Opening date for New Fantasyland announced

ExtinctJenn

I was beyond thrilled when I saw the posts all over the place (from the tons of Dis sites I follow on FB etc.) that the dates had been announced. Yes I was under a rock yesterday obviously. :D For once we made the right decision when planning a trip. We decided to skip our 2012 trip in favor of waiting to make another visit after "the walls came down" and were hoping that everything would be on schedule for that to happen before 2013. Sounds like it is! Now I feel a lot more confident in working out plans to go sometime in February/March! Sure I know we'll still have walls to deal with when it comes to the mine train but being able to wander the expansion area will be great regardless. Psyched!

MM311

I was bummed all night about this since we are going Nov 9-16, but then I realized I have loved every previous trip to WDW without the Fantasyland Expansion, and I'm pretty sure this trip will be no different. But it would have been nice just to walk through the finished area.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just saw this on the comments to the Disney Parks Blog post. So this confirms that the "preview" period will be open to all guests and not just APs.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 8th, 2012 at 8:57 am

The preview period will give park guests a chance to experience the new area/attractions prior to the grand opening. During a preview period, attractions may have limited operating hours.

NYwdwfan

Looks like you are out of luck unless you are staying until after November 19th.

11/19/12 to 12/05/12 is the soft opening, with 12/06/12 as the official opening.

The only way to see it before 11/19/12 is to be a Passholder, CM, or DVC member but I don't know what date any of those people are allowed to start seeing it (maybe as early as 11/12/12).

I wish you luck in finding some way to experience it and hope you get to enjoy it during your trip as I will have to wait until next June to see it in person.

I've read several reports that conflict this information, one being from Inside the Magic:

Select advance previews of New Fantasyland will begin a couple weeks prior, on November 19, 2012. This date will begin a general preview phase for all guests of the Magic Kingdom, just in time for the busy Thanksgiving week. The previously-announced Annual Passholder preview, previews for DVC members, Cast Member previews, and other unannounced soft openings will take place “well before” the grand opening date. As with any preview, not everything within the new area is guaranteed to be open or operating during the time leading up to Dec. 6.

To say the ONLY way to see it before 11/19 is to be AP, CM or DVC and indicate a date is irresponsible. No need to dash anyone's hopes based on your speculation.

cornandacobb

Excited and concerned.
Our trip is 12/8-12/16.
Excited it will be open when I'm there.
Concerned (selfishly) that there will now be a drastic spike in crowds throughout the world.
Either way I'll be there with a smile on my face.

BigThunderMatt

Has anyone else noticed that there is a Christmas party that night? Coincidentally, my family is in town that week and we had purchased Christmas party tickets for that exact night. I certainly hope they don't cancel it. On the contrary, they might be hoping this even causes the party to be a sell-out.

Excited and concerned.
Our trip is 12/8-12/16.
Excited it will be open when I'm there.
Concerned (selfishly) that there will now be a drastic spike in crowds throughout the world.
Either way I'll be there with a smile on my face.

With the long expanse of time for previews available, I don't think the grand opening rush will be as heavy as you might think. Most of the die-hards are going to get their fill in the weeks prior to the sixth, they're certainly not going to wait until the Grand Opening day if they don't have to. Sure, there might be large crowds for a dedication of some kind but I would imagine that following said ceremony they will likely taper off.

AmongMadPeople

Attractions Magazine posted on their twitter this morning that they have heard that reservations for BOG will open on August 28th at 7am.

I wouldn't be surprised if that proves to be true. Disney likes to bombard the dining res system on Tuesdays. I just hope they concurrently open it up online so I don't have to experience CP-like switchboard overload.

Witchy Chick

Attractions Magazine posted on their twitter this morning that they have heard that reservations for BOG will open on August 28th at 7am.

I wonder if ADRs will be available only for the (table-service) dinner or for at least the first few weeks they will be using ADRs for the (counter-service) lunch also? I would love to go for lunch during our trip in January, but not if I have to wait in line for hours to even get into the place. ;)

Witchy

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I wonder if ADRs will be available only for the (table-service) dinner or for at least the first few weeks they will be using ADRs for the (counter-service) lunch also? I would love to go for lunch during our trip in January, but not if I have to wait in line for hours to even get into the place. ;)

Witchy
ADRs wil be for dinner only, lunch is walk up.

Oddysey

Pardon me if this has already been covered because I did not read all of the post, but has Disney announced or speculated on Passholder preview dates? If so, will they be before the preview on 11/18/12?

nepalostparks

Pardon me if this has already been covered because I did not read all of the post, but has Disney announced or speculated on Passholder preview dates? If so, will they be before the preview on 11/18/12?

They have announced there will be Passholder previews, but have not confirmed any dates for them.

ToTBellHop

I've read several reports that conflict this information, one being from Inside the Magic:

Select advance previews of New Fantasyland will begin a couple weeks prior, on November 19, 2012. This date will begin a general preview phase for all guests of the Magic Kingdom, just in time for the busy Thanksgiving week. The previously-announced Annual Passholder preview, previews for DVC members, Cast Member previews, and other unannounced soft openings will take place “well before” the grand opening date. As with any preview, not everything within the new area is guaranteed to be open or operating during the time leading up to Dec. 6.

To say the ONLY way to see it before 11/19 is to be AP, CM or DVC and indicate a date is irresponsible. No need to dash anyone's hopes based on your speculation.
Agreed. Unknowledgeable people are obnoxious.

I guarantee you we will be seeing Mermaid ride reports on this site well prior to 11/19.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom