Only Lincoln will speak at HoP?

bfbulldog

Rooseavelt (probaly spelt that wrong)

Teddy Roosevelt was President until 1919, and Franklin D Roosevelt which is who I think you meant was President until 1945. Either way both were President much longer than 40 years ago, so I will stand by my assertion that Reagan is the best President of the last 40 years!!

GothMickey

I can't stand the booing even if I don't like Clinton, or Obama the are Presidents and deserve respect. The way Bush was treated by people in this country was terrible and I wasn't his biggest fan even though I am a conservative.

To be fair, he, like Clinton, brought the treatment on himself, but that is discussion for another thread LOL....

bfbulldog

That whole Disney promotion at the innauguration was another example of a corporation buying favors from the fat cat politicians in Washington who end up as millionaires (on relatively modest salaries-hmmmm) while at the same time holding their hands out and begging for tax money most of us can't afford to give them.

You mean like Obama? Right? He's a millionaire who's previous job was a part time Senator who never sponsored 1 piece of legislation and who voted present when tough votes were scheduled and his other gig was as a community organizer and never practiced attorney?? Last time I checked none of those positions paid in the millions?

GothMickey

That whole Disney promotion at the innauguration was another example of a corporation buying favors from the fat cat politicians in Washington who end up as millionaires (on relatively modest salaries-hmmmm) while at the same time holding their hands out and begging for tax money most of us can't afford to give them.

Find me an article where Disney is begging Washington for handouts. I don't recall Iger sitting on Capital Hill with the CEOs of Gm, Ford, AIG, etc...

Figment632

Teddy Roosevelt was President until 1919, and Franklin D Roosevelt which is who I think you meant was President until 1945. Either way both were President much longer than 40 years ago, so I will stand by my assertion that Reagan is the best President of the last 40 years!!

I knew who I was talking about and it was not FDR I did not think he was a good President. I was saying Regan was the best president since Teddy not just the lady 40 years.

GothMickey

You mean like Obama? Right? He's a millionaire who's previous job was a part time Senator who never sponsored 1 piece of legislation and who voted present when tough votes were scheduled and his other gig was as a community organizer?? Last time I checked neither of those positions paid in the millions?

But his book deals did. And his wife was very successful as well. So becareful when trying to paint someone you obviously have distain for as corrupt, because that is what is sounds like you are trying to portray.

jt04

You mean like Obama? Right?

No, most politicians.....not all of them. I don't think BO is corrupt but he hasn't been in DC very long either.

See, we have a choice as to if we give a certain corporation our money. But when the government demands the people's money.......there is no choice.

I believe in Freedom.

jt04

Find me an article where Disney is begging Washington for handouts. I don't recall Iger sitting on Capital Hill with the CEOs of Gm, Ford, AIG, etc...

Please stop putting words in my mouth. Think of Disney's move as more of an insurance program. Oh and Iger was at the Innauguration seated right next to Speilberg (I think). Take that Universal :lookaroun:ROFLOL:

The "Pro"

I can see two schools of thought on this one...

From a political perspective I can not remember a time when we have been a more divided country. The negative emotions from this Grand Canyon size divide between the left and the right have bled over into this attraction especially during the the last administration. For this reason I can see Disney removing the current president's speaking role simply to remove the distraction.

However, if Disney were to do this now all hell would break loose and it would be a PR nightmare for the mouse. It would take exactly one show for Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton and the NAACP to pull out the race card and call for a boycott of all things Disney. Given the current economic climate I do not think that Disney will risk it.

Personally, I like the speech by the current commander in chief. Regardless of my personal opinion of whomever that that is it provides a link for the present to the past in the attraction.

I agree with Master Yoda.

jt04

I agree with Master Yoda.

I'm telling you it is quite possible the President may see doing such a thing as beneath the dignity of the Office he holds and as a corporate favor or hand out.

Disney might need to make a large charitable contribution to make it happen.

Lee

Adventurer
It would take exactly one show for Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton and the NAACP to pull out the race card
And Lee.
Except I wouldn't be playing a race card...more like a "cool card."
:cool:

Anyhow...pointless discussion. Obama will be speaking. End of story.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm telling you it is quite possible the President may see doing such a thing as beneath the dignity of the Office he holds and as a corporate favor or hand out.
He has agreed to do it. Never was much question.:shrug:

jt04

Details?
No. I was told a few weeks ago that it was a done deal. Not a high priority on the President's list...but a go, for sure.

So how do we, the average tax payer, get compensated for the President's "hand out" to a major "multi-national" when not everyone can afford to go to WDW. He works for everyone not just Disney. Shades of halliburton here.:veryconfu

:cool:

islesgirl

I really don't understand the point of this discussion. From what I have heard Obama will be speaking and that is Disney's choice. And if they didn't have him speak it is their choice as well.

Obama is our president for the next 4 years, like it or not. Deal with it. I didn't like the president we had for the past 8 years but that doesn't mean that I thought he shouldn't be speaking at HoP.

Besides, haven't you ever heard that the 2 things you should never discuss are religion and politics?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom