Only a year and a half away from Harry Potter Land and still nothing from Disney!

md0u80a2

Hi

my two cents - or 2 pence.

I think that most people like myself who come from the UK build both theme parks in anyway - you buy your 2 week unlimited disney ticket and your 2 week orlando flexi pass with USS, IOA, seaworld, busch gardens, etc.

So what effect will potterland have? It depends on potterland! Dont get me wrong, I will see it! Next time I am there (I have been told all I canexpect until I have child who is 7 years old is DLP) I will see potterland first chance I get. But so far, I am underwhelmed. Retheming toexisting rides? One e-ticket, one d-ticket maybe? The themeing, restaurants, walk around actors, etc will make or break it. Now IOA is good, but disney are masters at this and the question is can IOA do suess landing again?

Will it stop people doing disney? No
Will it shave more than 1 evenign away from disney in a 2 week trip? No

BUT that matters - it keeps IOA on the map, it and that '2% of people' laving DHS are the profit margin. there 50 bucks of dinner and 20 bucks of popcorn and30 bucks of merchandise are ther crucial expenditure that keep the mouse going. It ont hurt, but will sting.

However, I wouldn't worry. The mouse will have something for th 40th and just when all the potter hoopla dies down, WDW will be top of the pops again.

In fact, the real competion in my opinion was from seaworld to Universal. I mean, they are not far from offering a 2 week package. Imagine, a family of 4 getting two weeks accomodation on site. VIP shuttles with special entrances to seaworld, aquatica, a special discovery cove evening ith only hotle residents once a week and shuttles to all other local parks including luxury to busch gardens. I would be tempted to try it, to try something different. It is a shame the sell out will do that in...

Morris

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Its not just about Harry Potter Land. Its about first timers finally leaving Disney property to go check it out and realizing that US and IOA are nice too and that maybe they should venture out there on future trips atleast once or twice every visit. There are many vacationers to Disney who used to NEVER think of leaving property and wouldn't even give US or IOA a chance. Uni is hoping that Harry Potter will be the catalyst to breaking down that barrier and getting some old Disney lovers to become Uni lovers too.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Its not just about Harry Potter Land. Its about first timers finally leaving Disney property to go check it out and realizing that US and IOA are nice too and that maybe they should venture out there on future trips atleast once or twice every visit. There are many vacationers to Disney who used to NEVER think of leaving property and wouldn't even give US or IOA a chance. Uni is hoping that Harry Potter will be the catalyst to breaking down that barrier and getting some old Disney lovers to become Uni lovers too.

Exactly and I've read plenty of trip reports from people who weren't sure about giving Uni a chance and now make separate plans for it every time they go to Orlando

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom