Opinions on the Menu Announced for "Be Our Guest"

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
From today's Disney Blog update on the forthcoming "Be Our Guest" restaurant (ADRs to be taken in "late August" for a "holidays" opening):

Counter Service lunch menu to include:
Tuna Niçoise Salad,
Croque Monsieur sandwich with carved ham, Gruyere cheese, béchamel and french fries
Carved turkey on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise and french fries
Grilled steak sandwich with garlic butter spread, and french fries
Braised pork
Vegetable quiche
Quinoa, shallot and chive salad.

Table Service dinner menu to include:
Appetizers:
Charcuterie plate
Mussels steamed in white wine
French onion or potato leek soup
Salad with champagne vinaigrette
Salad trio with three mini tastes of roasted beet, raisins and orange; green beans, tomatoes and roasted shallots; and watermelon, radish and mint.
Entrees:
Thyme-scented pork rack chop with au gratin pasta
Rotisserie rock hen with roasted fingerling potatoes
Pan-seared salmon in leek fondue
Grilled strip steak with french fries
Sautéed shrimp and scallops with veggies in puff pastry with creamy lobster sauce
Oven-baked ratatouille.
Desserts:
Cupcakes: strawberry cream cheese or triple chocolate
Chocolate cream puff or passion fruit cream puff

Kids:
Lunch -carved turkey sandwich, roasted pulled pork, Mickey meatloaf, seared mahi mahi, or whole-grain macaroni topped with marinara and mozzarella
Dinner - grilled steak, grilled fish of the day, whole-grain macaroni or grilled chicken breast.

What are your opinions of the menu? Anything you are longing to try (or feel you've already had at WDW)?

NYwdwfan

I love that you can order at a kiosk - like at Captain Cooks and probably other places - and then sit and relax with your party waiting for the food. It will speed up the ordering process and eliminate the whole "saving tables" argument.

bhg469

I surprised to see that lunch is quick service. The options sound very good. Cupcakes are a trend I want to see die however. As a treat they're fine but a dessert they are uninspiring and very easy to disappoint.

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
While it most likely won't be open why I'm there in October, I do look forward to that seafood-and-veggie puffed pastry and the ratatouille someday. The appetizers are so tempting (the salad trio in particular), I might just want to order one even if it wasn't on the dining plan...

I am sorry they decided not to include any cheese souffle or flambe' desserts (or "gray stuff"), but I doubt the head chef wanted to have the menu dictated by a lyricist. As wdwmagic already said, at least we're not seeing chicken nuggets or -- my worst fear -- nothing but "french fries" and "french bread pizza"!

NYwdwfan

While it most likely won't be open why I'm there in October, I do look forward to that seafood-and-veggie puffed pastry and the ratatouille someday. The appetizers are so tempting (the salad trio in particular), I might just want to order one even if it wasn't on the dining plan...

I am sorry they decided not to include any cheese souffle or flambe' desserts (or "gray stuff"), but I doubt the head chef wanted to have the menu dictated by a lyricist. As wdwmagic already said, at least we're not seeing chicken nuggets or -- my worst fear -- nothing but "french fries" and "french bread pizza"!

That would be the "Better off Dead" restaurant:

LowesChevy

The counter service lunch menu offerings are different from the other selections in the park. Seems like a nice cross between Wolfgang Puck Cafe Express and the Contempo Cafe offerings. The dinner is right along par with other table service offereings-a great addition to the MK. I am always up for a charcuterie plate!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I think the menu sounds great, can't wait to try it out, although I doubt it will be open during my upcoming trip at the end of September, so...next year! :D

Semantje

Looks like a nice less upscale french restaurant. Maybe a bit less fancier than bistro de paris for example. Can't wait to see the full menu! I guess this will be a 1 credit dinner right? I will add it to my list of restaurants to do!

PolynesianPrincess

I'm glad the offerings are different than other QS places in MK. We may try it for lunch. Dinner doesn't sound too appetizing to me (except for the steak) and I know my picky eater of a sister won't want anything on the menu. But glad they are trying different stuff out!

Joshua&CalebDad

I can't wait to try out the restaurant. I actually had some extra table service credits left to use for our upcoming trip in late November so now I know where I can use them. I can't wait till August to make the reservations.

I'm looking forward to trying the braised pork or steak sandwich.

kap91

I'm just glad they're going Disneyland style with food really themed to the location and real tableware.

Menu sounds pretty good too (I'm a sucker for French Onion though), although I agree with the cupcake comment. They're nice but I'd prefer something else. Can't wait till I can get inside.

MissM

Eh, I'm about 50/50 on it. I'm intrigued but several of the choices are not my kind of food. I'm a pretty basic gal when it comes to food choices. I also can't eat pork (makes me sick) and don't like seafood so there's some things on the menu that wouldn't ever apply to me. But, I'm interested in the carved turkey and grilled steak for example. My biggest thing is being able to order things either on the side or plain since I prefer to add as I want or not. Disney is usually pretty good about letting you order things plain/on the side at other QS for example, so I don't think it would be an issue.

I do think it's good they are trying for new things even if it's not all things I personally would order. I think diversity is always a positive in the parks when it comes to dining. And I also like having real plates as well. Seems about time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom