Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

FigmentPigments

Hollywood Cemetery would be epic, though could be kinda grim.
I think this would be a cool idea. The further back you go the older the cemetery becomes until guests notice some of the graves have been dug up and opened. Eventually they come upon the "castle" of young Frankenstein.

Welcomed into the castle by eerie assistants, they board a long train of tour cars, and are off to meet the doctor and his newest creation, but the monster breaks loose, chasing the guests out of the castle. Could be a roller coaster to replace Rock n Rollercoaster or be a simple wild mouse coaster.

FigmentPigments

So @Voxel, @pixie_princess, our glorious leaders, have you been able to keep up with the various brainstorms we’re all flinging about?

Many of us (at a minimum myself, @DisneyFan18, & @Pionmycake) have some rather disparate, ambitious parkwide schemes. Perhaps our PMs ought to make a final call on which lands and ideas we’re going forward with. Maybe by the day’s end?
I agree, brainstorming for rides and the like that won't even be used depending on the park direction seems little "wasteful". If we could focus on a direction, I think we could really get going. :geek:

Voxel

President of Progress City
Okay so I'm gonna drive things a bit different than just singing ride Ideas. I think we need consistence, I don't think we want a Star Tours attraction right next door from Hello Kitty Hollywood Limo. (Extreme example I know) so I'm going to as as for Lands and where to put theme. Also Let us assume the New Hollwood Studios Foot Print ( we can make some modification along the border, but Toy Story lands location can be used).

I want to hear Land Suggests and what rides/themes you would see there and a possible location.

Star wars Land (This would be a give)
Muppets Studio (Another Gives)

This is more what I'm looking for:
L.A. Noire
Location : Sunset Blvd, or near the main entrance where the Fantasmic Exit is.
Theming : The old LA Noire hollywood feel
Attraction Ideas: Richard Tracey, Maybe a Speak Easy Bar, A gangsta Car race, etc.

Does this make sense and or help?
Here is a template.
Name/Theme
Attraction Ideas:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
@Pionmycake - An entire land dedicated to silent film? What various attractions did you have in mind for this land?

i was mostly just thinking of including silent films in the 1920s area. Like the redo of Sunset Blvd. Like a stage show or walkthrough exhibit. Or at least some streetmosphere with some special sets/props built into the street. Then have a jazz club restaurant, the gangster/noir ride and whatever else old Hollywood/1920s themed

FigmentPigments

Okay so I'm gonna drive things a bit different than just singing ride Ideas. I think we need consistence, I don't think we want a Star Tours attraction right next door from Hello Kitty Hollywood Limo. (Extreme example I know) so I'm going to as as for Lands and where to put theme. Also Let us assume the New Hollwood Studios Foot Print ( we can make some modification along the border, but Toy Story lands location can be used).

I want to hear Land Suggests and what rides/themes you would see there and a possible location.

L.A. Noire
Attraction Ideas: Richard Tracey, Maybe a Speak Easy Bar, A gangsta Car race, etc.

Here is a template.
Name/Theme
Attraction Ideas:

Maroon Studios
Location: Offshoot of Sunset Blvd (where Rock n' Rollercoaster is?)
Theming: Maroon Studios from Roger Rabbit with smaller land of Toon Town
Attractions: Trolley Transport Ride from this area to an adjacent land, Acme Warehouse full of interactive props, Ink & Paint Restaurant, Tunnel to Toon Town to meet Roger, Mickey and Friends, Better version of the Roger Rabbit Ride, Eddie Valiant office (meet and greet), and Runaway Trolley or Don't Get Dipped game/ride (?)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

L.A. Noire

Here is a template.
Name/Theme
Attraction Ideas:
I think this is great, I'll use the template to pitch some stuff once I'm back home (had to run some errands).

I think we also need to consider scale of this project though. DCA 2.0 included, if I'm not mistaken,
-1 new land (1 big ride, 2 flat rides)
-1 redone land
-2 new rides
-1 new nighttime show

This is the scale of project we were told to emulate.

I worry tearing up the whole (at that time still new and popular) back of the park for three new lands and a giant lake may be a bit extreme. Fantastic. But a bit too much.

D Hulk

Note that I'm going fully Blue Sky at the moment, just throwing out tons of ideas to see what we like.

Sunset Boulevard / Hollywood Hills
Land Theme
: 1940s-50s; Residential hills overlooking Hollywood (Hollywood Sign, Griffith Park, etc.)
Attraction Ideas: Tower of Terror
Beauty & the Beast Live on Stage
(possible retheme to a vintage Hollywood musical revue)
Trackless dark ride - celeb mansion / enchanted projector (tent. name: Villa Vortex)
Rocketeer coaster or flight sim (located in Griffith Observatory)
TBD Nightmare Before Christmas attraction (set in Hollywood Cemetery alongside TOT)
Streetmosphere (on location film shoots, maybe in the slapstick silent style)

Maroon Studios
Theme: Roger Rabbit studios where famous toons perform
Attraction Ideas: Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin (clone from Disneyland)
Ink & Paint Club (show venue using “Musion” projected cartoon characters)
Red Car Trolley (transportation ride to nearby lands)
The Terminal Bar (restaurant, a speakeasy alongside the Red Car station)
The Magic of Disney Animation (existing attraction, real live animation studio)
Mickey Mouse dark ride (Fantasyland style, ride through Mickey filming his famous shorts)
Additional similar dark rides? (for other famous Disney stars)

L.A. Noire (not final name)
Theme: Noir, pulpy downtown Los Angeles (1920s-40s)
Attraction Ideas: Richard Tracy’s Crime Stoppers (EMV thrill dark ride)
Drag race thrill ride (1940s hot rod culture + the "chickie run" from Rebel Without a Cause)
El Train roller coaster (more gangster craziness)
Chinatown attraction (discover mythic Chinese creatures living in Chinatown's hidden recesses)
"Tail of the Pup" restaurant

Muppet City
: Streets of America area slightly rethemed
Theme: The Muppets’ neighborhood in Hollywood
Attraction Ideas: MuppetVision 3D (existing centerpiece)The Great Muppet Movie Ride (interactive dark ride, guests control a movie camera rig)
Various Muppets’ homes (walkthroughs with interactive elements including a “Turtle Talk” style Fozzie)
Great Gonzo flying spinner (if we need a spinner)
Swedish Chef’s restaurant
Electric Mayhem show venue (@AceAstro has more)

Star Wars Land (not final name)
Location: Echo Lake area rethemed to Tatoine, entry through a soundstage for transition
Theme: Harry Potter
Attraction Ideas: Star Tours (still here)
Jabba’s Stunt Show (Indy Stunt Show rethemes to a battle over the Sarlacc pit)
Pod Racers thrill ride (coaster, or Test Track)
Cantina (restaurant and show venue)
Live streetmosphere involving Jedi and Storm Troopers

Indiana Jones Land (not final name)
Theme: Indy & the City of Atlantis
Attraction Ideas: Indy Atlantis E-ticket (ride type TBD)
Temple of Peril coaster clone (that’s a lame ride, but it’s realistic)
Archaeological ruins playground (Tom Sawyer Island quality)
Big old lagoon where a Fantasmic-style show can happen
Etc?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom