Opinions on Hoop-De-Doo?

GoochDSA

I have been to the Hoop-Dee-Doo several times, most recently this past December as well. I will also be going later this month when I am in town for a convention (not at Disney but we are taking the trip to Hoop-Dee-Doo with some customers). It is well worth the cost. The show is entertaining, the food is good and the beer and wine is unlimited :drevil:. It is a must "doo" for my whole family whenever any of us go. If you want to save a few bucks, get seats in Tier 3. The seats are upstairs and off the the side but you still get a great view of the show and the cast still interacts with guests upstairs.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
All I can say is there is a very good reason that it is one of the longest running shows in WDW history. The show it great, the food is delicious and cast is incredible. Definitely a must do.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I've been going to Hoop Dee Doo since I was a small child and still love it EVERY time.

...Strawberry Shortcake is the best of all :slurp:

rsoxguy

I have been twice and enjoyed it both times. Its hokey, but tons of fun. Get a seat downstairs on the main floor- its well worth the extra cost.

docnabox

I have been three times before and we are going in October for our family trip and am sorta excited to see what the opinions of the newcomers will be. It is hokey, cornball and silly but still a good and entertaining show.

I would agree about spending the money and paying more for a higher tier seat. When we went the last time, we were dismayed to have been seated on the right side of the auditorium on the balcony. It was pretty cramped (but I am 6'5") and there was a support post behind my brother such that after eating when he turned to see the show, he had to lean around it.

If you are going to go to something like this that you have not ever seen, I would not skimp if you can afford it and just pay the extra to get the better view.

luvlifeinfl

We are going to it for our 1st time in Nov. We cannot wait, what sold us was the unlimited Beer & Wine ( was told by our DVC guide that it is Sangria:slurp:).

zurgandfriend

We went to the Hoop-de-do during our son’s first trip in 2005. My brother-in law goes to it every year, my sister in- law and mother in-law went to it and they all raved about it and told my son what a great time he would have. During the show, right after we had eaten the main course, I felt a tug at my sleeve and my then seven year old said “Dad this is boring, let’s skip dessert and hit the Magic Kingdom.” I told him no it would be impolite to leave in the middle of the show. At the end of the show he turned to me and said “Well that’s 2 hours of my life I’ll never get back.”

Atomicmickey

We loved Hoop Dee Doo and will probably do it again when we return in October.

One big caveat--if you are on the dining plan, the only seats you can get are on the second floor on the balcony. That's a bummer to me, I would really like to be on the main floor.

They won't let you pay the difference and upgrade, either, you'd need to pay the full amount.

But, yes, it's expensive. It is funny and fun, though, my kids loved it.

enough

what would you say is the minimum age for the Hoop De Doo show? I want to take my kids when we're down there, but my youngest will only be 2 years 20 months... is that too young?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
what would you say is the minimum age for the Hoop De Doo show? I want to take my kids when we're down there, but my youngest will only be 2 years 20 months... is that too young?
As long as they can handle a 2 hour dinner without getting to fussy I would say take them. Sure they might not get what is going on but you will have a great time and there is nothing quite as cute as the messy face of a 2 year old that has been going to town on BB-Q ribs.

harryk

We loved Hoop Dee Doo and will probably do it again when we return in October.

One big caveat--if you are on the dining plan, the only seats you can get are on the second floor on the balcony. That's a bummer to me, I would really like to be on the main floor.

They won't let you pay the difference and upgrade, either, you'd need to pay the full amount.

But, yes, it's expensive. It is funny and fun, though, my kids loved it.
Still worth it -- save the Dining Plan points for another day - have an upscale meal at Jiko's or where-ever. Really worth it....

Goofycanuck

Is this new for 2009?, because we were able to get category 2 seats on the main floor for a show last October using the dining plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom