk the kid's and it's giant insects to the ground as punishment for scaring me as a toddler. I'm fine either way.

other than that one thought that I'm throwing out, I adore the idea and can't wait to see how it comes to be!
That’s a good point. Although wasn’t that building already themed to some like Power and Water company? That’d be harder to theme to apartments than a “rat” restaurant

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
That’s a good point. Although wasn’t that building already themed to some like Power and Water company? That’d be harder to theme to apartments than a “rat” restaurant
True, it was themed as a factory. I don't think it would cost more to retheme that facade than it would to demolish honey I shrunk the kid's and enclose a showspace there.

But honestly I'm fine with either location. I'd personally lean a bit more towards keep the playground, but I'm not against putting the apartments there. It would give you a bit more space to work with making the walk through (even if just on one floor instead if two. Unless we added a second floor)

DisneyFan18

The droids were to that era of star wars what the minions were before the minion movie.

Adorable, popular, mostly well liked, loved by kids.

Having the training take place in an old Droid factory where the empire is using them for target practice seems amazing to me. And having Boba Fett disrupt it and serve as the villain is great! Does that work timeline wise though? Wasn't Fett working for the Empire at this time? Or am I remembering things wrong?

I could very well be remembering that wrong, I live star wars, but I've never been an obsessive fan.
I believe he begins working for te Empire after the battle of Hoth. And this would be set around Episode IV, so it works. However at the end Darth Vader can appear to help us defeat Boba Fett, but we end up shooting him by mistake so he “fires” us because we let Boba Fett escape?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I believe he begins working for te Empire after the battle of Hoth. And this would be set around Episode IV, so it works. However at the end Darth Vader can appear to help us defeat Boba Fett, but we end up shooting him by mistake so he “fires” us because we let Boba Fett escape?
I like that! Darth Vader is a simple animatronic to make too cuz he has no visible skin or moving mouth. Just a simple costume.

And having his booming voice say something like "You are unworthy to serve the glory of the empire" would send chills down my spine lol

mickeyfan5534

This was the plan. I'm thinking a Disney Mania type show in the day and then attempt a Fantasmic that blows Disneyland out of the water.

To my understanding, we're down to Mermaid, Indy, Theatre of the Stars till 1999(?) and then Fantasmic/Hollywood Hills in 2001.

Total entertainment wise I'm thinking
Construction:
1995: Mermaid Theatre closed and expanded into Animation to serve as a more YAAAAZZZZZZZZZ WERK sized theatre and with the tour basically adios anyways. (An idea used from my 50th ideas) An Animation exhibit can go in the Playhouse Disney space if that's available or I can scale that idea back.
1996: Mermaid Theatre reopens.
1997: Indy Theatre closes and gets made over into Star Wars (is that still a thing?)
1999: Theatre of the Stars Closes and Hollywood Hills work starts. Goofy About Hollywood is transformed into a streetshow and moved to the Great Movie Ride Courtyard.
2001: Hollywood Hills opens

Parades (all working titles)
1995: Pocahontas Parade (over it's run, features Sleeping Beauty (re-released in theatres), Toy Story, Muppet Treasure Island, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and 101 Dalmatians preparades)
1997: Hercules Parade (over it's run, features The Little Mermaid (re-released in theatres), Mary Poppins (home video release), Beauty and the Beast (Enchanted Christmas release), Mulan, A Bug's Life, and Tarzan preparades)
1999: Toy Story 2 Parade (over it's run, features Fantasia 2000, The Jungle Book (home video release), The Tigger Movie, The Three Caballeros (home video release), Alice in Wonderland (home video release), and The Emperor's New Groove preparades
2001: 100 Years of Magic Parade

Mermaid Theatre Shows (all working titles)
1996: The Hunchback of Notre Dame
1998: Mulan
2000: Fantasia

Theatre of the Stars Shows (working titles)
1997: Goofy About Hollywood

Nighttime Shows
1995: Symphony in the Stars
1998: Animagic
2001: Fantasmic

Last edited:

D Hulk

This was the plan. I'm thinking a Disney Mania type show in the day and then attempt a Fantasmic that blows Disneyland out of the water.

To my understanding, we're down to Mermaid, Indy, Theatre of the Stars till 1999(?) and then Fantasmic/Hollywood Hills in 2001.

Total entertainment wise I'm thinking
Construction:
1995: Mermaid Theatre closed and expanded into Animation to serve as a more YAAAAZZZZZZZZZ WERK sized theatre and with the tour basically adios anyways. (An idea used from my 50th ideas) An Animation exhibit can go in the Playhouse Disney space if that's available or I can scale that idea back.
1996: Mermaid Theatre reopens.
1997: Indy Theatre closes and gets made over into Star Wars (is that still a thing?)
1999: Theatre of the Stars Closes and Hollywood Hills work starts
2001: Hollywood Hills opens

Parades (all working titles)
1995: Pocahontas Parade (over it's run, features Sleeping Beauty (re-released in theatres), Toy Story, Muppet Treasure Island, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and 101 Dalmatians preparades)
1997: Hercules Parade (over it's run, features The Little Mermaid (re-released in theatres), Mary Poppins (home video release), Beauty and the Beast (Enchanted Christmas release), Mulan, A Bug's Life, and Tarzan preparades)
1999: Toy Story 2 Parade (over it's run, features Fantasia 2000, The Jungle Book (home video release), The Tigger Movie, The Three Caballeros (home video release), Alice in Wonderland (home video release), and The Emperor's New Groove preparades
2001: 100 Years of Magic Parade

Mermaid Theatre Shows (all working titles)
1996: The Hunchback of Notre Dame
1998: Mulan
2000: Fantasia

Theatre of the Stars Shows (all working titles)
1997: Goofy About Hollywood

Nighttime Shows
1995: Symphony in the Stars
1998: Animagic
2001: Fantasmic
I'm liking all your entertainment ideas. Really looking forward to the daytime Disney Mania stuff happening in the Fantasmic theater.

Since we're building the F! venue from scratch (and I'm not too familiar with how it looks now), we can take some visual liberties with it. In keeping with Sunset's Hollywood Hills vibe, I was thinking of taking design inspiration from the John Anson Ford Amphitheater. (That's more obscure than Hollywood Bowl, but it really evinces the Golden Hollywood feel,) How do you feel about this theater design, mickeyfan?
7.-Ford-Theatres-Entrance_TomBonner.jpg

6._amphitheatre_interior.jpg

VUILT6KVPVHMLPHAGAY5DTKDPI.jpg

With some liberties taken to add the moat element and everything else F! needs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom