Orange Chicken from Lotus Blossom at EPCOT - URGENT!!!!!!!

disneytati

Original Poster
Hey, guys!!!!
I've been away from the boards for so long, that I'm not sure if anyone here knows me....
Well, I am Tatiana and I am from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
I am 6 months pregnant now, and I REALLY crave for EPCOT's Orange Chicken, from Lotus Blossom Cafe.
My aunt and my sister are in Orlando, and they will try to get into the park to buy it for me. Then, they'll freeze it and bring it on the plane.
But the question is: Do they sell it to go? Do you guys know anything bout it? Do you think they'll be able to enter the park without having to buy a ticket? (just to buy the chicken and get out...)
Thanks!!!!:wave:

Mukta

Hey, guys!!!!
I've been away from the boards for so long, that I'm not sure if anyone here knows me....
Well, I am Tatiana and I am from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
I am 6 months pregnant now, and I REALLY crave for EPCOT's Orange Chicken, from Lotus Blossom Cafe.
My aunt and my sister are in Orlando, and they will try to get into the park to buy it for me. Then, they'll freeze it and bring it on the plane.
But the question is: Do they sell it to go? Do you guys know anything bout it? Do you think they'll be able to enter the park without having to buy a ticket? (just to buy the chicken and get out...)
Thanks!!!!:wave:

It is a quick service place, so they can take tupperware and fill it with the orange chicken. They will need a park ticket to enter and purchase the food.

In the meantime, here is a recipe to make your own

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/asian-orange-chicken/Detail.aspx

bellissimo

Oiiii, tudo bem? :wave:

Unfortunatley, I don't think your relatives will be allowed to go into the park without buying tickets. Have you ever tried the chicken anywhere else but at Disney? I'm sure there are some good Chinese places to buy Orange Chicken in Miami that isn't as expensive as going into Disney just to buy chicken, and if not, you could always go for some China in box? :lol:

disneytati

Original Poster
Oiiii, tudo bem? :wave:

Unfortunatley, I don't think your relatives will be allowed to go into the park without buying tickets. Have you ever tried the chicken anywhere else but at Disney? I'm sure there are some good Chinese places to buy Orange Chicken in Miami that isn't as expensive as going into Disney just to buy chicken, and if not, you could always go for some China in box? :lol:

China in Box????? It is not even close!!!! LOL

Yes, I have tried the chicken of other places, and if I can't get it at EPCOT I'll have to get it somewhere else. But the one from EPCOT is my favorite....

tigsmom

It is a quick service place, so they can take tupperware and fill it with the orange chicken. They will need a park ticket to enter and purchase the food.

In the meantime, here is a recipe to make your own

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/asian-orange-chicken/Detail.aspx

We have a very large, long running recipe thread right here and I know it's posted because I posted it :wave:

Hey Tati!

They will not be able to get in without a pass but here is a link to the recipe used in the Lotus Blossom.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=971959&postcount=426

Thank you very much!!! :kiss:

Congratulations tati! ((HUGS))

disneytati

Original Poster
panda express is out of the picture?

I have never been there... Is it similar to the one at EPCOT? I've tried the orange chicken from other places and I like them, but thery are different from the one at Lotus Blossom... I don't know... It seems that the one at EPCOT has a stronger taste than the others... The sauce is more... more red, I think... LOL

I know! :lol:

Do you know if you're having a boy or a girl? Congratulations!

I am having a boy!!!!! And he doesn't stop kicking me!! LOL
You have no idea how much I need this orange chicken...:lol: And there is NO orange chicken down here in Brazil!!!!! Not even close....

disneytati

Original Poster
We have a very large, long running recipe thread right here and I know it's posted because I posted it :wave:

Thank you very much!!! :kiss:

Congratulations tati! ((HUGS))

Hey, thanks!!!!

As for the recipes... well... actually... I am not such a good cook! LOL

mikeymouse

I can see why you are craving this ... it is soooo good. I like Chinese, but I'm not really a big fan and this stuff is the bomb for a QSR.

TurkA77

Food thats frozen, makes the car ride to airport, sits in your luggage while you wait for the plane, sits in the belly of the plane for a long flight to Brazil, makes the drive from airport to home and is then re-heated in a microwave is not going to taste remotely close to the same as when it is fresh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom