One Sentence: Platinum Edition - A 20th Anniversary Special

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Out of Your Mind Dance Party

View attachment 561997
Replacing the often maligned ImageWorks: The What-If Labs at the Imagination Pavilion, the Out of Your Mind Dance Party is Joy's attempt to bring, well, a little more joy to Riley's mindset, with each emotion taking over the music choice (Anger wanting more rock, Fear wanting Techno, Disgust with Pop...) until the boys in the back periodically interrupt the music by playing the Doublemint Gum jingle.

Guests will share the dance floor with glowing multi-colored memory orbs (beachballs) which they can toss around while the core memory projector covers the walls with real time images of the dancers having fun, but unfortunately each party has to come to an end which happens when Riley has a brain freeze.
Dang flab it Miley this would be AMAZING!!

spacemt354

Chili's
The Party Bus presented by Chevrolet
2F9A2432-scaled.jpg
As an extension of the post-show lobby of Test Track where guests can sit in various new models of Chevy vehicles, parties of up to 10 guests can reserve a decked out super-stretched limo equipped with nightlife and assorted amenities for the dance party rave of a lifetime. Great for the spring break crowds or folks after partaking in the food & wine festival!​

Solaris Knight

STARK HOUSE PARTY

1623012672605.png

Plussing the concept of a dance party by setting it as a combination walk through, lounge, and party, guests are invited to Tony's Malibu mansion as seen in Iron Man 2 for a bash of heroic proportions, complete with a themed futurist bar with a robotic bartender and tour of the estate by JARVIS.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
WRECK IT RALPH GAMING MEGAMIX REMIX PARTY
1623014640563.png

Join Ralph, Felix, Sergeant Calhoun, and Vanellope dance to the gaming megamix remix party with video game remixes like Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, TRON, Q*Bert, and more! Even special guests from video game series came to dance at the party like Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario and Luigi, Pac-Man, Q*bert and some others for surprise! Not until King Candy returns from death and glitches the whole party brings with video game villians such as Dr. Eggman, Bowser, and more so Ralph and Felix will have to stop him again!

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
During Wreck It Ralph Gaming Megamix Party, there should be Sonic the Hedgehog's 30th anniversary party with many Sonic remixes as Dr. Eggman and King Candy crashes the party as Sonic and Ralph has to stop them before they glitched whole party:
1) Green Hill Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)
2) Star Light Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)
3) Seaside Hill - Sonic Heroes
4) City Escape - Sonic Adventure 2
5) Stardust Speedway Bad Future - Sonic CD
6) Ice Cap Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog 3
7) Chemical Plant Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog 2
8) Death Egg Zone - Sonic & Knuckles
9) Speed Highway - Sonic Adventure
10) Crisis City - Sonic the Hedgehog 2006
11) Rooftop Run / Endless Possibites - Sonic Unleashed
12) Toot Toot Sonic Warrior - Sonic CD
13) Fist Bump - Sonic Forces
14) Reach for the Stars / Tropical Resort - Sonic Colors
15) Free / Metal City - Sonic Free Riders / Sonic Riders
16) I Am / Westropolis - Shadow the Hedgehog
17) Flying Battery Zone - Sonic & Knuckles
18) Scrap Brain Zone / Final Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)
19) Special Stage / Slot Machine - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 / Sonic & Knuckles
20) His World / All Hail Shadow - Sonic the Hedgehog 2006
21) Super Sonic Racing - Sonic R
22) Open Your Heart / Windy Valley - Air - Sonic Adventure
22) It Doesn't Matter - Sonic Adventure 2
23) White Jungle (Sonic Forces remix) - Sonic Adventure 2
24) Final Fortress / What I'm Made Of - Sonic Heroes
25) Sonic Heroes - Sonic Heroes
26) Doomsday Zone - Sonic & Knuckles
27) Live & Learn - Sonic Adventure 2
28) Metropolitan Highway - Sonic Forces
29) Ending Theme - Sonic the Hedgehog 2
30) Credits Medley (Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles) - Sonic the Hedgehog (1991) & Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (1992) and Sonic 3 & Knuckles (1994)

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
Reviews

First off want to say all of these projects were just groovy with plenty of fun concepts that get me on my feet! So many creative dance parties, and they were all honestly so creative!
Figment's Epic epcot Dance-off!
View attachment 561795
Figment Figzilla has opened up a new dance academy in what used to be the Magic Eye Theater using state of the art technology to allow guests to get their groove on! Various pads when stepped on throughout the room play remixes of popular epcot tunes made by popular Tiktok influencers while guests dance with their favorite characters like Mr. Dairy Goods, Buzzy, the T-Rex from Universe of Energy, and computer scientist from Spaceship Earth along with Figzilla, himself!
I'm not sure if I hate this or love this? It's so cringy but at the same time this sounds like something Disney would do? I love the interactivity with the pads and of course the TikTok references, but the question is can Figzilla renegade?

DANCE AROUND THE WOLRD

View attachment 561796

A brand new Dance Party is coming to Epcot, at World Showcase Plaza guests will be transported all around the world in this educational cultural experience. In Dance Around the World, through 4 short musical segments, guests will be able to dance alongside trained dancers in their respective dance styles and have fun while learning some new moves; different dance styles will be featured in different Dance Around the World parties.​
In terms of dance parties this fits perfectly with World Showcase and the message of classic Epcot. I can see this being a great draw and plus to World Showcase, and diversifying it from all the other dance parties on property with its edutainment edge!

Tomorrowland Galactic Dance Party
flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg
Coming soon to the Tomorrowland Theater space in Disneyland comes a brand new party hosted by some funky aliens who know how to get their groove on! Dance to all the hit rave beats and other futurelicious songs on this groovy futuristic dance floor.
Who doesn't love a good Martian playing some funky futuristic beats? A special kudos to using the word futurelicious gives it a bit of fun razzle dazzle.

Swing Street
Featuring the Sensational Six and You!
7dd973cf180156888922b38a648a62f7.jpg

"Come and meet those dancing feet" on the streets of Sunset Boulevard at the Walt Disney Studios Park as the Sensational Six (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pluto) and a merry group of chorus dancers takes their dance party to the streets and invite you to "tap your troubles away!" Relive those glorious movie-musical dancing moments of the 1930s and 40s as you learn how to swing dance to the beat of the eras' famous jazz and big-band standards, or just dance however you'd like!​
Once again the love for WDSP is apparent as this is an amazing thematic fit for the park that help steers it in the right direction away from the dreary school campus feel it has at the moment. The Old Hollywood vibe is always fun to see and I think is a great way to capture it while entertaining guests with period appropriate entertainment.

Shake Your Hips to the Hits,...
With DEADPOOL!

View attachment 561936
In a dingy, deliberately forgotten corner of Hollywood Studios awaits an experience you’ll never forget! Slow dance the night away to classic hits like “Careless Whisper” by George Michael and “Ashes” by Celine Dion, all while DJ Pool keeps things,..lively.​
So not sure if WDW can use Deadpool or even would, but with that aside Deadpool being a DJ is pure brilliance! He would host the littest dance party Disney has ever seen I can see it now! Deadpool is definitely a party animal and this would show in whatever dance party he has, personally I would go as I think it would be an amazing time!

Dancing Around the World
(sorry, no picture)
Coming soon to Epcot’s World Showcase is a new dance party featuring dances from all around the world.
(This one is really hard)​
Much like @DisneyFan18 I love this concept, and I think would be a great thing to have in real life

King Louie's Jungle Jam

JUNGLE630.jpg

Get ready to go wild at Disney's Animal Kingdom, where an old temple in the Asia section of the park serves as the home for a raucous and fun dance party hosted by that king of the swingers himself, King Louie!​
A great way to add a little something more to Asia while bringing a great IP that fits perfectly for a dance party, and is way too under represented!

Rockin' Out With the Electric Mayhem
View attachment 561826
Who better to provide the music for a dance party than Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem? Guests are invited to shake their groove things as the Muppets (represented by extremely advanced audio-animatronics) perform a selection of rock and roll hits, accompanied by a trippy light show right out of the '70s!
I love this idea and think it's actually really clever! The Electric Mayhem are raucous and for a dance party are perfect! Throw in the fun light show and rock and roll hits and this would be a great dance party to boogie too.

So I had an idea for the first prompt, but I obviously forgot to submit it in time. It would have been a statue similar to Partners for Hollywood Studios featuring Walt Disney and Donald Duck, the character who reinvigorated the company’s cartoons and breathed some new life into their creative endeavors.

Anyway, too late for that, but I can still submit something for prompt 2!

View attachment 561908The Star Spangled Dance Party
This short streetmospheric dance party occurs a few times throughout the day near the back (a place near the entrance to Cars Land, where Strategic Scientific Reserve imagery can be found) of Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure. Captain America, joined by backup singers and dancers (wearing somewhat less revealing clothes than in the film, for the sake of younger guests and the Disney Look) invites you to sing and dance along to such songs as “Star Spangled Man With a Plan.”​
Your idea for the first prompt sounds like a great idea and a good nod to the company's history now onto the prompt for this round!

I think this a great way to work in a Marvel dance party without relying on the typical Gaurdians of the Galaxy. In my opinion Captain America is a great transition into Cars Land due to the Americana represented through Route 66 and of course Captain America. I also think something based on music that is/sounds like decades gone passed helps to differentiate it from other dance parties giving it that niche factor.

Probably stretching the definition of dance party with this, but I had this idea for a while and this felt like a good excuse as any to bring it up.

Halloween Street: Awake the Spirits!
8236147515_8cddd2e5c1_z.jpg

Exclusive to Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween Party, Main Street U.S.A. will come alive (for lack of a better word) as night fall and all the spooky and kooky characters of Halloween Street come out to kick off the Halloween festivities be singing and dancing in the street. Don't worry if you miss the show, though; all of these unique characters will stick around for most of the night, interacting with guests and generally having a ghost of a time.​
I think this was very clever and is the Halloween version of Move It! Shake It! Mousekedance It! Visually will be interesting get people into the streets and into the Halloween AND party spirit! I also think it's a great way to kick off the festivities, and giving the event a real opening show.

MINIONS DANCE PARTY (I just realized I misread the prompt but who cares this is just a joke anyway)

View attachment 561955minions’s dance party is coming soon to all universal parks, allowing everyone to dance with the minions, all around the parks too they’re just everywhere & there’s no schedule or anything & uh when it um happens there are like those smell speaker things making uh the smell of um papayas.

My mom's reaction to more minions:

Excited Minions GIF

You can never have too many minions!

Behold, I, Evilgidgit, join the One Sentence Competition one round late!

@tcool123, you literally tagged everybody apart from me!! 😭

SONNY ECLIPSE'S COSMIC SOIREE
sonny1_glover-700x467.jpg
Join the greatest musician this side of Alpha Centauri, as Sonny Eclipse throws an out of this world dance party like no other, bringing together some familiar friends to celebrate the power of music, including Stitch, WALL-E, and even the Guardians of the Galaxy!
I'm so sorry!!! I really thought I had gotten everybody, but glad to see you around now!

I think this a great usage of the Sonny Eclipse character, and expands his role further cementing him more in the parks. I suppose my only question is if this is in the Starlight Cafe or elsewhere?

ROGER RABBIT'S TOONIE-HOPPIN'-DANCIN' PARTY

View attachment 561986

Located at Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland and Hollywood Boulevard at Walt Disney Studios Paris, as Roger Rabbit and his Toon pals such as Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Daisy, Pluto and Goofy dance to the beat of 1940s-1950s but wacky and crazy party in Toontown. You can dance with Roger Rabbit and his wife Jessica Rabbit as dance to the music as the guests will loving to dance with him as songs like "Smile Darn Ya Smile Boogie" and "Toontown Shuffle".
I this is really great, a fantastic use of an IP that not only you enjoy but also a great way to work into both parks! It's different from many dance parties thanks to its setting but accessible thanks to the usage of familiar characters thanks to the Sensational Six!

WRECK IT RALPH GAMING MEGAMIX REMIX PARTY
View attachment 562296
Join Ralph, Felix, Sergeant Calhoun, and Vanellope dance to the gaming megamix remix party with video game remixes like Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, TRON, Q*Bert, and more! Even special guests from video game series came to dance at the party like Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario and Luigi, Pac-Man, Q*bert and some others for surprise! Not until King Candy returns from death and glitches the whole party brings with video game villians such as Dr. Eggman, Bowser, and more so Ralph and Felix will have to stop him again!

This is a really neat concept, and I think Wreck It-Ralph would make for a neat concept, along with the story being interwoven into a regular dance party. HOWEVER unfortunately it is one submission per prompt AND this went over the sentence maximum. With that said I love all of your enthusiasm for your ideas it is very infectious and admirable!

Just letting you know about One Sentence occuring in case you wanna join in the fun :D

Out of Your Mind Dance Party

View attachment 561997
Replacing the often maligned ImageWorks: The What-If Labs at the Imagination Pavilion, the Out of Your Mind Dance Party is Joy's attempt to bring, well, a little more joy to Riley's mindset, with each emotion taking over the music choice (Anger wanting more rock, Fear wanting Techno, Disgust with Pop...) until the boys in the back periodically interrupt the music by playing the Doublemint Gum jingle.

Guests will share the dance floor with glowing multi-colored memory orbs (beachballs) which they can toss around while the core memory projector covers the walls with real time images of the dancers having fun, but unfortunately each party has to come to an end which happens when Riley has a brain freeze.
This sounds very creative with all the emotions having their own respective music genre, and then the Doublemint Gum gag carrying into the dance party. The memory orbs being beach balls to add extra fun to the party is a fantastic touch and the brainfreeze ending the party is a great toych!

The Party Bus presented by Chevrolet
2F9A2432-scaled.jpg
As an extension of the post-show lobby of Test Track where guests can sit in various new models of Chevy vehicles, parties of up to 10 guests can reserve a decked out super-stretched limo equipped with nightlife and assorted amenities for the dance party rave of a lifetime. Great for the spring break crowds or folks after partaking in the food & wine festival!​
As a person who has been on a few party busses not something I thought I'd see at Disney, but you made it work and fit reslly well into Test Track! Definitely a unique experience all things considered, and helps to cement Epcot as more of the drinking/party place.

STARK HOUSE PARTY

View attachment 562269

Plussing the concept of a dance party by setting it as a combination walk through, lounge, and party, guests are invited to Tony's Malibu mansion as seen in Iron Man 2 for a bash of heroic proportions, complete with a themed futurist bar with a robotic bartender and tour of the estate by JARVIS.
Another great MCU dance party that still avoids the Guardians of the Galaxy pitfalls! This is very unique and would be a hit with plenty of Marvel fans given the setting and walk through. It's a unique spin on a dance party, but it works perfectly for Iron Man!

tcool123

Original Poster
As One Sentence Competition continues get ready to hear this a lot: this was extremely tough to separate with so many good ideas. I did my best to crown each placement while keeping everything fair.

Ps5WGu1.png

@DisneyFan32 !
I think the Roger Rabbit dance party was a clever move on your part! It combined an IP you're passionate about it, a unique approach to the modern day dance party, and still kept it relevant to today's kids with the Sensational Six. Great job!

L30Y5yp.png

@montydysquith-navarro
A clever to keep WDSP going with its Old Hollywood trajectory while still making it a dance party yet one that will attract people due to it offering something different from everything else.

zihTg3C.png

@MickeyWaffleCo.
A great way to combine the Americana of Route 66 and Captain America aids in making this a great project! This dance party while a small offering on paper aids in segueing guests between the two lands while providing a dance party that really isn't seen in the parks. Great job!

DrRz15D.png

@FigmentPigments
This was so creative and so detailed for only using two sentences! You were able to explore the whole show's concept, gimmicks, gags, characters and more while showcasing what would make this dance party unique. Congratulations!

tcool123

Original Poster
Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
Prompt 3 REDUX
50 Light Years! - Season 2 Episode 1

1623042621033.png

When the One Sentence Competition came back after a long hiatus the first challenge was to create a new float for the Main Street Electrical Parade's 45th anniversary while only using films from the modern era. Once more we circle back to this prompt with the the twist that this is for the parade's 50th anniversary in 2022, next year! In this scenario Main Street Electrical Parade can debut anywhere so don't let location limit you! HOWEVER you can only choose a Disney property created in 2010 or after.

-Challenge-
Design a new float for the Main Street Electrical Parade, HOWEVER it must be based on a Disney property created in 2010 and onwards.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Wednesday, June 9th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Standings

1. (TIE) . @montydysquith-navarro - 3 Points
2. (TIE) . @FigmentPigments - 3 Points
3. @DashHaber - 2 Points
4. @Sharon&Susan - 2 Points
5. @b-wolf95 - 2 Points
6. @Tegan pilots a chicken - 2 Points
7. @DisneyFan32 - 2 Points
8. @DisneyFan18 - 2 Points
9. @Garfield Fan - 2 Points
10. @Disney Pacifist - 2 Points
11. @Brer Panther - 2 Points
12. @Evilgidgit - 1 Point
13. @D Hulk - 1 Point
14. @Solaris Knight - 1 Point
15. @TwilightZone - 1 Point​
I guess Space Mountain is closed for refurbishment

JokersWild

Soul_full-feature-scaled.jpg

Pixar's Soul
Joe (who's face is animated through rear projection and black sweater equipped with twinkling LED lights) sits at a grand piano at the front of the float, his back to guests. As he speaks encouragingly to himself and intently plays some soulful jazz, a massive wave of blue, pink, and green lights flow out of the back of the piano, transitioning into the rolling hills of The Great Before, populated by a pair of (neon) Jerrys and a 22 figure (again, her face animated through rear projections) who speaks to guests as the float passes by.​

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Who Framed Roger Rabbit:
1623065149432.png

Debut in 2018 for Who Framed Roger Rabbit's 30th anniversary, Roger Rabbit & Eddie Valiant driving Benny the Cab (with his back trunk, it has letter sign and it says "Hooray for Hollywood!" around the Main Street USA as Benny spins around alot along with Jessica's float: Toontown as dancing trees, bouncy toon buildings, toon sun flies around the float and Jessica Rabbit was chasing after Baby Herman with his photo camera with with ACME gag products such as TNTs, anvils, etc.... At the end of float is Dip Machine with Judge Doom spraying green smoke at the guests. Medley theme is Smile Darn Ya Smile / Eddie Valiant's Theme / Maroon Cartoons Theme.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

-Challenge-
Design a new float for the Main Street Electrical Parade, HOWEVER it must be based on a Disney property created in 2010 and onwards.
Wreck-It Ralph
1623065477438.png
The apartment building in Fix-It Felix Jr. is aglow with pixel-shaped lights, Ralph standing on top and Felix hard at work fixing any lights that might flicker or go out. On the back of the float, Sugar Rush's chocolatey peaks and frosting-covered valleys light up as little candy carts race around the float.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom