Opening WDW with Social Distancing

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Can't wait for everything to be shut down again once cases and deaths spike. All cause money is more important.
‘Merica!!
Hey, if you want to SCUBA dive, you have to breathe through a regulator. No regulator, no SCUBA diving.

So, similarly, if you want to go to Disney, you'll have to breathe through a mask.
Hello, strawman...

How often are you diving in 97 degree temperatures under water?

ZoneOfTheEnder

Can't wait for everything to be shut down again once cases and deaths spike. All cause money is more important.
Any and all deaths caused by an illness is tragic and devastating for families and friends. Statistically the death toll for Covid19 is a sub fractional number of the 7.8 billion people on the earth. So is it a “pandemic”?
The problem we face is that by doing this “Stay at Home” thing we have subverted the natural process of developing herd immunity (which is the sharing of antibodies by contact, direct and indirect). So it is highly possible that developing a resistance to Covid19 is being postponed that might cause new flairs. To add to the problem is monetary greed and more significantly that once you let the genie out of the bottle unforseen consequences are highly likely.
If your sick or have symptoms stay home should of been the message not everyone stay home. This has and is destroying the economy.
For our own sanity the choice is not to go to WDW and wait for the investigators to provide their analysis if this “pandemic” thing is justified by facts.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Any and all deaths caused by an illness is tragic and devastating for families and friends. Statistically the death toll for Covid19 is a sub fractional number of the 7.8 billion people on the earth. So is it a “pandemic”?
The problem we face is that by doing this “Stay at Home” thing we have subverted the natural process of developing herd immunity (which is the sharing of antibodies by contact, direct and indirect). So it is highly possible that developing a resistance to Covid19 is being postponed that might cause new flairs. To add to the problem is monetary greed and more significantly that once you let the genie out of the bottle unforseen consequences are highly likely.
If your sick or have symptoms stay home should of been the message not everyone stay home. This has and is destroying the economy.
For our own sanity the choice is not to go to WDW and wait for the investigators to provide their analysis if this “pandemic” thing is justified by facts.
I mostly agree...

As far as “destroying the economy”...let’s not BS...the economy has been setting itself up for this for decades. Over consumption, over leveraged, Lack Of widespread opportunity...

The economy is not rigged to handle any real hardship....but it is very much rigged.

“House of cards” comes to mind

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm glad NY and California are taking to slow.
I’m interested to see how the different paces will or will not affect specifically wdw...

The greatest number of cases are being generated from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Connecticut...in that order.

Anyone want to take a guess where a rather disproportionate amount of wdw’s Business comes from? specifically DVC?

Poppinsfan05

In the Parks
No
I think the one problem with your statement is from the beginning of all this they have said many people could have zero symptoms and still be a carrier of the virus.

TrainsOfDisney

If Disney requires a mask that's life.

That’s one small piece of the puzzle. If I had to wear a cloth face mask but everything else is the Disney that I love... let’s go! Even if it’s annoying to wear and goofy* to see on other people it’s a small thing to deal with.

But add it to no entertainment, no characters, no play areas, limited access to restaurants and shops, limited transportation, reservations only for attractions, possible temperature screening, forced use of app for everything from ordering a dole whip to checking into the hotel. Eh.. how many people want to pay Disney dollars to “deal with” it??

*copyright and patend pending “Disney’s Goofy Mask”

Parker in NYC

Not a ton...

But the heat makes people do even more stupid things...

The climate in Orlando isn’t the “asset”
They designed it to be other than maximum window to make money.

And it’s much harder to keep a mask on in that humidity. I took a walk on one of our nicer days recently and I saw plenty of people taking their masks down for breaks compared to our usual spring weather. Sounds like a match made for the Florida swamp.

Lilofan

And it’s much harder to keep a mask on in that humidity. I took a walk on one of our nicer days recently and I saw plenty of people taking their masks down for breaks compared to our usual spring weather. Sounds like a match made for the Florida swamp.
I can see Walt Disney's quote posted on the tickets and at the entrance of the parks.
" It's kind of fun to do the impossible".😉

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
OK, how 'bout this... if you want to go skiing, you have to wear the boots and skis. No boots and skis, no skiing.

No mask, no WDW. Your choice. You don't want to wear a mask, go to Sicks Flags instead.
I’m not sure things will be “less safe” at Great America. My experiences with Disney customers have told be that it will be so
Well, WDW just raised the minimum pieces of flair, I guess. Warning: Clip is PG-13 for profanity and rude gestures

Nobody wants to slide by with just the bare minimum

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom