One Sentence: Platinum Edition - A 20th Anniversary Special

tcool123

Original Poster
As One Sentence Competition continues get ready to hear this a lot: this was extremely tough to separate with so many good ideas. I did my best to crown each placement while keeping everything fair.

Ps5WGu1.png

@Disney Pacifist !
I think this a great concept and matches the atmosphere and history of Hollywood Studios while tying into the Chinese Theater.

L30Y5yp.png

@DashHaber
A great modernization of the old sun icon of California Adventure while making it fun for the modern age with a clever IP tie in, and fun lighting effects!

zihTg3C.png

@FigmentPigments
A great blend of French culture and Disney magic comes in the form of this project! It has many layers to it with the touch to the French people, the film award aspect, and the projection concept are all very neat.

DrRz15D.png

@montydysquith-navarro
This was an amazing take on the park icon adding some great placemaking for a park that desperately needs it! Throw in the exciting nighttime projection show, history with the company and Hollywood, and the detail of the Mickey ride being included is the cherry on top for a great sundae.

tcool123

Original Poster
Prompt 2
Ain't No Party Like a Dance Party

disney-junior-dance-party-16x9.jpg

Bring out your finest gogo boots and your sickest TikTok dance because the One Sentence Contest is hitting the dance floor! What would be a celebration without an amazing dance party! Disney just can't get enough of these Disney parties with every park having seen at least one dance parties and sometimes up to three if not more dance parties! You can truly never out dance a mouse!

-Challenge-
Design a new dance party for any Disney theme park

-Rules-
You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Sunday, June 6th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

Prompt 1 REDUX

Bring out your finest gogo boots and your sickest TikTok dance because the One Sentence Contest is hitting the dance floor! What would be a celebration without an amazing dance party! Disney just can't get enough of these Disney parties with every park having seen at least one dance parties and sometimes up to three if not more dance parties! You can truly never out dance a mouse!

-Challenge-

-Rules-
You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Sunday, June 6th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

Figment's Epic epcot Dance-off!
1622781194330.png
Figment Figzilla has opened up a new dance academy in what used to be the Magic Eye Theater using state of the art technology to allow guests to get their groove on! Various pads when stepped on throughout the room play remixes of popular epcot tunes made by popular Tiktok influencers while guests dance with their favorite characters like Mr. Dairy Goods, Buzzy, the T-Rex from Universe of Energy, and computer scientist from Spaceship Earth along with Figzilla, himself!

DisneyFan18

DANCE AROUND THE WOLRD

3D268042-86DF-4764-81F8-8ECD4BE63028.jpeg

A brand new Dance Party is coming to Epcot, at World Showcase Plaza guests will be transported all around the world in this educational cultural experience. In Dance Around the World, through 4 short musical segments, guests will be able to dance alongside trained dancers in their respective dance styles and have fun while learning some new moves; different dance styles will be featured in different Dance Around the World parties.​

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Prompt 1 REDUX

-Challenge-

-Rules-

-Tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

Swing Street
Featuring the Sensational Six and You!
7dd973cf180156888922b38a648a62f7.jpg

"Come and meet those dancing feet" on the streets of Sunset Boulevard at the Walt Disney Studios Park as the Sensational Six (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pluto) and a merry group of chorus dancers takes their dance party to the streets and invite you to "tap your troubles away!" Relive those glorious movie-musical dancing moments of the 1930s and 40s as you learn how to swing dance to the beat of the eras' famous jazz and big-band standards, or just dance however you'd like!​

Brer Panther

-Challenge-
Rockin' Out With the Electric Mayhem
1622809244231.png
Who better to provide the music for a dance party than Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem? Guests are invited to shake their groove things as the Muppets (represented by extremely advanced audio-animatronics) perform a selection of rock and roll hits, accompanied by a trippy light show right out of the '70s!

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
So I had an idea for the first prompt, but I obviously forgot to submit it in time. It would have been a statue similar to Partners for Hollywood Studios featuring Walt Disney and Donald Duck, the character who reinvigorated the company’s cartoons and breathed some new life into their creative endeavors.

Anyway, too late for that, but I can still submit something for prompt 2!

5A7B6002-3308-41CB-B75F-0A492B445F38.jpeg
The Star Spangled Dance Party
This short streetmospheric dance party occurs a few times throughout the day near the back (a place near the entrance to Cars Land, where Strategic Scientific Reserve imagery can be found) of Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure. Captain America, joined by backup singers and dancers (wearing somewhat less revealing clothes than in the film, for the sake of younger guests and the Disney Look) invites you to sing and dance along to such songs as “Star Spangled Man With a Plan.”​

Disney Warrior

Dancing Around the World
(sorry, no picture)
Coming soon to Epcot’s World Showcase is a new dance party featuring dances from all around the world.
(This one is really hard)​

DANCE AROUND THE WOLRD

View attachment 561796

A brand new Dance Party is coming to Epcot, at World Showcase Plaza guests will be transported all around the world in this educational cultural experience. In Dance Around the World, through 4 short musical segments, guests will be able to dance alongside trained dancers in their respective dance styles and have fun while learning some new moves; different dance styles will be featured in different Dance Around the World parties.​
This is a coincidence, my friends. OMG lol 😂. I should’ve done an IP dance party, but eh, this works too.

Chaos Cat

Probably stretching the definition of dance party with this, but I had this idea for a while and this felt like a good excuse as any to bring it up.

Halloween Street: Awake the Spirits!
8236147515_8cddd2e5c1_z.jpg

Exclusive to Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween Party, Main Street U.S.A. will come alive (for lack of a better word) as night fall and all the spooky and kooky characters of Halloween Street come out to kick off the Halloween festivities be singing and dancing in the street. Don't worry if you miss the show, though; all of these unique characters will stick around for most of the night, interacting with guests and generally having a ghost of a time.​

Last edited:

Orange Cat

MINIONS DANCE PARTY (I just realized I misread the prompt but who cares this is just a joke anyway)

C8225388-F400-4EF6-8BD7-FB4B54708AD3.jpeg
minions’s dance party is coming soon to all universal parks, allowing everyone to dance with the minions, all around the parks too they’re just everywhere & there’s no schedule or anything & uh when it um happens there are like those smell speaker things making uh the smell of um papayas.

Evilgidgit

Behold, I, Evilgidgit, join the One Sentence Competition one round late!

@tcool123, you literally tagged everybody apart from me!! 😭

Prompt 1 REDUX

-Challenge-

-Rules-

-Tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

SONNY ECLIPSE'S COSMIC SOIREE
sonny1_glover-700x467.jpg
Join the greatest musician this side of Alpha Centauri, as Sonny Eclipse throws an out of this world dance party like no other, bringing together some familiar friends to celebrate the power of music, including Stitch, WALL-E, and even the Guardians of the Galaxy!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
MINIONS DANCE PARTY (I just realized I misread the prompt but who cares this is just a joke anyway)

View attachment 561955minions’s dance party is coming soon to all universal parks, allowing everyone to dance with the minions, all around the parks too they’re just everywhere & there’s no schedule or anything & uh when it um happens there are like those smell speaker things making uh the smell of um papayas.
I wish this was real. Like. It would be breathtakingly amazing if dozens and dozens of Minions just inconveniently and unapologetically flash mobbed the entire park without warning.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
ROGER RABBIT'S TOONIE-HOPPIN'-DANCIN' PARTY

1622844969214.png

Located at Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland and Hollywood Boulevard at Walt Disney Studios Paris, as Roger Rabbit and his Toon pals such as Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Daisy, Pluto and Goofy dance to the beat of 1940s-1950s but wacky and crazy party in Toontown. You can dance with Roger Rabbit and his wife Jessica Rabbit as dance to the music as the guests will loving to dance with him as songs like "Smile Darn Ya Smile Boogie" and "Toontown Shuffle".

Last edited:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
ROGER RABBIT'S TOONIE-HOPPIN'-DANCIN' PARTY

View attachment 561986

Located at Mickey's Toontown, as Roger Rabbit and his Toon pals such as Mickey, Donald and Goofy dance to the beat of 1950s but wacky and crazy party in Toontown. You can dance with Roger Rabbit and his wife Jessica Rabbit as dance to the music as the guests will loving to dance with him as songs like "Smile Darn Ya Smile Boogie" and "Toontown Shuffle".
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

FigmentPigments

Out of Your Mind Dance Party

rileys-emotions-inside-out.jpg
Replacing the often maligned ImageWorks: The What-If Labs at the Imagination Pavilion, the Out of Your Mind Dance Party is Joy's attempt to bring, well, a little more joy to Riley's mindset, with each emotion taking over the music choice (Anger wanting more rock, Fear wanting Techno, Disgust with Pop...) until the boys in the back periodically interrupt the music by playing the Doublemint Gum jingle.

Guests will share the dance floor with glowing multi-colored memory orbs (beachballs) which they can toss around while the core memory projector covers the walls with real time images of the dancers having fun, but unfortunately each party has to come to an end which happens when Riley has a brain freeze.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom