News Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party coming to DCA

DanielBB8

SoCal Residents $179 for 3 park pass is still available if you think the Halloween Party deal is too expensive. Expires in May.

TP2000

The Disney Parks Blog has announced that Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party will be coming to Disney California Adventure later this year. Highlights include a brand-new iteration of World of Color (the previously-leaked "Villainous!" show) and the moving of the Frightfully Fun Parade to DCA from Disneyland park. The event is seemingly replacing Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland.

Eh... er... okay. This move to DCA has been rumored for years, but it seems a tad underwhelming from their announcement.

Villains World of Color. Very old rumor. But could be fun! Who is Shelley Marie again?

Challenge Trail "Dream-like" overlay. Um, who approved that? And why? Was there a big sale on fog machines?

Toddler Dance Party, Presented by Pull-Ups Training Diapers. About the third level of hell.

Marvel Dance Party, Presented by Popov Vodka and the Corn Syrup Manufacturers of America. Only the first level of hell, but an excellent use of the charmless cement expanse and unused stucco warehouses of the Hollywood Backlot. Whimsy! The hot hits of today with the dirty lyrics edited out! Immersive lighting on the stucco! Cheap vodka!

Plus the mini-parade brought over from Disneyland, and the parkwide PA playing Monster Mash every 45 minutes on a loop. :bored:

Remember over a decade ago when Disney said they would be "updating" Midway Mania with seasonal overlays for Halloween and Christmas? Yeah, that never happened. And still isn't. This DCA event desperately needs more ride overlays, and the Guardians thing doesn't count as it's only a half-overlay.

Since the Resistance ride in Star Wars Land won't be opening until around autumn anyway, I'm surprised they are still going to try and pull off these Halloween parties. These parties brought the Resort infrastructure to its knees every Friday in September and October for years when there wasn't even a new ride. So they are going to move this over to DCA and try and pull this off with Star Wars Land and the grand opening of the delayed Resistance ride all at the same time? YIKES!

DanielBB8

The party sounds like a lot of fun. DCA doesn't have Disneyland's charm, but I am very interested in the Challenge Trail and other treat trails. The 4 hours early entry on Sundays is a big enticement. It will be different.

Animaniac93-98

Who is Shelley Marie again?

I thought Shellie May was this Disney character

truecoat

I went last year and it was fun. Lines were short, got a boatload of candy I didn't need and was able to ride several rides in DCA also. On the minus side, photogs will not shoot a picture around closing and will ignore you. That was a bit disheartening.

Figments Friend

Maybe this means they can delay the holiday overlay for Haunted Mansion back to Christmas time only?

By all the Tiki Gods, please let this happen!

What should be -

Mansion left untouched during HalloweenTime. Already spooky, already a perfect fit.
Mansion goes down first week in November , after Hallowen, for 'Nightmare Before Xmas' overlay.
Mansion reopens in late November, or perhaps week prior, to begin seasonal period version of the Show.
Mansion displays overlay during the actual traditional Xmas season...not the 'retail version' of the Xmas season.....as the Gods intended.
Mansion closes after January 6th for removal of overlay.

Yes, please.

-

Californian Elitist

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
The should choreograph and launch fireworks from behind Incredicoaster during the show. Like they do during New Year's Eve.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom