Only a year and a half away from Harry Potter Land and still nothing from Disney!

disnyfan89

Well, WDW finally got in the game and is doing something about HP!!

They are cutting back Fantasmic to two shows a week. Outstanding...now I don't have to hang around DHS after 3:00pm. I can just head over to IOA to experience more HP.

Heaven forbid! :rolleyes: AK doesn't even have an evening show! Im sure everyone there will also be heading out to IOA to go see HP. Why park hop over to Epcot or MK when you can drive all the way down I-4! Then again MK also scales back it's entertainment offerings in the slow season so that takes Spectromagic out of the running unless you see that one of the two nights it's offered. I guess while your at IOA you could just hop over to Universal studios to watch their cinisphere 360 show. Oh wait! They only show that during the summer and Christmas week! I guess you will just have to go watch the nightly wishes or Illuminations at Disney. :shrug:

:hammer:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Oh ho! Zinger!
:lol:

:slurp::slurp::slurp:

zingers.jpg

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Can I have milk with my zinger please? :lookaroun

Due to lower than anticipated attendance, er, sorry. Due to recent customer feedback and our sincere desire to bring you the most magical beverage experience possible, we are no longer offering milk. We are now offering a high quality H20 for our guests beverage experience.

disnyfan89

Due to lower than anticipated attendance, er, sorry. Due to recent customer feedback and our sincere desire to bring you the most magical beverage experience possible, we are no longer offering milk. We are now offering a high quality H20 for our guests beverage experience.

This is unacceptible! Milk is a valued part of my WDW experiance. If Walt was arround he would never let this happen! Here I thought Eisner was bad but now I dont have any faith at all in Iger. This is all Laseter's fault. Next you know all the drinks will be pixar themed! THERE NOT EVEN THE SAME COMPANY!!!!!!! How could Disney let this happen? I just will stop going! That's it! I won't renew my annual pass! This is the last straw! :fork:

:brick::zipit::p:hammer::lookaroun

Timmay

Heaven forbid! :rolleyes: AK doesn't even have an evening show! Im sure everyone there will also be heading out to IOA to go see HP. Why park hop over to Epcot or MK when you can drive all the way down I-4! Then again MK also scales back it's entertainment offerings in the slow season so that takes Spectromagic out of the running unless you see that one of the two nights it's offered. I guess while your at IOA you could just hop over to Universal studios to watch their cinisphere 360 show. Oh wait! They only show that during the summer and Christmas week! I guess you will just have to go watch the nightly wishes or Illuminations at Disney. :shrug:
:hammer:

Yes, very clever. Too bad you spent time typing all this when you really had nothing to say.:rolleyes:

Shall we show how easy it is to disect your rant.

AK doesn't even have an evening show!
Yep...right you are. Although, there is plenty to keep you busy the entire day at AK, even during the off season. Too bad this isn't the case with DHS. Without Fantasmic, you may find DHS start closing up shop around the same time AK does.

Why park hop over to Epcot or MK when you can drive all the way down I-4!
All the way?? Did you just really say "all the way?" :ROFLOL: A 15 minute drive is "all the way?" Hyperbole, at best.

Then again MK also scales back it's entertainment offerings in the slow season so that takes Spectromagic out of the running unless you see that one of the two nights it's offered
It scales back one...just one. Wishes is the main draw at night...I know you don't want it to be, because that would make your rant moot.

I guess while your at IOA you could just hop over to Universal studios to watch their cinisphere 360 show.
Why? I have no interest in that. I have to say I am sorry, because I guess I gave you the impression I did have interest in it...I mean, why else would you bring it up.:rolleyes:

WDW is about the shows as much as it is about the rides. Cutting back on the biggest show in the parks is inviting people to go elswhere for their nightly entertainment. If you think some of them won't leave property to see something new and exciting, those Disney rose-colored glasses might be cutting off some of the blood supply to your noggin. :wave:

EpcotServo

All the way?? Did you just really say "all the way?" :ROFLOL: A 15 minute drive is "all the way?" Hyperbole, at best.

I'm sorry, but with traffic, waiting to get into the parking garage, waiting to park in said Parking garage, walking all the way to Citywalk, walking through all of Citywalk, waiting to get in IOA, then walking all the way across the park, It'd take at least an hour and thirty minutes to get from MGM to PotterLand.

I really don't think cutting Fantasmic shows will help Universal.

NemoRocks78

Seized
I'm sorry, but with traffic, waiting to get into the parking garage, waiting to park in said Parking garage, walking all the way to Citywalk, walking through all of Citywalk, waiting to get in IOA, then walking all the way across the park, It'd take at least an hour and thirty minutes to get from MGM to PotterLand.

I really don't think cutting Fantasmic shows will help Universal.
:lookaroun I've made it from the I-4 exit to inside the T2:3D preshow at the Studios in about 20 min. on multiple occasions. Add in the 15 min. drive time from DHS and an extra 10 min. (probably less) to walk all the way back to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and you should have that done in a good 45 min. or so.

But I also don't believe that less showings of Fantasmic is going to do much for the UO parks. :lol:

disnyfan89

Yes, very clever. Too bad you spent time typing all this when you really had nothing to say.:rolleyes:

Shall we show how easy it is to disect your rant.

If I had nothing to say then why did you feel the need to Dissect what it is I had to say? Wouldn't that mean you where in essence responding to nothing. Which in turn makes your statement double nothing? Obviously you felt you had to prove something by responding to my nothing statement. And your right! It was a nothing statement. But it still did seem to point out that the idea of Disney not offering evening entertainment will further help attendance at a park that also offer no evening entertainment is a truly asinine statement. But then again I guess sarcasm isn't as popular as it used to be!

Disney cutting Fant! to two nights in the off season (for what is a unannounced period of time aka Fant! could be running every night starting in Feb!) Also entertainment is subject to change. Disney could at any given time extend park hours and add additional Fantasmic!s to their daily line up.

Disney will suffer no loss by cutting back the amount of shows during a non peak season. As I pointed out before DL doesn't even offer Fant! in the off season and last time I checked I didn't hear anyone who went to Dl and decided to go to Knotts in the evening just because there was no Fant!

You are right tho. By DHS not offering any night time entertainment it will cause the guest to seek other activities for their night time enjoyment. The guest will migrate to either MK or Epcot for those offerings just as they have done in the past.

This topic however is a major thread drift. Fant!'s lower show count has no relationship to HP at Universal. If you would like to further continue this discussion I suggest you move your comments to this topic: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=332031

Oh! And have a Magical day! :wave:

PrincessBitty

Just like there are plenty of people uninterested in ever seeing the AI attraction, there are plenty of people who could care less about HP. I can honestly admit that no one that I know (and I have a big extended family with lots of kids in the mix) has any interest in picking up a HP book.

EpcotServo

:lookaroun I've made it from the I-4 exit to inside the T2:3D preshow at the Studios in about 20 min. on multiple occasions. Add in the 15 min. drive time from DHS and an extra 10 min. (probably less) to walk all the way back to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and you should have that done in a good 45 min. or so.

But I also don't believe that less showings of Fantasmic is going to do much for the UO parks. :lol:

What time of the day was it?

I was thinking of around 7 to 8 at night as suggested, which is usually CityWalk and traffic's crazy time, IMHO.
:lol:

Timmay

Disney will suffer no loss
Cool...you got your crystal ball back from the shop!

As I pointed out before DL doesn't even offer Fant! in the off season and last time I checked I didn't hear anyone who went to Dl and decided to go to Knotts in the evening just because there was no Fant!.
For some reason, you keep thinking DL and WDW are the same. They are not. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. DL is geared towards the locals...their marketing even proves this. WDW is marketed to the once in a lifetime crowd. Just look at their comemrcials on TV. DL guests are there time and time again during the year. The will have a chance to see Fantasmic in a couple of months time. No big deal. This is not the case at WDW.

You are right tho. By DHS not offering any night time entertainment it will cause the guest to seek other activities for their night time enjoyment. The guest will migrate to either MK or Epcot for those offerings just as they have done in the past.
WDW is risking having guests leave DHS studios at 3-4 in the afternoon. Sure, the majority may very well go to another WDW park...but some will leave property and go see the latest and greatest thing over at US.

I am not sure why that is such a hard concept to grasp for so many. They act like they have been hit in the face if it is even suggested someone might find an alternative outside the parks.:shrug:

Quick edit here...maybe the above discussion doesn't belong in this thread, but I think it does. The OP wanted to know what WDW was doing in response to IOA. While WDW may have something planned later on down the line, right now it seems they are more interested in saving money than pushing forward.

disnyfan89

Cool...you got your crystal ball back from the shop!

For some reason, you keep thinking DL and WDW are the same. They are not. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. DL is geared towards the locals...their marketing even proves this. WDW is marketed to the once in a lifetime crowd. Just look at their comemrcials on TV. DL guests are there time and time again during the year. The will have a chance to see Fantasmic in a couple of months time. No big deal. This is not the case at WDW.

I understand that DL is not the same as WDW. That would be the reason why we will still have Fant! two nights a week. I'm just trying to point out that this isn't that big of a deal compared to other alternatives.

I also understand that a guest could leave property and do other things. However, a guest leaving in the middle of the day to visit another park with another $60 plus ticket is far more unlikely than a guest traveling to a park that's five minutes away and is already paid for. Plus when you add in the fact that Disney offers plenty of services to ensure their guest stay on property by providing free transportation to and from each park as well as the airport you can bet the chances are a lot less. Then add in the falling economy and rising gas prices people are going to be spending less money. I would be willing to bet the percentage of guest who leave DHS between 3-4 and take a trip to Uni is less than 2%. Tourist are going to shorten their vacation time and combine DHS and another park into one day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom