Opinions on Hoop-De-Doo?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We loved Hoop Dee Doo and will probably do it again when we return in October.

One big caveat--if you are on the dining plan, the only seats you can get are on the second floor on the balcony. That's a bummer to me, I would really like to be on the main floor.

They won't let you pay the difference and upgrade, either, you'd need to pay the full amount.

But, yes, it's expensive. It is funny and fun, though, my kids loved it.

Is this new for 2009?, because we were able to get category 2 seats on the main floor for a show last October using the dining plan.
You can still get either cat 2 or 3 seating with the DDP.

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw/images2003/languagespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/2009Dining.pdf

Atomicmickey

Well, um, huh. Is there a map of the hall?

Because when we went, our category 2 seats were on the second level.

Any way to make sure you're on the main floor?

Atomicmickey

Gotcha, thanks.

Yeah, if I was going to go again I'd really rather be on the main floor.

I guess we'll just have to take our chances, I suspect like room requests and such, there's not much you can do to make sure you're in a certain place.

RiversideBunny

The tables for that show used to be assigned according to how early the reservations were made.
People who reserved way ahead, months and months, got the front row tables.
Those who reserved at the last moment got the broom closet.

:)

TakeMeThere81

I LOVED and HIGHLY recommend the Hoop De Doo! All the tables have great views and audience interaction. There was MORE than enough food, great entertainment and I even got chosen to participate in the last number onstage, in costume and all! Great fun, do it!

Debbie

In the 80's and early 90's; we went so often we recognized the actors! I wonder if any are still around? I know one went on to be a model for QVC.

disneynut4u

Your 2 year old might enjoy the antics on stage, with the laughing, singing, etc.

I was worried my 15 year old wouldn't enjoy it when we went this past May. I was afraid he wouldn't get into it or think he was too "cool" for this kind of thing. HE HAD A BLAST!!! We heard "bear" jokes for days!!! He even got into the washboard at the end of the show.

We are going back next April, taking some of my nieces & nephews. We brought up dining options, and asked for his input. He adamantly said we HAVE to do Hoop. I mentioned that the younger ones might not get into it. He said he didn't care if they would or not. HE was going.

So it was DEFINITELY worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom