Only a year and a half away from Harry Potter Land and still nothing from Disney!

pjammer

IMO WWoHP is in response to Disney. They have been plussing there parks for the past 8 years while Universal has been a snooze fest. Ex:

MK
06 - POTC update
06 - Mansion update
03 - Philharmagic
04 - Stitch
07 - MILF

EC
07 - SSE update
03 - Mission Space
05 - Soarin'
07 - Nemo ride
04 - Turtle Talk
07 - Grand Fiesta Tour

ST
05 - LMA!
08 - Midway Mania

AK
06 - Everest
06 - Nemo musical

Universal & IOA
03 - Jimmy Neutron
03 - Shrek
04 - Mummy
05 - Diaster
08 - Simpson
06 - Sky Suess Trolly

Seems WWoHP is in reaction to Disney to me:shrug:

EpcotServo

The bottom line for me is that this isn't going to change anything in my mind.

I love Revenge of the Mummy alot.

But I like Everest better.

Men In Black is one of my favorites.

But I like Midway Mania better.

I know I'll love PotterLand, but in the longrun it just won't be better than Disney. No rose-colored glasses needed.
:lol:

Legacy

IMO WWoHP is in response to Disney. They have been plussing there parks for the past 8 years while Universal has been a snooze fest. Ex:

MK
06 - POTC update
06 - Mansion update
03 - Philharmagic
04 - Stitch
07 - MILF

EC
07 - SSE update
03 - Mission Space
05 - Soarin'
07 - Nemo ride
04 - Turtle Talk
07 - Grand Fiesta Tour

ST
05 - LMA!
08 - Midway Mania

AK
06 - Everest
06 - Nemo musical

Universal & IOA
03 - Jimmy Neutron
03 - Shrek
04 - Mummy
05 - Diaster
08 - Simpson
06 - Sky Suess Trolly

How so? They have added the same equivalent in the same amount of time. Five attractions for MK... Five attractions for Universal Studios.
Two attractions for Animal Kingdom... Three attractions for IoA (you for forgot Storm Force Acceletron and Flying Unicorn... plus the revamped Poisiden's Fury I'll let that one slide).

pjammer

How so? They have added the same equivalent in the same amount of time. Five attractions for MK... Five attractions for Universal Studios.
Two attractions for Animal Kingdom... Three attractions for IoA (you for forgot Storm Force Acceletron and Flying Unicorn... plus the revamped Poisiden's Fury I'll let that one slide).

I know I wrote eight but I mean the last five years. Storm Force and Unicorn opened in 2000. But if you wanted to add them then you can add Primeval Whirl and Tricetop Spin to the list for DAK. While I left out Poisiden Fury; I also left Pooh's Playful Spot out. And what about the six additions to Epcot? Do those not count??

Besides, I think of Disney as one big resort when competing with another Park(s). The last things IoA has gotten that was new was the Suess Trolley and Poisiden Fury. Disney has been plusing all there parks and Universal has been ignoring IoA and just trying to keep up with Disney. They did beat them with City Walk/PI...I guess?!?!

Legacy

I know I wrote eight but I mean the last five years. Storm Force and Unicorn opened in 2000. But if you wanted to add them then you can add Primeval Whirl and Tricetop Spin to the list for DAK. While I left out Poisiden Fury; I also left Pooh's Playful Spot out. And what about the six additions to Epcot? Do those not count??

Besides, I think of Disney as one big resort when competing with another Park(s). The last things IoA has gotten that was new was the Suess Trolley and Poisiden Fury. Disney has been plusing all there parks and Universal has been ignoring IoA and just trying to keep up with Disney. They did beat them with City Walk/PI...I guess?!?!

I still don't see how Universal is trying to "keep up" with Disney. Let's take the comparisons a step further by looking at time of parks being open. The Studios and MGM opened around the same time and Animal Kingdom and IoA opened around the same time. Considering Universal has two parks compared to Disney's four (plus the fact that CityWalk opened roughly a year before IoA) Universal has added a ton for what they have. If they were trying to "keep up" Universal would have added as many total attractions for their two as Disney did for their four. Parks have to add attractions regularly unless they are strongly set (MK in point). All parks do it.

DisneyYorkian74

I think Disney is allowed to take a slight break considering everything they have added to WDW since the year 2000.

I don't think there has to be a huge new E ticket to look forward to every single year.

There's no doubt that Disney will eventually open up another big E ticket in one of the four WDW parks, we just have to be patient.

Disney is taking the right route right now by refurbishing everything now when attendance and profit is at an all-time high.

teebin

This has to be one of the biggest BLAH BLAH BLAH my opinion/your opinion no resolve threads of all time. You all sound like 14 year olds.

pjammer

I still don't see how Universal is trying to "keep up" with Disney. Let's take the comparisons a step further by looking at time of parks being open. The Studios and MGM opened around the same time and Animal Kingdom and IoA opened around the same time. Considering Universal has two parks compared to Disney's four (plus the fact that CityWalk opened roughly a year before IoA) Universal has added a ton for what they have. If they were trying to "keep up" Universal would have added as many total attractions for their two as Disney did for their four. Parks have to add attractions regularly unless they are strongly set (MK in point). All parks do it.

Beside what I already named, the only thing Universal Studios has added worth mentioning is Terminator, Twister, MIB. MGM (for lack of a better term) added Tower, Coaster, and Star Tours. You can tell me the winner.

Not to mention the rest of WDW opened attractions called Splash Mountain and Test Track in that period also. But they don't count do they since Universal is only trying to compete with MGM and not the MK or Epcot.

DisneyYorkian74

MK
06 - POTC update
06 - Mansion update
03 - Philharmagic
04 - Stitch
07 - MILF
EC
07 - SSE update
03 - Mission Space
05 - Soarin'
07 - Nemo ride
04 - Turtle Talk
07 - Grand Fiesta Tour
ST
05 - LMA!
08 - Midway Mania
AK
06 - Everest
06 - Nemo musical

These are also just the rides WDW has opened over the recent years.

Little things such as the talking character masks, to new firework shows, to the Christmas Castle Lights are things that often go unnoted but are the things that can make a big difference while on vacation.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I'd take those Christmas Castle Lights over a Harry Potter attraction any day.

coasterphil

These are also just the rides WDW has opened over the recent years.

Little things such as the talking character masks, to new firework shows, to the Christmas Castle Lights are things that often go unnoted but are the things that can make a big difference while on vacation.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I'd take those Christmas Castle Lights over a Harry Potter attraction any day.

OK, Universal has HHN which is for the most part completely different every year while Disney puts on almost the exact same thing every season (in some cases actually scaling them back). See, we could do this all day.

Frank Stallone

OK, Universal has HHN which is for the most part completely different every year while Disney puts on almost the exact same thing every season (in some cases actually scaling them back). See, we could do this all day.

Which I give them credit for, since it's one of the very few things Universal makes decent money on.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

MK
06 - POTC update
06 - Mansion update
03 - Philharmagic
04 - Stitch
07 - MILF

EC
07 - SSE update
03 - Mission Space
05 - Soarin'
07 - Nemo ride
04 - Turtle Talk
07 - Grand Fiesta Tour

ST
05 - LMA!
08 - Midway Mania

AK
06 - Everest
06 - Nemo musical

Universal & IOA
03 - Jimmy Neutron
03 - Shrek
04 - Mummy
05 - Diaster
08 - Simpson
06 - Sky Suess Trolly

Ok, now compare the amount of attractions that MGM Studios had vs Universal when it first opened, and AK vs IOA when they first opened....

hemloc

I'm still trying to figure out who says that The Mummy and The Simpsons are lackluster performers??? I love em, and so does everyone I have ever ridden em with. And I always get a buzz off of the end of The Simpsons Ride:lookaroun!!

Frank Stallone

I'm still trying to figure out who says that The Mummy and The Simpsons are lackluster performers??? I love em, and so does everyone I have ever ridden em with. And I always get a buzz off of the end of The Simpsons Ride:lookaroun!!

Mummy isn't bad, just not as good as it was hyped up to be. Simpsons, on the other hand, has yet to impress any of the folks I've taken to it

hemloc

Mummy isn't bad, just not as good as it was hyped up to be. Simpsons, on the other hand, has yet to impress any of the folks I've taken to it

I find that extremely hard to believe. It's got to be one of the funniest attractions that I have seen in ages, and the majority of people I've seen coming off it would tend to agree(And any Disney nut should surely appreciate it for the blatant references, no doubt!).

nuttyskadork

If they change Dueling Dragons I'll be mad. I didnt even get to ride it, but what a silly idea. I mean really Harry Potter appeals to ALL ages, but a lot of the fans are young. Making the parks main attraction an Inverted coaster with multiple Inversions all but guarantee's a 52 inch height requirement, thus alienating a lot of their fans

nuttyskadork

Enchanted Oak, the Flying Unicorn and Dueling Dragons are all going to be part of WWoHP.

But there is still the other side of Lost Continent with Sinbad and Posieden's Fury that will remain the same.

And people don't realize that there is a decent amount of space to expand behind those two attractions as well.

Poseidon's Fury could do with a bit of an update as well. I mean, I guess if you go there more than once you might repeat visit, but it's not something that draws you back to see again like say Space Mountain, Spiderman, etc.

sleepybear

MK
06 - POTC update
06 - Mansion update
03 - Philharmagic
04 - Stitch
07 - MILF

It took me a minute to realize that MILF meant Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom