Onward characters to Debut at Disneyland Upcharge Party and DCA

SuddenStorm

Thanks. I am oddly craving a Twinkie now. Haven’t had one in years

Save your $1. I fell victim to the same craving a few weeks ago, and after the first bite which is only kinda okay, each consecutive one is increasingly off putting. Didn't stop me from eating four of them, but if I could go back that money would have been better spent at Mcdonald's.

truecoat

Save your $1. I fell victim to the same craving a few weeks ago, and after the first bite which is only kinda okay, each consecutive one is increasingly off putting. Didn't stop me from eating four of them, but if I could go back that money would have been better spent at Mcdonald's.

Yeah, I bought some Ho-hos for the first time in years and man, Little Debbie's Swiss Roles are so much better. Those Ho-ho's were just a sugary mess. LD's are a sugary mess also just better made.

Figments Friend

Those soft oatmeal cookie sandwichs filled with soft cream filling are the best.

Twinkie fans - Best Twinkie flavor ever ...grab a box if you see it this Autumn : Pumpkin Spice

I really miss the large Hostess Fruit Pies.
Those were a favorite of mine back in the 80s.
Cherry, and Blueberry. OOOohhhh yeahhhh.
Blackberry was pretty incredible too...but distributed regionally so i rarely if ever found it locally in my area.

-

Rich T

Taking a moment to steer a bit back toward the topic... :D

Watched Onward again (iTunes). It’s even better on 2nd viewing. And one scene in particular holds up as one of the best scenes in any animated feature...ever.
(Slight Spoiler)
It’s the scene where the brothers try to magically disguise themselves as thier mom’s fiancé, Officer Bronco, to keep their quest going (it takes both of them because he’s a centaur).

What starts out as simply a cute bit of Bewitched-style slapstick plays out with unexpected brilliance:
The scene is simultaneously funny, suspenseful and—in the last moments—heartbreaking. It develops character and propels the story toward the next plot point. And it could only happen in an animated film, and in this particular world.

Great writing. Great animation. Great voice acting. Great music score. A brilliant, brilliant scene. 😃
(Edit) Oh, and I didn’t even realize until later that this is the scene with the “controversial” line. It’s actually a very sweet moment, and I cannot believe anybody would take movie-boycotting offense at it.

Last edited:

truecoat

I really miss the large Hostess Fruit Pies.
Those were a favorite of mine back in the 80s.
Cherry, and Blueberry. OOOohhhh yeahhhh.
Blackberry was pretty incredible too...but distributed regionally so i rarely if ever found it locally in my area.

-

When I bought those awful Ho-ho's, there were some hostess pies at the local gas station. When I was a kid, I loved the cherry ones. I wish I would have bought that instead. Maybe 4 or 5 years from now when I buy something like that again, I'll try the pie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom